:blink:

Seems like only yesterday....

1999-08-25sunderland-h-f_small.jpg

1999 Sunderland (h)

1-2 (1-0)

Premiership

Dyer(28)

Quinn(64), Phillips(72)

A night of drama and bucket-loads of rain. Ruud Gullit famously left Alan Shearer on the bench and then blamed the defeat on the England captain and fellow striker Big Dunc.

1999-08-25as.jpg

The latter expressing his disappointment with Gullit's comments the next morning, by ripping the manger's office door off its hinges.... Within days Gullit was gone, Shearer and Rob Lee were back and Bobby Robson was at St. James' Park, inspiring Al to a five-goal haul as Sheff Wed were demolished 8-0. Best of all, this desperate defeat was seen as the catalyst for a reverse in fortunes at NUFC, thus taking the wind out of some red and white sails. What's that saying about an ill wind....?

NUFC.com match report

© NUFC.COM

Bet Gullit's sphincter went wild when his door came crashing in and there stood 6 foot 4 inches of wild-eyed neanderthal Scotsman. :blink:

Jesus that sounds like Mills and Boon on a re-read.

184966[/snapback]

By the way, can you let me have that back anytime soonish please.

Bet Gullit's sphincter went wild when his door came crashing in and there stood 6 foot 4 inches of wild-eyed neanderthal Scotsman. :blink:

184966[/snapback]

:lol:

My main memory of the night is getting absoluetely soaked as they were re-developing the Milburn so there was no roof. I literally had to empty the water out of my shoes. As a special thank you for my patience in having to sit there in all weathers that season the club sent me a letter about a year later saying they were throwing me out of my seat :blush:

184966[/snapback]

:lol:

My main memory of the night is getting absoluetely soaked as they were re-developing the Milburn so there was no roof. I literally had to empty the water out of my shoes. As a special thank you for my patience in having to sit there in all weathers that season the club sent me a letter about a year later saying they were throwing me out of my seat :blush:

184970[/snapback]

:blush:

Snap!

184966[/snapback]

184968[/snapback]

Think you can change your avatar :lol: now theres a pic of Martins with the nufc on .cock not wearing it like :blush:

184966[/snapback]

184968[/snapback]

Think you can change your avatar :lol: now theres a pic of Martins with the nufc on .cock not wearing it like :blush:

184977[/snapback]

Your avatar could probably be updated tbh.

184966[/snapback]

184968[/snapback]

Think you can change your avatar :blush: now theres a pic of Martins with the nufc on .cock not wearing it like :blush:

184977[/snapback]

Personally I prefer my version with Oba's head on Bramble's body.

Its Photoshop'd you know :lol:

184966[/snapback]

184968[/snapback]

Think you can change your avatar :blush: now theres a pic of Martins with the nufc on .cock not wearing it like :razz:

184977[/snapback]

Personally I prefer my version with Oba's head on Bramble's body.

Its Photoshop'd you know :lol:

184983[/snapback]

He looks like a dinosaur there tbh good effort though makes me smile everytime i see it :blush:

184966[/snapback]

184968[/snapback]

184977[/snapback]

Your avatar could probably be updated tbh.

184982[/snapback]

You missed out on one of these Alex....

Andy.jpg