PATHETIC

Noelie

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny enough, I think Luque looks like he gives a shit now, looks a bit more physical, but is lacking in confidence and is playing totally out of position.

Isn't the problem with Luque the same as with Tomasson?....ie he's playing in a postition where he's not comfortable :blink:

I don't think it's right to get on his back for not being a Shearer/Ferdinand when he wasn't before.

Isn't the problem with Luque the same as with Tomasson?....ie he's playing in a postition where he's not comfortable  :blink:

I don't think it's right to get on his back for not being a Shearer/Ferdinand when he wasn't before.

184793[/snapback]

Young lad given too much responsibility when Shearer got injured, difference being he'd showed plenty of class in a Newcastle shirt pre-season and was obviously working hard regardless.

Edited by ObaGol

Isn't the problem with Luque the same as with Tomasson?....ie he's playing in a postition where he's not comfortable  :blink:

184793[/snapback]

The problem is that he's not trying. I'm not a professional footballer but if you put me on the pitch up front last night, I know enough to know that I have to move and create space for myself in order for my team mates to be able to pass to me. Either come short and pick the ball up, or look to get to the front post for crosses. It's just elementary stuff that even a centre half would know if you put him up front - I'm not saying he could execute it, but he could try. Luque didn't even look to try.

He tracked with his marker when we had the ball, and he positioned himself between the centre halfs when we had it in wide positions, making it all but impossible for anyone to cross to him. I've just had enough of him. I'd take £3m off some Spanish team for him.

Different excuse everytime Luque plays tbh. Still shit regardless. I hope he proves me wrong as we could really do with another top striker. I appreciate he is being played out of position though.

Total crap! It doesn't matter where you play as long as you give it your best shot! He never gave any fucking effort what so ever, FACT! He never linked up with the midfield, made any movement in the box when you saw world class crosses being put in from Duff who was also playing out of position on the right wing. Roader has given him all the confidence in the world with the number 7 shirt and a few starts where as before he was on his way. What has he done in return? FUCK ALL!! He's shown no heart or determination. He's a selfish greedy flop who can fuck off asp as far as I'm concerned.

I was at the game last night and when he did make one bit of effort while challenging for the ball near the end he was sarcastically cheered and then told off moments later by Roader for not making enough movement in which he didn't do anything but moan.

Edited by Geordie Boyo

On a different note after watching the game I thought that we could definitely do with Gravesen playing alongside Parker. That's not to say I could fault Emre who I thought had a good game. I just think we need that extra bite to fill that gap with Gravesen getting stuck in. It's also clear we could do with a player like Nugent too as where will we be if Shola or Martins gets injured? Ideally we need better back-up than that big flop...!

The problem is that he's not trying.  I'm not a professional footballer but if you put me on the pitch up front last night, I know enough to know that I have to move and create space for myself in order for my team mates to be able to pass to me.  Either come short and pick the ball up, or look to get to the front post for crosses.  It's just elementary stuff that even a centre half would know if you put him up front - I'm not saying he could execute it, but he could try.  Luque didn't even look to try.

He tracked with his marker when we had the ball, and he positioned himself between the centre halfs when we had it in wide positions, making it all but impossible for anyone to cross to him.  I've just had enough of him.  I'd take £3m off some Spanish team for him.

184804[/snapback]

On the first point, he did do that last night, plenty. On the second point, he went the wrong post a few times, but he's not a player who can attack crosses, and neither is Shola btw.

I'mnot his biggest fan, but I think we need to respect that he is trying to play a game that is completely alien to him and I feel he's slowly adapting. I saw effort last night.

The problem is that he's not trying.  I'm not a professional footballer but if you put me on the pitch up front last night, I know enough to know that I have to move and create space for myself in order for my team mates to be able to pass to me.  Either come short and pick the ball up, or look to get to the front post for crosses.  It's just elementary stuff that even a centre half would know if you put him up front - I'm not saying he could execute it, but he could try.  Luque didn't even look to try.

He tracked with his marker when we had the ball, and he positioned himself between the centre halfs when we had it in wide positions, making it all but impossible for anyone to cross to him.  I've just had enough of him.  I'd take £3m off some Spanish team for him.

184804[/snapback]

On the first point, he did do that last night, plenty. On the second point, he went the wrong post a few times, but he's not a player who can attack crosses, and neither is Shola btw.

I'mnot his biggest fan, but I think we need to respect that he is trying to play a game that is completely alien to him and I feel he's slowly adapting. I saw effort last night.

184818[/snapback]

I honestly don't know what game you were watching. He sauntered about the pitch, he rarely showed for a pass, and he looked half the player Shola does in and around the box - Shola's movement and anticipation for crosses isn't great but it pisses all over Luque's. As for him coming short to pick the ball up, on the few occasions that he did, he did so with so little pace that his marker was on him the second he took possession of the ball - he made it a bad option for his teammates to pass to him.

I'm surprised you thought that what you saw last night was in anyway encouraging, I thought it was the final nail in his coffin.

Nicky Butt would have been handy, but I just think the strength and composer Gravesen has to offer would contribute more, IMO. It would be great to have those options though if we did sign Gravesen to see what’s more effective.

There's no future for here for Luque now to be honest. He looks dreadful as a centre forward which is because he supposedly likes playing out wide on the left, where both the Zog and Duff are a country mile ahead of him. No point in keeping him, cash in before the loss becomes too great and try to get someone in on loan at least.

I honestly don't know what game you were watching.  He sauntered about the pitch, he rarely showed for a pass, and he looked half the player Shola does in and around the box - Shola's movement and anticipation for crosses isn't great but it pisses all over Luque's.  As for him coming short to pick the ball up, on the few occasions that he did, he did so with so little pace that his marker was on him the second he took possession of the ball - he made it a bad option for his teammates to pass to him.

I'm surprised you thought that what you saw last night was in anyway encouraging, I thought it was the final nail in his coffin.

184825[/snapback]

Keeping in mind I can't see much of his off the ball work from my armchair perch, I watched him try to take up decent positions when the ball came forward. He also put in a couple of tackles and again tried to win headers. He had a shocking game, but he's trying to work within the confines of a game he can't play. There were many times he made a run that he didn't get the pass.

I want to see him alongside Oba. Luque can never play as a traditional English center forward but I still think he might do all right supporting someone like him. Shola is our only other option, and the bloke's got as little chance of making it as Luque, in spite of his best efforts.

Edited by ObaGol

I honestly don't know what game you were watching.  He sauntered about the pitch, he rarely showed for a pass, and he looked half the player Shola does in and around the box - Shola's movement and anticipation for crosses isn't great but it pisses all over Luque's.  As for him coming short to pick the ball up, on the few occasions that he did, he did so with so little pace that his marker was on him the second he took possession of the ball - he made it a bad option for his teammates to pass to him.

184825[/snapback]

Keeping in mind I can't see much of his off the ball work from my armchair perch, I watched him try to take up decent positions when the ball came forward. He also put in a couple of tackles and again tried to win headers. He had a shocking game, but he's trying to work within the confines of a game he can't play. There were many times he made a run that he didn't get the pass.

I want to see him alongside Oba. Luque can never play as a traditional English center forward but I still think he might do all right supporting someone like him. Shola is our only other option, and the bloke's got as little chance of making it as Luque, in spite of his best efforts.

184869[/snapback]

You serious? :blink:

BumDot, Shola looks twice the player Luque is. If it wasn't for injuries I'd be happy enough going into the rest of the season with an Oba-Shola front pairing. We need another striker in, but I wouldn't be too disappointed with those two up front.

BumDot, Shola looks twice the player Luque is.  If it wasn't for injuries I'd be happy enough going into the rest of the season with an Oba-Shola front pairing.  We need another striker in, but I wouldn't be too disappointed with those two up front.

184880[/snapback]

:blink: I know I shouldn't :lol:

Shola's still putting the ball 10 yards ahead of him with his first touch on a regular basis. We're in a desperate position for strikers, Luque has maybe a 20% chance of success, might be a bit harsh on Shola, but his chances are not much better.

I'm interested to know how much better people are rating his chances?

Shola's still putting the ball 10 yards ahead of him with his first touch on a regular basis.  We're in a desperate position for strikers, Luque has maybe a 20% chance of success, might be a bit harsh on Shola, but his chances are not much better.

184888[/snapback]

Under Roeder, 1 goal every 2 games. That'll do me tbh.

Shola's still putting the ball 10 yards ahead of him with his first touch on a regular basis.  We're in a desperate position for strikers, Luque has maybe a 20% chance of success, might be a bit harsh on Shola, but his chances are not much better.

184888[/snapback]

Luque's touch is mostly shite tbh. Of late at least. And although Shola has done well of late, I don't see him as the answer in terms of our staring XI so comparing him favourably to Shola doesn't really cut the mustard for me. Although I wouldn't compare him favourably to Shola, who looks a much better bet at present.

184888[/snapback]

If he maintains current form, he's all but made it already - there are definitely better players out there, and I'd love to have them here, but I'm no longer going into matches thinking "Shit, Shola's up front". Shola offers something to the team nowadays. He's finally worked out that he's a big lad and can boss defenders and his touch is improving, as is his finishing. His confidence is sky high as well which is helping.

Not sure how you can compare Shola and Luque and say they have a similar chance of success tbh. I'd put Luque's at around 5%. Shola already is a marginal success. Luque is an unmitigated failure.

184888[/snapback]

If he maintains current form, he's all but made it already - there are definitely better players out there, and I'd love to have them here, but I'm no longer going into matches thinking "Shit, Shola's up front". Shola offers something to the team nowadays. He's finally worked out that he's a big lad and can boss defenders and his touch is improving, as is his finishing. His confidence is sky high as well which is helping.

Not sure how you can compare Shola and Luque and say they have a similar chance of success tbh. I'd put Luque's at around 5%. Shola already is a marginal success. Luque is an unmitigated failure.

184906[/snapback]

Check my avatar tbh :blink:

184888[/snapback]

184906[/snapback]

Check my avatar tbh :lol:

184911[/snapback]

:blink:

Do you reckon or is it tongue in cheek. If he maintains this form I can see him maybe getting a call-up to the squad for a friendly. I'm not for a minute suggesting he's international class, but if Andy Johnson and the like can get call-ups........