UEFA Cup

Guest Patrokles

Guest Patrokles

Assuming we get through, it looks eminently winnable... until you look at some of the champions' league qualifier drop-out teams we could get. I still maintain it's a bit fucking naff that they're allowed in the UEFA.

Assuming we get through, it looks eminently winnable... until you look at some of the champions' league qualifier drop-out teams we could get. I still maintain it's a bit fucking naff that they're allowed in the UEFA.

182812[/snapback]

sorry mate i haven't got time to think about this or the game on thursday, too busy thinking about martins, sheikh mahandoff and our top 4 finish this year

182812[/snapback]

sorry mate i haven't got time to think about this or the game on thursday, too busy thinking about martins, sheikh mahandoff and our top 4 finish this year

182817[/snapback]

WHAT!!!

I'm too busy thinking about The Bill. Far more important on a Thursday night.

Of course it's fucking winnable. Just not by us.  :blush:

182857[/snapback]

You're not even in it, so that's quite obvious.

182871[/snapback]

Then why the fuck are we playing Ventspills on thursday you chelski-loving glory hunter? :blush:

Guest Patrokles

Perhaps I should have listed the teams currently in it, the vast, vast majority of which you'd back us against, and then added the teams we could potentially face if they fail to come through their Champs' League games tonight (which is conceivable).

Perhaps I should have listed the teams currently in it, the vast, vast majority of which you'd back us against, and then added the teams we could potentially face if they fail to come through their Champs' League games tonight (which is conceivable).

182967[/snapback]

I don't think we can face any of those until the latter knock-out stages; and the last 4/8 have been pretty poor for a few years now.

Guest Patrokles

182967[/snapback]

I don't think we can face any of those until the latter knock-out stages; and the last 4/8 have been pretty poor for a few years now.

182982[/snapback]

Wouldn't fancy Liverpool, though, if it goes tits-up tonight.

182812[/snapback]

Its a complete joke that you can be knocked out completely from one competition and then enter and win another mid way through. Theres only one reason for it, to allow the bigger euro clubs more chance at making money and winning a trophy if their CL campaign goes wrong.

But the UEFA (as almost proven by the smogs) is there for taking with some good performances and a bit of luck. Of course lacking any form of luck we will struggle to win it, but not having Souness increaes the chances tenfold at least!