PATHETIC

Noelie

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very disapointing not to have scored, but in my opinion there were some MASSIVE positives to take from tonights match.

Duff, Milner, Parker and N'Zogbia were all superb tonight, the only Newcastle player that should hang his head in shame is Luque, a very very poor performance.

Very disapointing not to have scored, but in my opinion there were some MASSIVE positives to take from tonights match.

Duff, Milner, Parker and N'Zogbia were all superb tonight, the only Newcastle player that should hang his head in shame is Luque, a very very poor performance.

184602[/snapback]

Agreed. The longer the game went on, the more Luque's head dropped. Probably would have been better for all concerned not to have played him (and cup tied him) in hindsight.

Pathetic

That's my opinion and I saw the game.

184597[/snapback]

Old enough to know better tbh. :blink:

We looked like we were missing a quality striker, he was sitting in the stands.

I'm very postive about our team at the moment...granted this was a weak team but Roeder has brought back a good atmosphere and healthy competition for places.

It's also nice to hear the players saying what a great club it is :blink: Roeder is a class act IMO. :lol:

*wipes misty eye* :blush::blush::razz::nufc::nufc:

When you have talented players performing well, when your midfield is dictating the script, when you are totally dominating the game from start to finish, when all things are going your way, when the opponents have no answer to your superior playmaking, then I think it's PATHETIC if we can't win. :blink:

It was 0-0 but i came away from it happier with the football we played than in virtually any game (including wins) we played lasts eason.

Granted the opposition were poor, but some of the passing football, the runs, flicks and 1 touch passing were excellent. Duff was absolutely outstanding and was going past players for fun and Zog was class throughout.

On another day we'd have had a hatful as we hit the woodwork, missed easy chances and were inches away from connecting with passes and crosses on numerous occasions. Also the keeper made saves and the defenders made blocks.

So as long as get a striker into the lineup and preferably 2 when fit and available there will be plenty of chance for them.

Pathetic

184597[/snapback]

Bollocks

That's my opinion and I was AT the game.

:blink::lol::blush:

184636[/snapback]

I'm witcha, bro.

How many times have we witnessed NUFC struggle against opposition like this lot? We completely dominated and played some good stuff. They were so much under the cosh that they had to make camp in and around their box, making it much more difficult for us to score.

A quality center forward would probably had a good effect for us, but I went home quite happy really. The second half really had the crowd around where I was on the edge of their seats and I have a sore throat from singinging so much :blush:

But, it's all a matter of opinion :razz:

Pathetic

184597[/snapback]

Totally disagree. We played some smashing football tonight. Thought the whole team bar Luque and Harper (he ahd nothing to do) were superb, in particular the midfield. Only reason we didn't score is because we had no out and out striker on the pitch.

Noelie are you in the early stages of dementia?  That's the most positive a midweek European game as I've seen in ages.

184664[/snapback]

You could tell that even with it ending at 0-0 everyone came out of the match happy and talking about individual players performances and the football the team had played.

Obviously its harder against the better teams, but the way the likes of Duff and Zog were beating men was a joy to watch.

£5.5m for Duff is looking like being outrageously good business.

Edited by Papa Lazaru

Noelie are you in the early stages of dementia?  That's the most positive a midweek European game as I've seen in ages.

184664[/snapback]

You could tell that even with it ending at 0-0 everyone came out of the match happy and talking about individual players performances and the football the team had played.

Obviously its harder against the better teams, but the way the likes of Duff and Zog were beating men was a joy to watch.

£5.5m for Duff is looking like being outrageously good business.

184668[/snapback]

Agreed. Duff was brilliant tonight and Charlie is a proper little ray of sunshine in the team.

Duff eyes European run

Damien Duff has set his sights on a successful European campaign following Newcastle's qualification for the first round of the Uefa Cup.

The Magpies dominated the second leg of their match against Latvian side Ventspils but a lack of firepower meant the game finished goalless.

They still advanced 1-0 on aggregate thanks to Titus Bramble's towering header in the first leg, and Duff is now looking forward to the next challenge.

"The most important thing is we're through," Duff said on Five.

"It's where you want to be. Hopefully this year will be a long run in the Uefa Cup."

Newcastle missed a host of chances to finish off Ventspils and Duff, who sparkled on the right wing, admits it was a frustrating night in front of goal.

"It was pretty laughable by the end but we are happy with that and we are through to the next round," he smiled.

New signing Obafemi Martins was at St James' Park to take in the game, and Duff is delighted to see Newcastle capture the Nigerian from Internazionale.

"It's brilliant," he enthused. "Obviously I know him from watching him over the last few years in the Champions League.

"He's got electric pace and can finish as well so he can be a legend up here."

Duff is winning the Toon fans over quickly himself, and added: "I'm loving every minute. I've been here three or four weeks and I'm happy as Larry".

:lol::blink:

Duff eyes European run

Damien Duff has set his sights on a successful European campaign following Newcastle's qualification for the first round of the Uefa Cup.

The Magpies dominated the second leg of their match against Latvian side Ventspils but a lack of firepower meant the game finished goalless.

They still advanced 1-0 on aggregate thanks to Titus Bramble's towering header in the first leg, and Duff is now looking forward to the next challenge.

"The most important thing is we're through," Duff said on Five.

"It's where you want to be. Hopefully this year will be a long run in the Uefa Cup."

Newcastle missed a host of chances to finish off Ventspils and Duff, who sparkled on the right wing, admits it was a frustrating night in front of goal.

"It was pretty laughable by the end but we are happy with that and we are through to the next round," he smiled.

New signing Obafemi Martins was at St James' Park to take in the game, and Duff is delighted to see Newcastle capture the Nigerian from Internazionale.

"It's brilliant," he enthused. "Obviously I know him from watching him over the last few years in the Champions League.

"He's got electric pace and can finish as well so he can be a legend up here."

Duff is winning the Toon fans over quickly himself, and added: "I'm loving every minute. I've been here three or four weeks and I'm happy as Larry".

:lol::blink:

184676[/snapback]

As long as it isn't Larry David He's happy as!!!

But the bloke is class and i think he's going to love it up here and the fans will love watching him play here.

Noelie are you in the early stages of dementia?

184664[/snapback]

If you mean am I demented cos nee bugger could score a goal then YES, but I think I'm in the later stages of dementia cos I expect some sod to put one away when it's aal gannin wor way :blink: