jinky jimmy milner

Dr Gloom

i thought he was one of our best players last night. his season at villa seems to have improved him no end. nice to see some purpose to his mazy runs and some end product. it was just a shame that there was no one to get on the end of some decent balls that he put in to the box.

her certainly did his chances of a regular first team slot no harm at all, unlike luque. anyone reckon he's worth a starting role up front alongside martins or wide right instead of solano?

I would stick to the midfield that played last night, with Duff staying out wide right. It's got to be Shola and Martins to start up front, good combination (hopefully) of physical presence and pace. It's good to see that, when called upon, Milner looks like he could do the business, but not up front imo.

I think Milner , Duff and N'zogbia should all be in the team on last nights showing, the crossovers by those 3 would have any defence in bits!

Maybe drop emre for zoggy and play Duff left and Milner right.

184852[/snapback]

agreed - we've got to find room in the team for n'zogbia.

seeing those three - who are all comfortable running with the ball and taking people on - last night was exciting.

our midfield looked strong but we were toothless up front. i'd like to see us sign one more striker and a couple of defenders.

on last night's showing milner can do a job up top but shola looks our only striker with any kind of physical presence.

last night was luque's big chance to silence his critics. shame he wasted it

I was thinking last night about our potential.

Just try and imagine for a minute that Luque gets back his Spanish form, and Dyer gets the form which everyone thought he would have the potential to get.

Add them to N'Zogbia, Duff, Milner, Parker, Emre, Martins, Ameobi (on current form) and Solano and you've got a cracking attacking line up. Just a shame they're never on form at the same time.

Confidence makes a big difference.

184865[/snapback]

can it be used for as an excuse for luque or is he beyond redemption now?

i'd like to think that we'll eventually get a performance out of him for our £10m investment but if he can't raise his game against the gash we were playing last night, when can he?

Just try and imagine for a minute that Luque gets back his Spanish form, and Dyer gets the form which everyone thought he would have the potential to get.

Add them to N'Zogbia, Duff, Milner, Parker, Emre, Martins, Ameobi (on current form) and Solano and you've got a cracking attacking line up. Just a shame they're never on form at the same time.

184872[/snapback]

do you think he can? i'm beginning to think it might be best for all parties if we get rid...

Confidence makes a big difference.

184865[/snapback]

can it be used for as an excuse for luque or is he beyond redemption now?

i'd like to think that we'll eventually get a performance out of him for our £10m investment but if he can't raise his game against the gash we were playing last night, when can he?

184873[/snapback]

Well, I think you can argue that too. But if Luque gets a chance playing alongside a genuine centre-forward he has to start showing something at least. I want him to succeed but he's running out of excuses.

184872[/snapback]

do you think he can? i'm beginning to think it might be best for all parties if we get rid...

184876[/snapback]

Nope, not anymore. I really don't understand it. He was awesome in Spain. It's as if they've sent us his twin brother, who can't play football.

184872[/snapback]

184876[/snapback]

Nope, not anymore. I really don't understand it. He was awesome in Spain. It's as if they've sent us his twin brother, who can't play football.

184879[/snapback]

that's the annoying thing. he looked a class player for depor and i was chuffed when we got him. he can't have lost his ability over night but even if we are playing him out of position you expect some level of application and commitment. he played last night like a bloke who's heart isn't in it.

184879[/snapback]

Confidence.

Said it elsewhere, but Solano is now third choice for the right wing berth IMO.  He should be anyway.

184870[/snapback]

I didn't see yesterday's game, but over the course of a season and with us playing two strikers up front, I still think he'd offer a lot more than Milner. Anyway, taking injuries and suspensions into account, I think Solano will still have a big role to play this season, even if he's not first choice anymore. It's not like he's had a particularly bad start to the season either, it's just that he's the one who has probably suffered most from us not having any mobile strikers, and presumably that's why he's suddenly being talked about as if he's past it.

N'Zogbia and Duff definitely looks like the way to go if everyone is fit though.

I think Solano's looked pretty poor so far this season tbh. Milner is much more mobile and offers more going forward. You'll always miss Solano's neat passing but I think the time has come for him to make way based on current evidence.

I think Solano's looked pretty poor so far this season tbh.  Milner is much more mobile and offers more going forward.  You'll always miss Solano's neat passing but I think the time has come for him to make way based on current evidence.

185087[/snapback]

Solano isn't the player he was (legs going a bit imo) but I'd still have him ahead of Milner wide-right for now, especially at home. Having someone to hit upfront will make a big difference to his game.

Millner has shown the value of taking players with ability/potential away from Souness and handing them to anyone else on the planet!

Given the confidence and coaching plus regular football at Villa he has clearly come back a better prospect. I'd say he still needs to work on his final ball delivery and looking up to see where strikers are etc. but he looks much better.

And Duff showed because he is so two footed he can easilly play on the right and the left, throw in Nobby and Zog and we have more options out wide than in a long time.

I would love (fitness permitting) to even just once see a line up include Duff, Zog, Dyer, Millner and Martins and see the opposition keep up with them!