Fuckin quiz channels

peasepud

Its 2.45 and I got up from sleep, now I cant go back to bed cos this quiz shite on telly is doing me heed in.

The question is:

Time for Jimmy and Timmy the aliens, their 150 alien pals and 25 more aliens to fly home from Earth. But the Aliens' spaceship has been towed. Oh dear! This always happens!

Count all the aliens!

The answers given have ranged from 0 to 1587, numerous attempts at 177which makes sense but theres been dozens upon dozens of sad sacs having a go all at a quid a pop (and that doesnt include the many many attempts where they werent successful.)

These programs have done in more old grannies than Harold bloody Shipman.

Im off to bed but someone watch it and let me know the right answer please

Its 2.45 and I got up from sleep, now I cant go back to bed cos this quiz shite on telly is doing me heed in.

The question is:

Time for Jimmy and Timmy the aliens, their 150 alien pals and 25 more aliens to fly home from Earth. But the Aliens' spaceship has been towed. Oh dear! This always happens!

Count all the aliens!

The answers given have ranged from 0 to 1587, numerous attempts at 177which makes sense but theres been dozens upon dozens of sad sacs having a go all at a quid a pop (and that doesnt include the many many attempts where they werent successful.)

183972[/snapback]

these programs are banned in my house as they just go on an on and never tell you the answer and go on to a new question...thus raking in loads of money and leaving you really pissed off !!! ;)

The question is:

Count all the aliens

183972[/snapback]

The answer is three

The question is:

Count all the aliens

183972[/snapback]

The answer is three

183990[/snapback]

Yep

Is the question really that shit that it just wants you to respond to how many times the word aliens appears in the sentence? ;)

Peasepud, what were you doing with this channel even on your telly???

It's a fix man, even when someone eventually gets it right, they don't explain how they came to the answer. They've had loads of complaints, because they can get away with having several answers to one question.

I can't bear those quiz programmes. I've mentioned on here before that we occasionally end up watching them on nights and they drive me fucking spare. Can't remember which one it was, but the word was "Water _____ " and you had to guess the 2nd word. If I could have got my hands on the hundreds of people that phoned up one after the other to say "jug" and "melon" only to be repeatedly told it was wrong, I'd have punched them.

The answers are always really obscure. Three of the top 5 answers for the water one were "Taxi" "Ballet" and "Nymph"

Fucks sake ;)

People understand how this scam works, right?

184021[/snapback]

They have a list of possible answers and keep raking in people's cash until they're down to the last one on the list presumably?

Yes, it's kind of shocking that it's legal. I can't decide whether people who get scammed like this deserve what they get, or should be protected...preferably in a padded cell.

Imagine being a presenter on the show? They must feel dirty, I bet they still look down their noses at whores sucking old, fat man willy, too. Brian Dowling's probably done his fair share of both now tbf.

Dowling - is he the nuffter off Big Brother? Is that what his life consists of these days, presenting on these quiz shows?

I'd say something should be done about these shows tbh - either you're too stupid to realise what they're doing, in which case you need protecting, or you realise what they're doing, but still think you could end up with the right answer. I'd say the latter want shooting rather than protecting though.

Dowling - is he the nuffter off Big Brother?  Is that what his life consists of these days, presenting on these quiz shows?

I'd say something should be done about these shows tbh - either you're too stupid to realise what they're doing, in which case you need protecting, or you realise what they're doing, but still think you could end up with the right answer.  I'd say the latter want shooting rather than protecting though.

184034[/snapback]

I saw him and Narinder off BB in House of Fraser once.

I wouldn't even know who Narinder was!  Your "I don't watch reality TV" mask is slipping. ;)

184044[/snapback]

Well, I've seen some of Love Island - which I admit is utter gash - and I quite like The Contender :blush: I did watch that series of BB. BB2 wasn't it.? Narinder's Mam and Dad have a newsagents at West Moor so she was touted as a lercal Geordie lass in the Chronic all the time.

Dowling - is he the nuffter off Big Brother?  Is that what his life consists of these days, presenting on these quiz shows?

I'd say something should be done about these shows tbh - either you're too stupid to realise what they're doing, in which case you need protecting, or you realise what they're doing, but still think you could end up with the right answer.  I'd say the latter want shooting rather than protecting though.

184034[/snapback]

Seeing as someone always wins, wouldn't the latter lot be just gambling like Lotto players, gobshite? ;)

And unfortunately to outlaw these shows would mean a change in the corporate paradigm which will probably not happen without bloodshed.

184034[/snapback]

Seeing as someone always wins, wouldn't the latter lot be just gambling like Lotto players, gobshite? ;)

And unfortunately to outlaw these shows would mean a change in the corporate paradigm which will probably not happen without bloodshed.

184054[/snapback]

It's very different to buying a lottery ticket. :blush:

All the possible ways it could have been answered as far as I could see were tried, 1 (there was a picture of an alien in background), 2 (Jimmy + Timmy) 3 (number of times "aliens" appeared in the sentence), 4 (number of times "alien" appeared), 27 ( Jimmy + Timmy + 25 other aliens), 177 (Jimmy + Timmy + 150 aliens friends + 25 other aliens), 150 (Jimmy + Timmy + 150 alien friends) etc etc etc.

WHat other combos could there have been?

Oh and in answer to the "what was I doing watching it?" I was flicking through and suddenly there was a nice looking lady on a sofa, so I paused for a second and was ensnared in their web of deceit!