John Barnes

Chaser

Can i just say hes much better as an analyst/reporter than a frontman. Without the script hes far improved

184612[/snapback]

Hes not that great a reporter tbh, before the match kicked off he didn't even know that Martins had actually signed.

Hes not that great a reporter tbh, before the match kicked off he didn't even know that Martins had actually signed.

184613[/snapback]

He was commentating recently for one of our matches, and he said a couple of things that I thought were really insightful. Rare enough.

I thought Barnes was alright, the one I can't abide is that John Helm, senile old kernt, I cringe every time he insists on calling Emre by his full name.....

I remember listening to one his commentaries one night it was so woeful it nearly sent me to sleep.

I also remember the match against Marseille he had such a hardon for drogba that night I don’t even think he praised or said a good word about us.

But now that he's down on the touchline and he pipes in with his 2 minute speech i'm cool with that, to be fair it’s not as bad as Ally McCoist's blue table sitting on the pitch in the Champions League

I think he's utter crap at both roles

Get rid. Get rid of Pat Nevin. Why is channel 5 full of shit commentators ? Nevin is in because he's a jock, Barnes because he's black, and the other guy last night because he's Irish ?

All selected on merit, of course.

Get rid. Get rid of Pat Nevin. Why is channel 5 full of shit commentators ? Nevin is in because he's a jock, Barnes because he's black, and the other guy last night because he's Irish ?

185255[/snapback]

I think the first two are on because they are ex-footballers. At a guess like.

185255[/snapback]

185257[/snapback]

There are plenty of ex footballers around.

They both talk shite, and sound like they talk shite, neither speaks clearly, Nevin is marginally clearer than Kenny Dalglish and Walter Smith.

The Liverpool connection is Barnes, forget the Chelsea because although Nevin was a decent player Chelsea were shite when he played, like us in fact, run by dickheads, incompetent, no hoper idiots. Ken Bates did score because at least he acted big sometimes, but still couldn't help being a prat. Add Ian Wright, Jamie Redknapp to the crap list, and put Lee Dixon and Alan Shearer as being marginal improvements.

Gary Lineker, Andy Gray, Alan Hansen, and Richard Keys beat this shower hands down.

185255[/snapback]

185257[/snapback]

There are plenty of ex footballers around.

They both talk shite, and sound like they talk shite, neither speaks clearly, Nevin is marginally clearer than Kenny Dalglish and Walter Smith.

The Liverpool connection is Barnes, forget the Chelsea because although Nevin was a decent player Chelsea were shite when he played, like us in fact, run by dickheads, incompetent, no hoper idiots. Ken Bates did score because at least he acted big sometimes, but still couldn't help being a prat. Add Ian Wright, Jamie Redknapp to the crap list, and put Lee Dixon and Alan Shearer as being marginal improvements.

Gary Lineker, Andy Gray, Alan Hansen, and Richard Keys beat this shower hands down.

185271[/snapback]

And that proves your original point how exactly? Or are you just doing your usual trick of completely changing the point you seemed to be making to start with?

I think Colin Murray does a decent job on 5 with the presenting. He's genuinely enthusiastic, amusing enough and just about knows what he's talking about without trying to take the piss and sound like he's an expert.

Mark Lawrenson is only on BBC because he's so camp. FACT!

185265[/snapback]

have you tried it on with him ?

185273[/snapback]

Put your cock away and answer my question.

I think Colin Murray does a decent job on 5 with the presenting.  He's genuinely enthusiastic, amusing enough and just about knows what he's talking about without trying to take the piss and sound like he's an expert.

185278[/snapback]

not a bad gig is it? presenting shows on music and football. how the fuck did he wrangle that one?

digger barnes must be screwing that he's been relegated to touchline reporter.

185265[/snapback]

185273[/snapback]

185279[/snapback]

<_<

you ARE camp

Anyway, I did. My original opinion that they are all crap stands, I don't see where I tried to change anything ?

IE...they are selected to appease the PC crowd and that is all

Edited by LeazesMag

I think Colin Murray does a decent job on 5 with the presenting.  He's genuinely enthusiastic, amusing enough and just about knows what he's talking about without trying to take the piss and sound like he's an expert.

185278[/snapback]

not a bad gig is it? presenting shows on music and football. how the fuck did he wrangle that one?

digger barnes must be screwing that he's been relegated to touchline reporter.

185281[/snapback]

He does the poker as well on one of the dodgy Sky channels, and the american football too I think. Bet he's picking up a canny wage for it all as well, the twat!

185265[/snapback]

185273[/snapback]

185279[/snapback]

<_<

you ARE camp

Anyway, I did. My original opinion that they are all crap stands, I don't see where I tried to change anything ?

185283[/snapback]

They're often crap. Nowt to do with where they're from / the colour of their skin which was the point you were originally making.

Leazes Mag = Alf Garnett.  I can just see him sat at home turning to the wife going "Look at THAT!  They even let the buggers on telly these days!?"

185293[/snapback]

<_< I'm my day....

185265[/snapback]

185273[/snapback]

185279[/snapback]

<_<

you ARE camp

185283[/snapback]

They're often crap. Nowt to do with where they're from / the colour of their skin which was the point you were originally making.

185290[/snapback]

not at all, and only someone overly pc correct when there is no need to be, would even think it

I can just about get awaY with barnes as long as its in small doses and he doesnt jizz on his plasma screen too much.

Beresford is TYNETEESTASTIC though.

NOT!

Edited by Lazarus