2 more players coming in?

Chaser

Glenn announced that theyre working on 2 more players.

Assuming Gravesen is 1, then who do you reckon - Huth or Bridge?

184616[/snapback]

He said 2/3 after the match on 5.

I seriously hope we give Gravesen a miss, I can't see where he'd get a game.

I'd rather see another striker or defender come in instead.

184624[/snapback]

I'd rather see Bridge, another striker and another defender in before Gravesen, not a lot of quality in reserve, though, if Emre or Parker is dropped.

we should be looking at a striker with a bit of presence in the box to play alongside martins instead of wasting more money on midfielders. bridge would be a good buy but i'm not convinced that huth is worth £5m

I always liked Gravesen and think we should have signed him about five years ago, but we don't need him know as there are more important positions that desperately need strengthening.

Having said this I am not too sure if Huth is the right player for Newcastle right now (and I really do rate Huth). Neither do I think that Newcastle are the right club for Huth at this stage of his career.

I always liked Gravesen and think we should have signed him about five years ago, but we don't need him know as there are more important positions that desperately need strengthening.

Having said this I am not too sure if Huth is the right player for Newcastle right now (and I really do rate Huth). Neither do I think that Newcastle are the right club for Huth at this stage of his career.

184633[/snapback]

What do you think of Kuffour?

184624[/snapback]

Agreed, even though Gravesen is a good player. I guess Scotty-Gravesen would be a scare for any opponent.

184633[/snapback]

184634[/snapback]

The same I said when we were linked to him about 18 months ago. I really love the bloke Kuffour as he is a phenomenal guy, but I don't think he will be suited to the Premierleage. He had a habit of making Bramblesque errors when rushed into quick decisions. Most famously knocking out Kahn once...

184633[/snapback]

184634[/snapback]

The same I said when we were linked to him about 18 months ago. I really love the bloke Kuffour as he is a phenomenal guy, but I don't think he will be suited to the Premierleage. He had a habit of making Bramblesque errors when rushed into quick decisions. Most famously knocking out Kahn once...

184640[/snapback]

Fulfilling many an Englishman's dreams tbh.

Glenn Expects More Signings

By Paul Tully

NEWCASTLE boss Glenn Roeder, having wrapped up the signing of Inter Milan striker Obafemi Martins, is setting his sights on bringing in at least two more players before next Thursday's transfer deadline.

Roeder said after the goalless draw against Ventspils that clinched a UEFA Cup place: "Hopefully we can add another couple of players before Thursday and then I will have a squad to attack the first half of the season."

Roeder added: "Until we get them through the door and the ink is dying on the contract, you can never be certain.

"But there is an expectation, even if it goes to the last day, that we can get another couple of signings in - and these are people we have been working on for weeks.

"We haven't suddenly decided we want them in the club - we've been working on them for weeks and we just need one or two things to happen to make it roll.

Of Martins, Roeder said: "He has always been my Number One target but I didn't say that because it alerts other clubs.

"We have had to be very patient and had to keep chipping away at Inter Milan to buy their player."

That's Bridge...

Bridge would be good. I also think we still need the CB who can command the line that we've always cried out for. A RB wouldnt go amis as would another forward. While Gravesen is a canny player, Id rather see any of those other positions filled first.

Bridge would be good.  I also think we still need the CB who can command the line that we've always cried out for.  A RB wouldnt go amis as would another forward.  While Gravesen is a canny player, Id rather see any of those other positions filled first.

184731[/snapback]

I like Taylor there, think it's his best position at the moment. I haven't been a fan of Carr in recent years, but he's done pretty well so far this season.

I like Gravesen but I don't want him here if it pushes N'Zogbia further down the pecking order. The lad is class and should be starting most games imo.

I like Gravesen but I don't want him here if it pushes N'Zogbia further down the pecking order. The lad is class and should be starting most games imo.

184792[/snapback]

We should be playing 4-4-2 with Zog and Duff on the wings from now on. FACT! Gravesen should be a last day of the window finishing touch IF we've sorted out everyone else we wanted.

Hopefully Bridge but on last nights performance im not too sure. Quite how Huth can fail a medical and still get us willing to spend £5mil on him is beyond me!

184621[/snapback]

He's had an operation to fix the problem since then though.