roy keane to be the new mackems boss?

zico martin

So they've got a Chairman with no experience of running a business, and a manager with no experience of running a football team.  What could POSSIBLY go wrong?

183865[/snapback]

I may be wrong but didn't Quinn back McCarthy 100% over the whole incident before the 2002 World Cup? ;)

183892[/snapback]

and maybe this is how Keano gets his own back :blush:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunderland quiet over Keane claim

Sunderland are staying tight-lipped over a claim that Roy Keane will be the Championship club's new manager.

Sky Sports reported on Wednesday that Keane, 35, will be appointed the new boss, taking over from chairman Niall Quinn who has been in temporary charge.

Keane played with Quinn during their international careers with the Republic of Ireland, and the pair share a lawyer and agent in Michael Kennedy.

But neither Keane nor the club issued any statements on Wednesday.

And when BBC Sport contacted a Black Cats spokesperson, there was no comment made.

BBC Radio Five Live also reported that there were "strong rumours" in the north-east that Keane was going to be the new Sunderland boss.

Didn't think Quinn and Keane were on that good terms, but if so I believe he could do really well there, and drag them back up kicking and screaming. But then they've already had one alledged hard man in charge of them this year.

a quick change of tone on bbc

Keane set to be Sunderland boss

Sunderland are expected to unveil Roy Keane as their new manager, BBC Radio Five Live understands.

Sunderland chairman and temporary boss Niall Quinn claimed he was on the verge of appointing a new manager on Tuesday and Keane, 35, looks to be his choice.

Sunderland did not confirm the move but said in a statement: "No new managerial appointment has been made at this time.

"The club is in discussions with a high-profile figure and is hopeful of an announcement in the near future."

Former Manchester United assistant boss Brian Kidd is set to take up the same role in the new managerial team.

Keane played with Quinn during their international careers with the Republic of Ireland and they also share the same lawyer and agent in Michael Kennedy.

Souness Mark II.

183920[/snapback]

Just what I was about to say. I can see it being a disaster of epic proportions.

He can scare the team straight but I genuinely believe that most of the side just aren't good enough at Championship level let alone Premiership. McCarthy bought his squad from the lower leagues hoping they'd turn out to be great finds but bar one or to flashes by Lawrence and Whitehead they've all been useless.

Keano  ;)

I can see them having local derbys against Darlo in the not to distant future.

183936[/snapback]

Blyth Spartans tbh.

How much is he getting to spend?

If it's millions and he can't drag them out of that tin pot league even Eamon Dunphy might lose faith.

183938[/snapback]

Well they have just spunked £1.7m on Tobias Hysen today.

If it's millions and he can't drag them out of that tin pot league even Eamon Dunphy might lose faith.

183938[/snapback]

183940[/snapback]

I think me ma's got a hoover made by him ;)

183938[/snapback]

183940[/snapback]

I think me ma's got a hoover made by him ;)

183941[/snapback]

wahey, one to ted

MAckems on SMB throwing their toys out the pram because Hansen said on MOTD he thought Keane would go to a bigger and better place than Sunderland.

Don't see what they're crying about, Keane for all he is one of the biggest cnuts to ever play the game is a big name and a big player and you would have expected him to start somewhere bigger and better!

183938[/snapback]

183940[/snapback]

Legend on FM 2006.

183938[/snapback]

183940[/snapback]

Legend on FM 2006.

183944[/snapback]

It's all becoming clear. Quinn has been using the FM style of management the last feww weeks. If only he could re-load without saving.

Fucking mockery of an appointment, "world class manager", you're having a fucking laugh. Roy Keane has no patience for players at a lower level than himself, he's Hoddle with a temper and has begun at the wrong club at the wrong time.

I dunno what Quinny said to him to convince him to get onboard but it must've been one hell of a pitch, Keane has never stuck me as a thick cunt but to take over the mackems in their current situation with Niall Quinn as his boss has got to rank as one of the strangest decisions in football.

Roy Keane is a player I genuinely admired, as I did Souness but as managers I reckon they'll be on a par with one another.

I love the fact they're posting the Shearer - Keane video and having a good old chortle at it without realising it's Keane that gets stitched up ;) Dafties.

183960[/snapback]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQVOdgM8BdE

Great eh ?

Al played him like a fucking piano !

183963[/snapback]

He's Oirish so more like a cheap tin whistle :blush: