five current facts about you!

Guest Toplass-101

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fingers crossed mate, my mother in law and sis in law both had breast cancer, and have survived, albeit after mastectomies, chemo and radio therapy.

Hope the all clear is given

He's got to go every day for radio therapy for 5 weeks, and has chemo tablets? I've never heard of them, but it means his hair doesn't faal oot. He's got exactly the same thing as Sid Waddell.

Sorry to hear about your family member Stevie. Stay positive mate.
Yeah, sorry to hear that, Stevie. Puts things into perspective, doesn't it?

Cheers lads. Aye totally makes you think about what's important in life, rows with friends and lasses, NUFC, trivial things in life just don't matter and you never imagine it's going to happen to someone you care about. At the same time it's the type of thing when I see him which is nearly all the time since he found out, I just go there in a mindset that it's going to be alright, because I'm sure it's the type of thing where positivity is absolutely vital in overcoming it. If you just accept it then you're fucked. He seems to be positive as well, and its still doing normal things like going to the pub. I've focussed on how happy I've been with my life for the last half year and it's getting better, and tried to rub that off on him. In five weeks time we'll know if the treatments and operation he'll have are successful. They reckon they got it just in time and it's not spread.

Spot on. My mam has had cancer a number of times and this has always been her philosophy, macmillan actually ask her to counsel other cancer patients. No one is saying you sweep it under the carpet, stick your fingers in your ears and get on as normal, but it's not the death sentence that many perceive it to be.

Aye definitely. It's like people who lose their jobs at 65, many of them think they've lost their reason to live and die shortly afterwards, and you find old couples, one goes and the other follows. You have to stay ultra positive especially with cancer. Fucks me off all the money in the world and they can't find a cure ;) it's probably to keep the population down.

Sorry to hear about your family member Stevie. Stay positive mate.
Yeah, sorry to hear that, Stevie. Puts things into perspective, doesn't it?

Cheers lads. Aye totally makes you think about what's important in life, rows with friends and lasses, NUFC, trivial things in life just don't matter and you never imagine it's going to happen to someone you care about. At the same time it's the type of thing when I see him which is nearly all the time since he found out, I just go there in a mindset that it's going to be alright, because I'm sure it's the type of thing where positivity is absolutely vital in overcoming it. If you just accept it then you're fucked. He seems to be positive as well, and its still doing normal things like going to the pub. I've focussed on how happy I've been with my life for the last half year and it's getting better, and tried to rub that off on him. In five weeks time we'll know if the treatments and operation he'll have are successful. They reckon they got it just in time and it's not spread.

Spot on. My mam has had cancer a number of times and this has always been her philosophy, macmillan actually ask her to counsel other cancer patients. No one is saying you sweep it under the carpet, stick your fingers in your ears and get on as normal, but it's not the death sentence that many perceive it to be.

This.

Both my parents had it, my Dad's was operable, he got over it and is leading a life as good as he did before. In fact I'd go so far as to say I've almost forgotten he's even had it. My Mam wasn't so lucky, her's was inoperable and eventually took her.

In both instances though positivity is what got us through on a day to day basis - you have to look at life's good points and the glass has to be half full. And it's important for everyone around him to be equally positive.

Keep believing mate. ;)

Sorry to hear about your mam Craig. :) What age were you? I just don't know how we can send a space ship to jupiter, but can't sort cancer or arthritis oot.

When I was talking to the surgeon who's going to do it, I said basically why don't you just dee the operation now, but they're much more advanced even than ten years ago. He said what we do is we use the treatment to shrink it massively then it's easier to operate and prevent it spreading rather than just diving in like fuckin Freddie Kruger.

Edited by McFaul

Aye definitely. It's like people who lose their jobs at 65, many of them think they've lost their reason to live and die shortly afterwards, and you find old couples, one goes and the other follows. You have to stay ultra positive especially with cancer. Fucks me off all the money in the world and they can't find a cure :) it's probably to keep the population down.

Ive spoken to a few people about this and one bloke said its because of the money it generates ;)

1. I spent all morning with Chubb servicing fire extingushers

2. Booked a return train ticket from Newcastle to Hull on the Monday after the Spurs match

3. Trying to break in a new torture device aka (a bra)

4. Just had a low fat tuna sandwich

5. Currenrtly writing 3 different Safeguarding Policies

1. Little boy is teething so had about 3 hours sleep last night.

2. Hacking cough is annoying the crap out of me (but it's getting better)

3. Getting annoyed by arsehole jobsworths at work.

4. Getting a professional photoshoot of family done at weekend.

5. Waiting for Neil Lennon and Steve Bruce to be sacked.

2. Booked a return train ticket from Newcastle to Hull on the Monday after the Spurs match

:lol:

kinky beeatch

;)

kinky beeatch

I try :lol:

