HOW is it only 13:53

Gemmill

Bank holiday weekend coming up, at least.

I think? Still working on German time tbh.

183051[/snapback]

It is indeed. Weather forecast is shit I believe :blush:

183052[/snapback]

Get yourself down to Whitley Bay and try and pass out before 2 pm, as is the tradition.

I'll be relaxing in sunny Cannes meanwhile. :blush:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

183051[/snapback]

183052[/snapback]

Get yourself down to Whitley Bay and try and pass out before 2 pm, as is the tradition.

183060[/snapback]

I've never done the Shitley Bay Bank Holiday thingy tbh. Driving through once was enough :blush: You off for a long weekend?

183051[/snapback]

183052[/snapback]

183060[/snapback]

I've never done the Shitley Bay Bank Holiday thingy tbh. Driving through once was enough :blush: You off for a long weekend?

183061[/snapback]

Flying out Thursday morning, back on Tuesday. :blush:

You didn't strike me as the Whitley Bay type tbh - driving through it even is like some insane safari.

183051[/snapback]

183052[/snapback]

I'll be relaxing in sunny Cannes meanwhile. :panic:

183060[/snapback]

183061[/snapback]

Flying out Thursday morning, back on Tuesday. B)

You didn't strike me as the Whitley Bay type tbh - driving through it even is like some insane safari.

183063[/snapback]

Very nice. Or should I say Nice ;):blush: Never been to Cannes but I went to

Monte Carlo once for the day. Should be lovely. I've still got a week in Greece to look forward to so I don't hate you too much :blush:

Am also suffering this strange anomaly :blush: Jeezus H Corbett why can't it be thursday today so we can then look forward to a lovely Bank Holiday weekend of lashing rain and lashing booze.. :blush:

I'm practicing for the hazard perception test on me PC.  ;) Boring as owt.

183162[/snapback]

This is very true. It just feels like a day at work is a day of my life completely wasted :blush:

Feels like at least Thursday.  I hate when days/weeks/months/years drag at work.

182985[/snapback]

Dont wish your days away Gemmill, life is so short as it is!

183228[/snapback]

I wish every work day away, and will continue to do so until my lottery numbers come up. ;) The most sickening thing about it all is how fast the weekends fly by. Surely life isn't meant to be 5/7ths drudgery?!

I wish every work day away, and will continue to do so until my lottery numbers come up.  :blush:  The most sickening thing about it all is how fast the weekends fly by.  Surely life isn't meant to be 5/7ths drudgery?!

183352[/snapback]

What worries me is that as an accountant you're only way of getting out of drudgery is those 6 numbers. Use your imagination lad, you have access to company accounts, shift some here, move some there, transfer some, exchage it back and forth between Dollars and Francs each time taking the pennies for yourself.

Come on maaan, get a grip stop wishing your life away and do something about it, fraud thats the way forward.

Oh and count yourself lucky the rest of us have 6/7ths drudgery, we've got to stand and talk to you on a piss up on the 6th day. ;)

I wish every work day away, and will continue to do so until my lottery numbers come up.  :blush:   The most sickening thing about it all is how fast the weekends fly by.  Surely life isn't meant to be 5/7ths drudgery?!

183352[/snapback]

What worries me is that as an accountant you're only way of getting out of drudgery is those 6 numbers. Use your imagination lad, you have access to company accounts, shift some here, move some there, transfer some, exchage it back and forth between Dollars and Francs each time taking the pennies for yourself.

Come on maaan, get a grip stop wishing your life away and do something about it, fraud thats the way forward.

Oh and count yourself lucky the rest of us have 6/7ths drudgery, we've got to stand and talk to you on a piss up on the 6th day. ;)

183393[/snapback]

Exactly! Like that fella on Shawshank Redemption!

Feels like at least Thursday.  I hate when days/weeks/months/years drag at work.

182985[/snapback]

183228[/snapback]

I wish every work day away, and will continue to do so until my lottery numbers come up. :blush: The most sickening thing about it all is how fast the weekends fly by. Surely life isn't meant to be 5/7ths drudgery?!

