English radio transmitters?

Tyne_Bridge

I need some help by some english radio listeners

I think you're such people :blush:

Well, I'm wondering about if there is any possibility to receive english radio programmes here in Germany?

I have a worldwide-receive-radio at home, but I can just receive some rubbish called "BBC online" or something...

In Germany there are radio transmitters which do matchday-repots on matchdays ( :blush: ).

Could you tell me if there are some englisch radio transmitters doing the same?

And when (day,time...) ?

Which radio-frequency do they have/use?

Thanks a lot by me

Edited by Tyne_Bridge

Your best bet is to get it off the net at www.bbc.co.uk/radio

Failing that then there is the BBC World Service (frequencies for which will be on the above link).

182921[/snapback]

You can't listen to bbc matches outside of the UK online, I think it's to do with franchising , and for the same reason you probably won't find any live football commentary on the World service.

century FM covers some : http://www.100centuryfm.com and if you know where to look you may find the BBC streams that will work abroad. I, of course, would know nothing of these things.

You could subscribe to Newcastle World from the nufc.co.uk site, you can listen to match commentary on match days, its £11.99 for the year at the moment.

You could subscribe to Newcastle World from the nufc.co.uk site, you can listen to match commentary on match days, its £11.99 for the year at the moment.

182937[/snapback]

So the rumour goes...

182937[/snapback]

So the rumour goes...

182964[/snapback]

Can't say that I've had a problem with it !

Can't say that I've had a problem with it !

182979[/snapback]

Are you saying you've had full match commentary, all 90 minutes, from Newcastle World, for all the Newcastle matches! :blush:

How long have you had it for?

If you've got a strong radio, you MIGHT be able to pick up BBC Radio Five Live, but I don't know. But that's your best bet. They broadcast Premiership, Championship, FA Cup, League Cup, Champions League and UEFA Cup games. On Saturday afternoon, they have 2 or 3 games on, as well as updates and scores from all the other games. It starts at about 12pm (1pm in Germany) on a Saturday, and usually goes on until 6pm (7pm), when it is followed by a football phone in show.

They have one or two games on on a Sunday afternoon, from 1pm (2pm) until about 6pm (7pm).

And there is usually coverage of a match of some description on most weeknights between 7-10pm (8-11pm). If not, then they're talking about football.

Frequencies, are both AM, I'm afraid. 693 or 909.

I really don't know if you'll be able to pick it up in Germany, but that's at least the station to try.

Edited by Tom_NUFC

He never mentioned he was wanting it for football coverage, ladies.

183018[/snapback]

He did mention matchday reports like. So, it's a fair assumption.

Edited by Tom_NUFC

I dont think UK radio transmitters will have enough power to reach germany, certainly not AM or FM. Long wave might just make it but its not alot of use. Your best bet to get them would be via a satellite tv system or over the net but for the beeb you'd probably need to find a uk based proxy in order to get access.

The commercial radio stations should give reports if you can find the right one. www.radio-now.co.ukgives a big list of uk stations that braodcast over the net, i reckon theres a fair chance you can find one there that might do the job you want.

Edited by rikko

Thank you lads !

All these tips are very helpful for me :blush:

I'll try to receive some of your proposals next matchday.

And even if it doesn't work, i'm going to listen somewhere on the internet to "almost-live" reports. :pray::puke:

For watching goals, there is still youtube.com, isn't it ? ;)

5Live goes out on medium wave 693 - with a top rate radio AND aerial you should be able to get it but it might be bloody grim - check with any mates locally who are into radio and see what you need

The BBC specifically only broadcasts around 40 minuts of one game on the World Service - they have "rights issues with the FA & the PL"

Aye, you can just about get Five Live on medium wave in northern Germany on a decent day, albeit through a hell of a lot of fuzz and interference - I remember listening to a number of our 1999/00 matches that way (Roma, Birmingham, Tranmere... what a treat ;)).

I had a neighbour a few years back who was a radio nut - there was very litlle he couldn't get - cost him a bloody fortune on kit of course and the place was covered in aerials

a dedicted aerial built for the exact 5Live frequency is yer best bet

The locaion of my domicile is very favourable I think...

I'm living in the north-west part of Germany ( Jormany :blush: ), in Lower Saxony , almost on the border to the Netherlands (only a few kilometres - 20 or something :pray: ).

The point is Britain is not so far away ;)

no big hills in the way for a start

183770[/snapback]

That's right - here are really no hills to jam receivement :pray:

I tried to find any transmittation (transmission ? ) mentioned here but no chance...

Today evening there is the UEFA Cup 2nd qualifying Round match against Ventspils (I think you all know this :blush: ) and I'm not at home and now I'm afraid I will not be able to listen to a commentary (I could not carry my whole PC - System with me :puke: )...

wtf should I do?

btw I don't get the use of the links you gave me ;)

Edited by Tyne_Bridge