• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

luque update

luque latest............

15051[/snapback]

"The chairman is working all day, every day on the telephone trying to make things happen."

Mental image of Shepherd with a big tray of chocolate eclairs in front of him and fresh cream all round his gob picking up the phone every time Souness turns up going "Yep..*munch*...we definitely want him....*gobble*....aye, that's our final offer.......*chomp.......*puts phone down*......*barrrrrrrrp*.....Nee luck yet Graeme son, but I'm trying me best......*slug-like creamy grin*".

Not really looking like it's going to go through. Anyone see Souness on SSN? He sounded very pessimistic about the whole thing. He said he won't settle for 3rd or 4th choice players though and that Luque is the type of quality he is after.

15047[/snapback]

Oh shit, we need at least 2/3 players to compete this season. Him and Anelka would be enough.

Anyone know why they're willing to let Luque go?

Not really looking like it's going to go through. Anyone see Souness on SSN? He sounded very pessimistic about the whole thing. He said he won't settle for 3rd or 4th choice players though and that Luque is the type of quality he is after.

15047[/snapback]

Oh shit, we need at least 2/3 players to compete this season. Him and Anelka would be enough.

Anyone know why they're willing to let Luque go?

15071[/snapback]

Trying to raise cash to sign Marc Viduka :blink:

heres that story in english!

The Newcastle negotiates the acquisition of Luque

The future of the forward one can be far from Riazor, that does not do a lot already was in the orbit of the Athletic one

The Newcastle is strongly interested in being done with the services of Albert Luque. In the afternoon of yesterday, an executive of the English club maintained a meeting with the president of the Sports, August one Caesar Lendoiro, and with one of the representatives of the footballer. Luque landed in the Spanish assembly in the season 2002-03, originating in the Majorca, and the Depor credited thirteen million euro by the transfer. Now, Lendoiro is for the work to negotiate with the Newcastle, but provided that the quantity that offer the English equalize or surpass the thirteen ‘kilograms'. Luque has contract with the Depor to June of the 2010 and its cancellation clause elevates to 73 million euro. Obviously, a symbolic figure. The certain thing is that the club deportivista crosses a somewhat delicate economic situation and Lendoiro would not see with bad eyes the transfer of the international player.

Newcastle and Depor the faces in the semifinals of the Cup were seen Intertoto. In those dates the first contacts among both were produced clubs by Luque, a player that does some months he was in the orbit of the Athletic one of Madrid. Finally, the negotiations did not bear fruit and, now, he is very possible that the history be well different.

That yes, the Depor will seek, as is logical, to remove the maximum one provecho in the event that the transfer be closed of Luque al joint English. Al player I excite him the idea to test fortune in the Premier League and wait that all be resolved in the next hours.

Somehow I get the feeling that Souness is gnashing his teeth now about the lack of movement and FFS is patting him on his back, giving him an indulgent leer and saying - "Don't worry boyo, this is all part of negotiation, eh? They'll bring their price down, you'll see."

It reminds me of that episode of Seinfeld when George rejects the NBC deal out of hand and when Jerry acts up, George was going "Ooh, I'm shaking... I'm shaking...".

We'll probably end up with no-one, leaving a trail of half-signed-could've-beens as a mark of our ambition while we battle relegation.

Outstanding.

heres that story in english!

The Newcastle negotiates the acquisition of Luque

The future of the forward one can be far from Riazor, that does not do a lot already was in the orbit of the Athletic one

The Newcastle is strongly interested in being done with the services of Albert Luque.  In the afternoon of yesterday, an executive of the English club maintained a meeting with the president of the Sports, August one Caesar Lendoiro, and with one of the representatives of the footballer.  Luque landed in the Spanish assembly in the season 2002-03, originating in the Majorca, and the Depor credited thirteen million euro by the transfer.  Now, Lendoiro is for the work to negotiate with the Newcastle, but provided that the quantity that offer the English equalize or surpass the thirteen ‘kilograms'.  Luque has contract with the Depor to June of the 2010 and its cancellation clause elevates to 73 million euro.  Obviously, a symbolic figure.  The certain thing is that the club deportivista crosses a somewhat delicate economic situation and Lendoiro would not see with bad eyes the transfer of the international player. 

Newcastle and Depor the faces in the semifinals of the Cup were seen Intertoto.  In those dates the first contacts among both were produced clubs by Luque, a player that does some months he was in the orbit of the Athletic one of Madrid.  Finally, the negotiations did not bear fruit and, now, he is very possible that the history be well different. 

