walkinthedog

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's signed !

Oba Completes Toon Transfer!

NEWCASTLE United have confirmed the signing of Obafemi Akinwunmi Martins from Inter Milan for a fee of 15million euros.

The striker has agreed personal terms, completed his medical and signed a five-year contract with the Magpies.

Martins will be at St. James' Park for the UEFA Cup tie against FK Ventspils.

Has it been confirmed what number he is yet ?

184557[/snapback]

184560[/snapback]

or it might be 28! :blink:

On a serious note, the fact that his squad number has not been confirmed makes me wonder if we are indeed in the market for another striker who may well end up with the no. 9 shirt with Martins taking 30?

Has it been confirmed what number he is yet ?

184557[/snapback]

184560[/snapback]

or it might be 28! :blink:

On a serious note, the fact that his squad number has not been confirmed makes me wonder if we are indeed in the market for another striker who may well end up with the no. 9 shirt with Martins taking 30?

184652[/snapback]

I think they confirmed during the match coverage that he will have number9 (after talking to Terry Mac I think).

71709380of0.jpg

184411[/snapback]

That grin is CLASS! :blink:

184422[/snapback]

Just realised what he reminds me of with that grin - Eddie Murphy in Coming To America.

"Yes. Yes. Fuck you, too!"

184654[/snapback]

Look at his hand!

We've fucking signed Desmond Tutu. :lol:

So quicker and shorter than Bellamy-whodathoughtit

184366[/snapback]

The confusion is resolved, he's 21 years old and 28 inches high

184381[/snapback]

martinsok2.jpg

184401[/snapback]

And a few years ago......

ColemanHasselhoff.jpg

:blink:

I think they confirmed during the match coverage that he will have number9 (after talking to Terry Mac I think).

184653[/snapback]

Correct.

Exclusive: I'm Oba The Moon!

By Ian Willis

MAGPIES new boy Obafemi Martins has described his move to Newcastle as "a dream come true".

Martins jetted into Tyneside on Thursday afternoon, and after putting pen to paper at St. James' Park after passing his medical, the Nigerian international gave his first interview to Newcastle World TV.

Martins said: "I am very, very happy to be here.

"It is my dream come true to get the chance to play in the Premiership. I am really happy, and I would like to thank the President for making this possible.

"He wanted me to come to Newcastle, and I am delighted to be playing here.

"This is the first time I have been to the stadium, and I am very impressed. It is beautiful, very impressive."

The first people to hear of Martins' signing were our SMS customers. Click below for text alerts and stay ahead of the game!

Martins - who is likely to make his debut in Sunday's game at Aston Villa - says he is looking forward to playing in front of the fans after hearing all about the passion of the Toon Army.

He went on: "I have heard about the great fans at this club, and I am looking forward to playing for them.

"I will say that they will see a lot from me. Not just goals, but they will see me helping the team as well.

"I know Emre from his time in Milan, and also Celestine Babayaro. I haven't spoken to them recently, but I know they both say great things about this club and I am looking forward to seeing them."

:blink: President Shepherd?

By Ian Willis

MAGPIES new boy Obafemi Martins has described his move to Newcastle as "a dream come true".

Martins jetted into Tyneside on Thursday afternoon, and after putting pen to paper at St. James' Park after passing his medical, the Nigerian international gave his first interview to Newcastle World TV.

"It is my dream come true to get the chance to play in the Premiership. I am really happy, and I would like to thank the President for making this possible.

"This is the first time I have been to the stadium, and I am very impressed. It is beautiful, very impressive."

The first people to hear of Martins' signing were our SMS customers. Click below for text alerts and stay ahead of the game!

Martins - who is likely to make his debut in Sunday's game at Aston Villa - says he is looking forward to playing in front of the fans after hearing all about the passion of the Toon Army.

He went on: "I have heard about the great fans at this club, and I am looking forward to playing for them.

"I will say that they will see a lot from me. Not just goals, but they will see me helping the team as well.

"I know Emre from his time in Milan, and also Celestine Babayaro. I haven't spoken to them recently, but I know they both say great things about this club and I am looking forward to seeing them."

184837[/snapback]

I've just watched the video of the interview on .cock, its fairly safe to say that Martins didn't understand a word of the Geordie interviewer !

He just kept mumbling the standard generic new signing cliche's

at one point the interviewer asks,

"have you spoken with Emre or Baba about newcastle united ?"

Martins reply's "no"

"what do you know about newcastle united?"

"well Emre and Babayaro have told me lots of good things about the club"

:lol:

By Ian Willis

184837[/snapback]

I've just watched the video of the interview on .cock, its fairly safe to say that Martins didn't understand a word of the Geordie interviewer !

He just kept mumbling the standard generic new signing cliche's

at one point the interviewer asks,

"have you spoken with Emre or Baba about newcastle united ?"

Martins reply's "no"

"what do you know about newcastle united?"

"well Emre and Babayaro have told me lots of good things about the club"

:lol:

184848[/snapback]

:blush: