English refs, what a bunch of pricks!

Papa Lazaru

We're only 2 rounds of games into the season and already there has been about 8 or 9 wrong penalty decisions that have turned matches, wrong decisions over red and yellow cards and tonight the worst of all.

For Gallacher to only give Thatcher a yellow card for an assault that should see him locked up is scandelous and he follows it by fucking up a blatant penalty decision.

They are without question a waste of space and what a shocker nearly all the penalty decsions have went for bigger clubs and against the 3 promoted clubs nd other smaller clubs!

I would have added the Bramble one but when i saw it on TV it hits his chest then his hand which is a deflection and thus accidental an not a pen, or else it would be another one to the total of shite decisions.

Edited by Papa Lazaru

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thatcher should be getting 5 games minimum for that. Bloke's a nutter.

183951[/snapback]

But of course thanks to the moronic rules we have since the ref saw it and punished it with a yellow they can't change it.

Gallagher should be chucked into non league refereeing and told he can come back in a few years time and Thatcher wants the shit kicking out of him, he's done this many times, ask the Mackems who remember him from an incident with Nicky Summerbee.

What's the craic with the Thatcher challenge? I completely forgot there was football on last night so didn't even know til I saw the scores this morning - that's what the close season does to you. ;)

Anyway, did Thatcher injure someone? He's a dirty little cowardly prick like.

What's the craic with the Thatcher challenge?  I completely forgot there was football on last night so didn't even know til I saw the scores this morning - that's what the close season does to you. ;)

Anyway, did Thatcher injure someone?  He's a dirty little cowardly prick like.

183985[/snapback]

Both players runing for the ball at really fast pace, Thatcher looking at him the n a full forearm smash to the face and Mendez hits the boards, Thatcher doesn't even go over to see if he is alright, the poor lad spent the night in hospital, fuckin well needs a 5 or 6 game ban, and Stuart Pierce chould kick him out the club.

What's the craic with the Thatcher challenge?  I completely forgot there was football on last night so didn't even know til I saw the scores this morning - that's what the close season does to you. ;)

Anyway, did Thatcher injure someone?  He's a dirty little cowardly prick like.

183985[/snapback]

Went through Pedro Mendes and put him in hospital.

Redknapp:

"Off the field, you could not meet a nicer boy," said Redknapp of Thatcher. "Unfortunately, on the pitch he is capable of doing things like that.

"It was an horrendous challenge and totally out of order."

Mendes needed oxygen treatment on the side of the pitch after skidding into advertising hoardings.

"As soon as I saw Thatcher running into the corner, I knew what was coming. I would have bet my life on it," Redknapp added.

"Pedro is in hospital and won't be coming back with us tonight.

"He suffered some kind of fit or seizure. We had to give him oxygen and he wasn't in a great way when he left the stadium, but we will see how he is tomorrow."

Saw this challenge on MOTD last night and it was blatantly obviously in Thatchers mind that he was never going to try and get anywhere near the ball. He just ran at him like a train and went straight through him. Hope Mendes is okay and that Thatcher gets suitably punished for it. The referee was completely incompetent in not giving him a straight red.

Thanks for linking that.

Fucking shocking ;)

Alan Brazil on TalkSport is defending the challenge as innocuous!!!!!!!! :blush::pray::puke:

That was a criminal attack and Thatcher should be put in front of the beak and Gallagher should be struck off the ref list.

Dreadful.

I quite like Brazil, but he doesn't half talk a lot of shit. When I say I like him, I just think it's quality the way he lives the life of Reilly, constantly leeching at big sporting events, not turning into work if he's had a bit too much to drink and that. His craic can be funny at times too, although he takes some weird stances on a lot of things and is as tactless as it gets.

I quite like Brazil, but he doesn't half talk a lot of shit.  When I say I like him, I just think it's quality the way he lives the life of Reilly, constantly leeching at big sporting events, not turning into work if he's had a bit too much to drink and that.  His craic can be funny at times too, although he takes some weird stances on a lot of things and is as tactless as it gets.

184030[/snapback]

I find his craic good as well.

He is really getting annoyed that the majority of people are finding the challenge a bad one, and not agreeing with him. Intollerance of other people's standpoints really pisses me off ;)

I quite like Brazil, but he doesn't half talk a lot of shit.  When I say I like him, I just think it's quality the way he lives the life of Reilly, constantly leeching at big sporting events, not turning into work if he's had a bit too much to drink and that.  His craic can be funny at times too, although he takes some weird stances on a lot of things and is as tactless as it gets.

184030[/snapback]

He's an amusing mong. Still a mong though ;)

We're only 2 rounds of games into the season and already there has been about 8 or 9 wrong penalty decisions that have turned matches, wrong decisions over red and yellow cards and tonight the worst of all.

For Gallacher to only give Thatcher a yellow card for an assault that should see him locked up is scandelous and he follows it by fucking up a blatant penalty decision.

They are without question a waste of space and what a shocker nearly all the penalty decsions have went for bigger clubs and against the 3 promoted clubs nd other smaller clubs!

I would have added the Bramble one but when i saw it on TV it hits his chest then his hand which is a deflection and thus accidental an not a pen, or else it would be another one to the total of shite decisions.

183948[/snapback]

I agree. The refereeing has been appalling so far.

Michael Brown not sent off.

Everton's penalty despite the ball hitting the defender's head (and Watford not getting a penalty in the same match for an identical situation where the ball did hit the defender's hand).

Steven Gerrard getting a penalty.

Viduka's disallowed goal.

Bolton's first goal against Spurs being allowed.

The list goes on and on.

A lot of the English refs these days just can't keep up with play. It's ridiculous to expect some flabby knacker (Poll, Halsey) to be able to cover the ground AND be alert enough to make the decisions that they need to. We should have a cull and bring in a new regime of superfit, slim referees who aren't carting two stone of extra weight around with their cards and whistle.

On Youtube already

its about 4 minutes intothe clip

http://youtube.com/watch?v=syurgraIu5o

184018[/snapback]

Thats the first time I've seen it, thats sickening, what a horrible shitebag Ben Thatcher is, I can only hope that even if he can't be given a Red after the event, he gets a disripute charge or even gets a civil action from the police.

Lets face it, if Lee Bowyer can get dragged infront of a magistrate for his hand-bags with Kieron Dyer, Thatcher should too.

I haven't seen the challenge yet admittedly, but I'd hate to see owt like that happen Jimbo. The Bowyer-Dyer thing was wrong and any punishment Thatcher receives should be handed down by the FA, not the law courts. Dangerous game starting stuff like that in football or any sport.

I haven't seen the challenge yet admittedly, but I'd hate to see owt like that happen Jimbo.  The Bowyer-Dyer thing was wrong and any punishment Thatcher receives should be handed down by the FA, not the law courts.  Dangerous game starting stuff like that in football or any sport.

184114[/snapback]

I agree, I think football should deal with football, the point I was trying to make was, when you compare the offence that Bowyer commited against Dyer with that of Thatcher on Mendes, it just underlines how pathetic the action was.

Russian refs must be worse, booked a Hearts player last night for wearing an earing !!!!!!!

184124[/snapback]

Booked him for returning to the pitch without permission actually....

Referees are human and will always make errors, some more than others obviously. The issue for me here is the stupidity of the rules whereby video evidence can't be used to upgrade yellow cards.