Micheal Owen news

Smooth Operator

We've all heard the stories down the pub or club about my mates uncles gardner knows Shearer's dog walker and they reckon he'll sell such and such or we'll get such and such.

Like most people i treat such stories with the pinch of sodium they deserve, but today i came across a story that i thought deserved a bit more time and could be a bit more reliable than the usual grapevine tit bits that are bandied about.

It basically goes like this, my girlfriend went to London today with work for a meeting, her boss went too but he travelled first class while she had to slum it in standard class (such is life within government circles). After they disembarked at King's Cross they met in the taxi queue rather than risk the tube in present day Battleground London. Her boss then proceeded to inform wor lass that he was sitting adjacent to the Fat Controller aka Freddie Shepherd.

He said he was doing the best he could to listen in on the conversation he was having with his gaggle of cronnies but couldn't get wind of all of what was being discussed. Basically he came away with the following - Big Fat Freddie was bandying Owen's name along with a figure of 13 million. Now whether this meant we could buy him if we paid 13 mill or that Real would accept a bid of 13 mill from any club wishing to purchase him is open to interpretation.

What's more likely is that he was saying that we obviously can't afford to pay 13 mill for Owen cos we just don't have the money available, similar to the whole Rooney scenario where we were used as bait in a much bigger picture all together.

But just thought I'd share this with you, just don't let the fact that my girlfriend said Micheal Shepherd and Freddie Owen make you think it's a complete load of bollocks! :blink:

I Saw Ronadhino in Greggs ;)

14783[/snapback]

Not sure i've heard of Ronadinho but i know of a Ronaldinho who plays for Barca.

Like i said you need a pinch of sodium, or even a punch of it!

My girlfriend has just come in and read your response and is very upset at the distain you are showing it! This whole forum thing is a novelty to her at the minute! :blink:

Your the one calling her a horse ;)

:(

Its the world of the forum, unfortunatley no one beleives anyone, well I dont at the moment.

14791[/snapback]

Watch it sunshine, the horse was obviously Freddie Shepherd's long face!

You must be a cynical bastard or someone's told you some incredible lies recently? :blink:

My girl bets you smell like a horse - a really dirty one that hasn't been washed for weeks too!! Ner ner ner ner ner :(:rolleyes:

Edited by Smooth Operator

Its the world of the forum, unfortunatley no one beleives anyone, well I dont at the moment.

14791[/snapback]

Watch it sunshine, the horse was obviously Freddie Shepherd long face!

You must be a cynical bastard or someone's told you some incredible lies recently? :blink:

14793[/snapback]

Youi heard of Freddy Sheaperd? As for the Horse Comment the :rolleyes: meant I knew who you were aiming it too and I was joking :(

There's two things i don't believe about this story.

Firstly your lass having to travel in the peasant truck while the gaffa rides 1st class. The Gaffa rides first class all right but it's not alone :blink:

Secondly this business about your lass being new to this forum thing. It's common knowledge to every man and his dog that you and your lass have been active swingers for years and are well known throughout them type of forums.

;)

But as it happens all the PL Chairman were meeting in London today for some poncy meeting so the story about Fat Fred being on the train definitely adds up, just hope the rumours are true, and I'm not referring to the one's about your lass :rolleyes:

Edited by Wacky Jnr

the numbers could mean anything unless you know the context, but you have to feel encouraged that they are still trying to get owen in - that would possibly explain why we still haven't moved for anyone else (or in LBM and anelka's cases, not matched the over-inflated prices)

Its a high-risk strategy, I just hope it doesn't backfire and we end up with no-one.

I'm feeling 60% certain that we'll sign an excellent forward (I don't think it'll be anyone we are expecting) before the end of the window, but 40% certain we'll end up with no-one at all!

14791[/snapback]

Watch it sunshine, the horse was obviously Freddie Shepherd long face!

14793[/snapback]

Youi heard of Freddy Sheaperd? As for the Horse Comment the :rolleyes: meant I knew who you were aiming it too and I was joking :stars:

14795[/snapback]

I know mate but at the time she was looking over my shoulder so i had to be seen to be defending her honour! :(