That yes, the Depor will seek, as is logical, to remove the maximum one provecho in the event that the transfer be closed of Luque al joint English.  Al player I excite him the idea to test fortune in the Premier League and wait that all be resolved in the next hours.

15087[/snapback]

You'd think they'd hire journalists that could write a fucking sentence properly.

this is there story from about 10am this morning....

First | Sports THE NEWCASTLE NEGOTIATED WITH THE DEPOR AND ITS OFFERING ROSE

Already it gives 14 million by Luque and meditates to include a ram

NEAR THE GOOD-BYE. Albert Luque would be able to stop being in brief player of the Sports one and to be gone al Newcastle. (JESUS SANCHO)

19.08.2005 ¿INTERESTS YOU? CARLOS MIRANDA

The Newcastle goes very in serious to by Albert Luque and showed it yesterday in the negotiations that maintained with the Sports one by the Catalonian forward-extreme. The 'magpies' they presented a first proposal to Lendoiro, that was around the ten million euro, but the leader of Corcubión rejected it. That yes, he was shown open to listen an upper offering for one of the footballers with more character of the Sports one.

The English leaders took him the word and intensified yesterday the contacts among clubs. In fact, displaced yesterday until TO Coruña a delegation of emissaries of the north club of England to negotiate face to face with August Caesar Lendoiro. The son of Freddy Shepherd, president of the Newcastle, was the responsible for heading that delegation, that wants to be carried to Luque as soon as possible to England. The Newcastle already offers a figure that patrols the 14 million euro to the company coruñesa by the rights from the federation of the Catalonian. It is quantity already itself about enough to what paid in its day the Sports one by the former one of the Majorca and, above all, is a figure that already begins to convince to Lendoiro.

The negotiations are in full height and do not it is expected that they dilate a lot in the time, because the start of the League is very nearby and the Premier League already carries several weeks of competition. It thought that the fact that Luque already had played European competitions reduced him options of to be transferred, but al to eliminate the own one Depor al Newcastle the company albinegra does not have objection in doing an effort for that reason.

Ameobi. The contacts among both clubs continued last night and the final solution to this negotiation was able (of early morning) or can be an increment of the offering of the English and the inclusion of a player that could be the forward one that carried time asking Caparrós. In this sense, the name that charges force is that of Shola Ameobi. This ram of 23 years this call to lose prominence in the Newcastle before Shearer, Dyer and now Luque, and therefore since the British company would not be seen with bad eyes to include it in the operation, since as option of emergency they have to Chopra. This ram is Nigerian, although a product of the factory can be considered of the 'magpies'. Arrived at the islands with 13 years and, in fact, has been international Sub-21 with England.

Another of the points of the negotiation is the agreement between Luque and the Newcastle. Do not it is expected that there be excessive problems, since the magpies have a high purchasing power and the Catalonian would arrive like one of the acquisitions you crash of this season, next to Emre and Scott Parker. Seems to be that the Catalonian extreme will also come out ahead economically with this operation.

Few days for a replacement The Depor wants a high ram and with great physical presence. That petition of Joaquín Caparrós is independent of the sale of Luque, and now there will be that to know if the Depor enters the market to seek a replacement by the left or wants a spare for the right. Ricardinho or D' Alessandro continue in the list.

The Lazio also themselves fixed in Duscher Aldo Duscher had already many suitors before beginning the summer and now that plays great level are more the ones that meditate to hire it. The interest of Tottenham and Bolton comes from a distance, and now there is another team that has added to the intention to put on file, the Lazio. The Congolese Mudingayi is the other option of the Italians.before the interest of these teams, Aldo Duscher continues maintaining the same speech on its future: "My opinion is that of the club because we speak it. If there is an interesting offering for both parts, we would listen it. It is not that want me to go, what happens is both parts we are open to improve. I am very comfortable in the Depor, because I play and now I feel valued".- Miranda

They have made it sounds like we were keen to pull a deal off!

I hear Luque's been unsettled at Deportivo, so it's not surprising if he wants to move.

And didn't they have a poor season last year, 11th wasn't it?

Say if we were top 3 material again we'd be looking at much better strikers, and maybe even succeeding!

We'll be trying to save money, Little Duggie's wife filed for divorce at the weekend so he needs a good dividend this year.

15163[/snapback]

is that anything to do with the quote he made last year about how we all tell little lies like' telling the wife i love her every morning'!

or something like that! fool

• 3 years later...