:lol:

kinky beeatch

I try c ;) ck:

No likey

:blush:

1. I've just had a cup of fresh coffee

2. I am looking forward to the weekend

3. I have been scouring Tynemouth sunday market a few times lately and have bought about 20 books to read.

4. My mate is going into hospital tomorrow for an operation too, like Stevie's

5. I have discovered I like Liebfraumilch white wine and drink it at the same rate as beer - almost

1. I've just had a cup of fresh coffee

2. I am looking forward to the weekend

3. I have been scouring Tynemouth sunday market a few times lately and have bought about 20 books to read.

4. My mate is going into hospital tomorrow for an operation too, like Stevie's

5. I have discovered I like Liebfraumilch white wine and drink it at the same rate as beer - almost

childrens-bookcase-books.jpg

Bugger, I was after them

1. im the son of a darts player who is 5th in the world. (womens darts)

2. i was putting out fires in the army when they all went on strike.

3. i once crashed a lorry off a small drop a tree stopped me from rolling and killing myself.

4. i went to watch LLanelli scarlets vs treviso which was on tv and managed to get the wrong seat and was sitting on treviso sub bench :lol:

5. i was so pissed friday i fell into brambles couldnt get out and thought i would get out quicker if i took my trainers off wronngg idea!! oh the pain.

Edited by Welsh Magpie

1. Chuckling how many people dont get the five CURRENT facts about you thread

2. Sat watching the news

3. Writing a list of stuff to buy

4. Thinking about getting up to iron my shirt for tomorrows funeral

5. wondering should I sneak a game of FM

1. im the son of a darts player who is 4th in the world. (womens darts)

3. i once crashed a lorry off a small drop a tree stopped me from rolling and killing myself.

4. i went to watch LLanelli scarlets vs treviso which was on tv and managed to get the wrong seat and was sitting on treviso sub bench ;)

5. i was so pissed friday i fell into brambles couldnt get out and thought i would get out quicker if i took my trainers off wronngg idea!! oh the pain.

I sooo want you to be the son of #7 :lol:

Women's Darts Rankings

And be called Iam.

Edited by Monkeys Fist

2. Sat watching the news

yeah i totally forgot if it was current :/

1. i dont work a friday it's overtime

2. im going to have a bath but need a shit at the same time what do i do first

3. i got the fifa 12 demo as i cant afford the whole game yet

4. i smell of firbreglass resin

5. i had a wank about an hour ago.

hope your happy now :lol:

2. Sat watching the news

yeah i totally forgot if it was current :/

1. i dont work a friday it's overtime

2. im going to have a bath but need a shit at the same time what do i do first

3. i got the fifa 12 demo as i cant afford the whole game yet

4. i smell of firbreglass resin

5. i had a wank about an hour ago.

hope your happy now :lol:

Should've combined 5 with second part of 2, then the first part.

Clean abseil.

1. Knackered from a crap Etihad flight from Amman to Abu Dhabi.

2. Drinking Amstel and reading Toontastic.

3. Got Coronation Street on the telly :lol:

4. Mrs Blitz fast asleep on the couch with bun in the oven, bless

5. About to go for a sneaky fag on the balcony. She's nagging for me to go on the Champix. ;)

1. im the son of a darts player who is 5th in the world. (womens darts)

4. i went to watch LLanelli scarlets vs treviso which was on tv and managed to get the wrong seat and was sitting on treviso sub bench ;)

Titus at it again. He just can't keep it in his pants and stop dealing out the pain..... :lol:

1. Having bathed the chimplets, Mrs. Fist is putting them to bed.

2. Having filthy thoughts about Welsh bird on One show.

3. Need to load up the Fistmobile for graft tomorrow, but can't be arsed now.

4. Roasting a pork fillet in Teriyaki and Soy for dinner.

5. See 2.

1. Playing Fifa 12 Live Season (Just beat the Mackems 3-1... Ryan Taylors form goes up loads but his free kicks isnt a stat that went up :S)

2. Got an 18" pizza on the way for £6.99

3. Just read a book about the Fall of Constantinople (Why did Constantinople get the works? That's nobodies business but the Turks)

4. My phone is utter shite and won't charge

5. I've ran out of clean pairs of socks

1. Having bathed the chimplets, Mrs. Fist is putting them to bed.

2. Having filthy thoughts about Welsh bird on One show.

3. Need to load up the Fistmobile for graft tomorrow, but can't be arsed now.

4. Roasting a pork fillet in Teriyaki and Soy for dinner.

5. See 2.

Oooh like the sound of 4.