just been confirmed on ssn boumsong signed for juve for £3.3m

good riddens!  :blush:

183078[/snapback]

I hope Fred's feeling very guilty tbh.

just been confirmed on ssn boumsong signed for juve for £3.3m

good riddens!  :blush:

183078[/snapback]

:blush:

Sorry couldn't help it, grammar police and all that.

So it's really true? Ferk me.

NEWCASTLE UNITED PLC

The Directors of Newcastle United PLC wish to announce that the transfer of Jean

Alain Boumsong from Newcastle United to Juventus has been finalised this

afternoon.

The amount payable to Newcastle United by Juventus for the transfer of the

player's registration is €4.8 million plus further sums, which are contingent on

the future success of Juventus in domestic and UEFA competitions.

So it looks like that £4/4.5m is true, dependent on Juve's success. Well done Freddie, you thieving fucking gypsy.

Edited by DotBum

i find it funny that we're getting excited about losing over £4m and god knows how much in wages by getting rid of boumsong.

183104[/snapback]

Technically we lost that when we signed him, not when we got rid of him.

Would you rather have him in the team??

i find it funny that we're getting excited about losing over £4m and god knows how much in wages by getting rid of boumsong.

183104[/snapback]

I see it as money saved and wages gained.

183104[/snapback]

Technically we lost that when we signed him, not when we got rid of him.

Would you rather have him in the team??

183105[/snapback]

no. he had to go.

but the amount of cash we're losing on him takes the piss. and it's not like this is a rare occurance. i'm struggling to think of a transfer apart from woodgate in the last few years that we didn't lose money on.

makes you wonder if martins is going to be the next alan shearer or another albert luque

Guest Patrokles

183104[/snapback]

I see it as money saved and wages gained.

183118[/snapback]

or vice versa

Gol is spot on, I'd written off at least 6 million quid, and really felt we had wages taken up for a quality defender. Let's not forget a week ago we were looking at loaning him out and paying half his wages. I am very excited bu the prospect of a decent replacement to shore up our defence.

Good luck to him, but he was never going to make it in the Premiership.

Edited by DotBum

makes you wonder if martins is going to be the next alan shearer or another albert luque

183119[/snapback]

No it doesn't. :blush:

183122[/snapback]

well going on our record of recent transfer outgoings, i'm going to predict that we'll sell martins in a couple of transfer windows time for about £3.5m and the majority of this board will be relieved we were able to get his wages off the books.

woodgate aside, does anyone remember when the last time was that we did a good bit of business?

183119[/snapback]

No it doesn't. ;)

183122[/snapback]

well going on our record of recent transfer outgoings, i'm going to predict that we'll sell martins in a couple of transfer windows time for about £3.5m and the majority of this board will be relieved we were able to get his wages off the books.

woodgate aside, does anyone remember when the last time was that we did a good bit of business?

183127[/snapback]

Damien Duff , not a very hard question

183127[/snapback]

Boumsong to Juve? ;)

Duff?

I know what you're saying, but I think Roeder's doing ok in this transfer window. Boumsong & Luque were Souness' mistakes, Viana & Cort were Robson's. Are we going to look at Souness' results to see how Roeder will perform, too?