183352[/snapback]

No it isnt ;) So change it! Try and find a job you actually enjoy We have an extremely short life, and you're wasting yours by only living for the weekends.

182985[/snapback]

183228[/snapback]

I wish every work day away, and will continue to do so until my lottery numbers come up. :blush: The most sickening thing about it all is how fast the weekends fly by. Surely life isn't meant to be 5/7ths drudgery?!

183352[/snapback]

No it isnt ;) So change it! Try and find a job you actually enjoy We have an extremely short life, and you're wasting yours by only living for the weekends.

183400[/snapback]

I've got to the stage now where I'm getting paid too much in accountancy and have too much debt to start off at the beginning in anything else. I did think about joining a recruitment consultancy that specifies in placing accountants - they tend to hire accounting professionals, so have to pay decent wages, but I didn't pursue it. Might have a look into it, but I'm worried it would be like a bit of a sales job.

Will see how it goes here for a bit - could end up having more of a business role and less of an accounting role before too long anyway, which would be a change if nothing else.

182985[/snapback]

183228[/snapback]

I wish every work day away, and will continue to do so until my lottery numbers come up. :cantlook: The most sickening thing about it all is how fast the weekends fly by. Surely life isn't meant to be 5/7ths drudgery?!

183352[/snapback]

No it isnt :puke: So change it! Try and find a job you actually enjoy We have an extremely short life, and you're wasting yours by only living for the weekends.

183400[/snapback]

I've got to the stage now where I'm getting paid too much in accountancy and have too much debt to start off at the beginning in anything else. I did think about joining a recruitment consultancy that specifies in placing accountants - they tend to hire accounting professionals, so have to pay decent wages, but I didn't pursue it. Might have a look into it, but I'm worried it would be like a bit of a sales job.

Will see how it goes here for a bit - could end up having more of a business role and less of an accounting role before too long anyway, which would be a change if nothing else.

183409[/snapback]

Gemmill...this all sounds incredibly dull ;) You're tied to what you do at the moment because of money, it always boils down to money...these tribes that move around, find a new spot and build a house in a day have a lot going for them!! No debt, no mortgage, no bills... :pray:

At least whilst you're at work you can come and play on Toontastic :blush:

182985[/snapback]

183228[/snapback]

I wish every work day away, and will continue to do so until my lottery numbers come up. :cantlook: The most sickening thing about it all is how fast the weekends fly by. Surely life isn't meant to be 5/7ths drudgery?!

183352[/snapback]

No it isnt :puke: So change it! Try and find a job you actually enjoy We have an extremely short life, and you're wasting yours by only living for the weekends.

183400[/snapback]

183409[/snapback]

Gemmill...this all sounds incredibly dull ;) You're tied to what you do at the moment because of money, it always boils down to money...these tribes that move around, find a new spot and build a house in a day have a lot going for them!! No debt, no mortgage, no bills... :pray:

At least whilst you're at work you can come and play on Toontastic :blush:

183418[/snapback]

Everything boils down to money. True though, at least I can come on here.

I like my job but I'm grossly underpaid to the extent I might have to look elsewhere and even join the dark side (drug companies). Trouble is 95% of the jobs I am suited for are based in Landern or the home counties and I really don't want to move there. Don't know what to do tbh.

I like my job but I'm grossly underpaid to the extent I might have to look elsewhere and even join the dark side (drug companies). Trouble is 95% of the jobs I am suited for are based in Landern or the home counties and I really don't want to move there. Don't know what to do tbh.

183525[/snapback]

Clapham Common specifically? ;)

183525[/snapback]

Clapham Common specifically? ;)

183530[/snapback]

:blush:

Serious discussion is impossible....

183525[/snapback]

That's the trouble. Go down there and you might be earning more and be worse off.

183525[/snapback]

That's the trouble. Go down there and you might be earning more and be worse off.

183538[/snapback]

Catch 22 really. I reckon I could double my income but my expenditure would more than match that unfortunately. Then there's all the other disadvantages. It begs the question, how seriously should you take your career?