Cordless phones

Toonraider

I know mobile phones glued to your ears are supposed to be bad for you, but are ordinary cordless phones ok?  ;)

183490[/snapback]

I assume so, I've never heard the health scare stories associated with them. To be on the safe side - stop fucking gassing on the phone so much :blush:

It sounds a bit new-agey, but when my mam moved house she had this bloke out who took readings on magnetic/electrical currents (or something, I can't remember exactly what it was he was doing), to tell her whether there was anything to worry about - supposedly this sort of thing can have a dramatic effect on your health.

Anyway he told her to get rid of the cordless phones they have in the house, and said he would never have them in his house because of the damaging interference (or whatever, I really don't know what the terminology was). He reckons mobiles are alright as long as they aren't used excessively, but cordless phones were a big no-no.

I know mobile phones glued to your ears are supposed to be bad for you, but are ordinary cordless phones ok?  :blush:

183490[/snapback]

I assume so, I've never heard the health scare stories associated with them. To be on the safe side - stop fucking gassing on the phone so much :puke:

183492[/snapback]

;)

I dont use the phone much, if i chat to my friends its normally on MSN :blush:

Only time im stuck on the phone for hours is if i draw the short straw and get the Mother Out-Law :cantlook:

I thought i'd check as i want a cordless phone...people always seem to ring whilst im cooking (burning) dinner :blush:

I try to keep calls on my mobile short, when my best mate Karl rings me he talks for ages and i really feel my ear burning hot :pray: must be so bad for you, i told him the other day to hang up and ring the home phone.

It sounds a bit new-agey, but when my mam moved house she had this bloke out who took readings on magnetic/electrical currents (or something, I can't remember exactly what it was he was doing), to tell her whether there was anything to worry about - supposedly this sort of thing can have a dramatic effect on your health.

Anyway he told her to get rid of the cordless phones they have in the house, and said he would never have them in his house because of the damaging interference (or whatever, I really don't know what the terminology was).  He reckons mobiles are alright as long as they aren't used excessively, but cordless phones were a big no-no.

183495[/snapback]

;)

I had a feeling they might not be good, when im on the phone to people who have a cordless i can hear the interference, it did make me wonder.

I presume your mum may live near to one of those huge pilons? i watched a program about this awhile ago, it seems there is evidence of higher numbers of illness's for people living within a certain radius. .

Edited by Toonraider

I know mobile phones glued to your ears are supposed to be bad for you, but are ordinary cordless phones ok?  :pray:

183490[/snapback]

I assume so, I've never heard the health scare stories associated with them. To be on the safe side - stop fucking gassing on the phone so much :cantlook:

183492[/snapback]

;)

I dont use the phone much, if i chat to my friends its normally on MSN :icon_lol:

Only time im stuck on the phone for hours is if i draw the short straw and get the Mother Out-Law :icon_lol:

I thought i'd check as i want a cordless phone...people always seem to ring whilst im cooking (burning) dinner :icon_lol:

I try to keep calls on my mobile short, when my best mate Karl rings me he talks for ages and i really feel my ear burning hot :puke: must be so bad for you, i told him the other day to hang up and ring the home phone.

183498[/snapback]

You sound like such a backward yokel. :blush: :blush: "When moi mate Karl calls oi troys to keep the calls shorrrrt." If you talk as slowly as most people down there do, you've got no chance. :blush:

Despite this bloke's advice, I still have the cordless in my house - I wouldn't talk to anyone for longer than two minutes if I had to stay in one place while I did it.

I know mobile phones glued to your ears are supposed to be bad for you, but are ordinary cordless phones ok?  :pray:

183490[/snapback]

I assume so, I've never heard the health scare stories associated with them. To be on the safe side - stop fucking gassing on the phone so much :cantlook:

183492[/snapback]

;)

I dont use the phone much, if i chat to my friends its normally on MSN :icon_lol:

Only time im stuck on the phone for hours is if i draw the short straw and get the Mother Out-Law :icon_lol:

I thought i'd check as i want a cordless phone...people always seem to ring whilst im cooking (burning) dinner :icon_lol:

I try to keep calls on my mobile short, when my best mate Karl rings me he talks for ages and i really feel my ear burning hot :puke: must be so bad for you, i told him the other day to hang up and ring the home phone.

183498[/snapback]

You sound like such a backward yokel. :blush: :blush: "When moi mate Karl calls oi troys to keep the calls shorrrrt." If you talk as slowly as most people down there do, you've got no chance. :blush:

Despite this bloke's advice, I still have the cordless in my house - I wouldn't talk to anyone for longer than two minutes if I had to stay in one place while I did it.

183500[/snapback]

and you sound such an arogant arse!!!

The word "arrrrrrse" sounds great in a West Country accent though. ;)

183510[/snapback]

Please dont elaborate :blush:

183514[/snapback]

Harrrrrrrrrder! Harrrrrrrrrder!

....but anyway. :pray:

I know mobile phones glued to your ears are supposed to be bad for you, but are ordinary cordless phones ok?  :puke:

183490[/snapback]

I assume so, I've never heard the health scare stories associated with them. To be on the safe side - stop fucking gassing on the phone so much :blush:

183492[/snapback]

;)

I try to keep calls on my mobile short, when my best mate Karl rings me he talks for ages and i really feel my ear burning hot :cantlook: must be so bad for you, i told him the other day to hang up and ring the home phone.

183498[/snapback]

You sound like such a backward yokel. :blush: :blush: "When moi mate Karl calls oi troys to keep the calls shorrrrt." If you talk as slowly as most people down there do, you've got no chance. :icon_lol:

183500[/snapback]

and you sound such an arogant arse!!!

183504[/snapback]

:pray: Chill out t00nraider!

Fwiw there is no foundation for any of these sources of electromagnetic radiation doing you any harm whatsoever. But, your greatest exposure is likely to be from your mobile phone handset, which exposes you to several magnitudes higher radiation than your cordless phone. Not that it concerns me in the slightest.

The same goes for pylons, nuclear power stations, etc etc.

Anyway he told her to get rid of the cordless phones they have in the house, and said he would never have them in his house because of the damaging interference (or whatever, I really don't know what the terminology was).  He reckons mobiles are alright as long as they aren't used excessively, but cordless phones were a big no-no.

183495[/snapback]

And is this the one you keep telling me I can have? ;)

Edited by catmag

183495[/snapback]

And is this the one you keep telling me I can have? ;)

183627[/snapback]

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting to give you the POISONOUS PHONE! :pray:

It's all cordlesses, not just my mam's ones. :blush:

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting to give you the POISONOUS PHONE! :pray:

It's all cordlesses, not just my mam's ones. :blush:

183628[/snapback]

Why are you trying to kill me? ;)