Kevin Phillips snubs Sunderland for West Brom.

menace13

;):blush::pray::puke::cantlook:

Phillips makes move to West Brom

Aston Villa striker Kevin Phillips is wanted by Sunderland and West Brom

Phillips is wanted by Sunderland and West Brom

West Brom have beaten Sunderland to the signature of striker Kevin Phillips from Aston Villa for £700,000.

The two clubs were given permission to talk to the 33-year-old after having bids for the player accepted.

Phillips was in the Villa squad to play Reading on Wednesday but manager Martin O'Neill has allowed him a speedy exit.

"We have signed a vastly-experienced player who has played at the top level throughout his career," Baggies boss Bryan Robson told his club's website.

He added: "His anticipation to get himself a chance, and the quality he has got in converting those chances, are the reasons we have brought him here."

Black Cats boss Niall Quinn will be disappointed at being rejected by his former strike partner.

With Sunderland bottom of the Championship, Quinn was keen to bring cult hero Phillips back to spark a revival at the Stadium of Light.

In their classic little-and-large partnership, Phillips scored 130 goals in 235 appearances.

But he has chosen to go to The Hawthorns and signed a two-year deal after passing a medical.

Phillips spent only one season at Villa Park after moving from Southampton and managed just five goals in an injury-hit campaign.

Link

Edited by menace13

;)

ive just tried to go on the smb and got this

The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

They'll be going mental!

Edited by Lazarus

I find it funny that they seemed willing to forget the 18 months not trying and £1m departure tax when he knew they were skint and welcome "the legend" back but now he's instantly hated again.

Songs for Monday - Just had Whed on the phone

And he has requested me to post the following songs on his behalf as suggestions to sing to Phillips on Monday. He also stated he is a right sly fucker by stating "my kids love it up in Sunderland where they were born" and "I have unfinished business up there"

He shagged your wife

He shagged your wife

He shagged, ***** shagged yer wife (starred for obvious legal reasons)

Who's the father of the twins

Who's the father, Who's the father

Genius on there tonight tbh

God, I am actually feeling sorry for them now

183165[/snapback]

Yeah, I'm starting to get that too. Weird isn't it?

183179[/snapback]

It is weird, as I had the same feeling when I heard the news.

It's like rats leaving a sinking ship! ;)

What brings a young Sunderland man to detonate himself amidst a crowd of football fans? Is it a religious upbringing with promises of paradise in reward for acts of martyrdom? Is it the parental support he receives for his convictions? Is it brainwashing, or rather encouragement from a long standing association with a below average football club with no other means of fighting back against oppression and humiliation?

No! It's when a man and ex-player you have worshipped as a god and have the utmost respect for refuses to join your club and fight the cause instead joining West Bromwich Albion, welcome to the life of a sunderland football club supporter.

Sad Mackem Bastards, how appropriate ;)

They've just had a man sent off tonight as well ;)

183195[/snapback]

And they appear to have Reid watching their match, no doubt that'll be a popular choice!

They are becoming such a complete and utter joke that you do almost feel sorry for them...almost!

2-0 now.  I really do feel sorry for them at the minute like.  Imagine how you'd feel if that was us man.  Jesus it doesn't even bear thinking about.

183238[/snapback]

Feel sorry for them? Not a fucking chance, remember the wankfest after the Marseille game? After the Man Utd semi?

2-0 now.  I really do feel sorry for them at the minute like.  Imagine how you'd feel if that was us man.  Jesus it doesn't even bear thinking about.

183238[/snapback]

Feel sorry for them? Not a fucking chance, remember the wankfest after the Marseille game? After the Man Utd semi?

183246[/snapback]

Aye I know, but we need another of them for me to rediscover my hatred. I remember feeling sorry for them prior to Cardiff and then hating the bastards again when I saw how much they'd enjoyed it.