Reading/Leeds Festival

curry stained pilchard

Well that was mint. Highlights for me were Maximo, Reel Big Fish, The Fratellis, Feeder, The Subways, Fall Out Boy and the Rakes. From the Marshals to Muse that was banging. Good weather till the soaking on last night too.

I'm heading back to the sofa to die now.

I've been watching the highlights of the festivals of an evening on telly and it looks like it was class. I don't think I could ever be a 'festival chick' like as I'm far too classy to get muddy :lol:

One time I went to Leeds and we were joined around the campfire at 5am by, who appeared to be, Del Preston*. Smoked half our weed and drank half our cans but what a funny bloke.

The music tends to be secondary to having a good time.

"TIMMY!!"

*From Waynes World 2.

I've been watching the highlights of the festivals of an evening on telly and it looks like it was class.  I don't think I could ever be a 'festival chick' like as I'm far too classy to get muddy :lol:

186350[/snapback]

all middle class kids (who else can afford the tickets?) driven there by mumsie in the 2nd 4WD TBH

spend just HOURS getting on the "correct" gear for 3 days

I understand some stay in HOTELS......................

I've been watching the highlights of the festivals of an evening on telly and it looks like it was class.  I don't think I could ever be a 'festival chick' like as I'm far too classy to get muddy :lol:

186350[/snapback]

all middle class kids (who else can afford the tickets?) driven there by mumsie in the 2nd 4WD TBH

186392[/snapback]

I think you'll find there's plenty who save up and coach it/bus it/thumb it.

You see more live music in a weekend than you see football on a season ticket, so the price is quite reasonable too tbh.

186392[/snapback]

I went to Reading and stayed in a hotel - not middle class, just old and soft.

Catmag you could still look classy in wellies I'm sure - I found denim skirt/ green welly ensembles strangely attractive this weeked...

Highlights were Muse and Pearl Jam.

Guest Toplass-101
Muse are unreal, seen them in Edinburgh last Thursday

186409[/snapback]

Of all the clips ive see Muse were by far the best.

I've been watching the highlights of the festivals of an evening on telly and it looks like it was class.  I don't think I could ever be a 'festival chick' like as I'm far too classy to get muddy :D

186350[/snapback]

186392[/snapback]

Rob man, when did you turn into LeazesMag? :lol:

i just got offered 2 free tickets to the raconteurs. Not really my type of music. Are they any good?

186447[/snapback]

As much as I want to get into them, they just sound really bland and meh. Might be better live though.

Reading weather was good apart from the last night.. The Raconteurs were absolutely mint! The Fratellies were class too.

Tried to do a three man tier (i.e. someone on someone's shoulders, then a third person to lift them, but failed miserably. Loads of people were trying to help us "get it up" but still got a round of a applause for trying :lol:

i just got offered 2 free tickets to the raconteurs. Not really my type of music. Are they any good?

186447[/snapback]

As much as I want to get into them, they just sound really bland and meh. Might be better live though.

186493[/snapback]

I like the white stripes, i like jack white but the raconteurs just dont cut it.

They were on at the same time as muse. Give me Muse anyday

at leeds they were unreal.

The set was perfect and the atmosphere was brilliant - even in the given torrential rain.

We got in the middle and started a small fire - then rain and we found a bloke who let us go under his poncho (somehow sounds wrong)

so there was four of us under this poncho to hide from the rain.

Genuis but seriously i dont think ive ever seen a better live band in my life..

Not sure like but they were certainly top draw :lol: