roy keane to be the new mackems boss?

zico martin

Mackem view here -

Dont think he is a "world class" appointment but i am generally excited at the idea of having him as manager. I honestly feel he cant do any worse than Quinn has a manager, but at the end of the day, he didnt sign up for that. Quinn has brought in money Murray couldnt have provided, and a manager Murray couldnt have provided.

As for the no experience, i suppose we all start out our careers with experience behind us :lol:

186179[/snapback]

I think he will have an instant impact in that for the first few games there will be a lift to both players and fans which can affect results straight away. Before he was brought in i think it was nailed on that Wst Brom would win with a Phillips winner, but now i'm not so sure!

In the long term i have no idea as he is working with some very poor players and who knows if he will turn out to be a Keegan-like inspired choice or if he will indeed become Souness mark 2!

Here's hoping for another Souness :D

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roy Keane has officially signed a contract to become the manager of Sunderland.

The former Manchester United captain agreed to a three-year contract with the Stadium of Light side.

More to follow.

Anyone just see SSN before where they showed an interview with Niall Quinn from last year? He was talking about how one day Roy Keane will be looking for a club to give him a chance as a manager, Richard Keys then says, "Will he be a good manager...in one word"....Quinny replies, "Doubtful".

:lol::lol::D

SSN showed a video clip this evening from back in November last year (probably when Keane left Man Utd) where Niall Quinn was asked if he thought Keane will make a good manager....

"Doubtful!" was his response.......

:lol:

186161[/snapback]

Anyone just see SSN before where they showed an interview with Niall Quinn from last year? He was talking about how one day Roy Keane will be looking for a club to give him a chance as a manager, Richard Keys then says, "Will he be a good manager...in one word"....Quinny replies, "Doubtful".

:D:lol::rolleyes:

186403[/snapback]

:D:lol: