Real Madrid agree to let Woodgate go out on loan.

Jimbo

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't we have a first refusal agreement on him with Real ?

184993[/snapback]

Does that apply to the player himself though? He could always just turn it down.

184997[/snapback]

His dealer's easier to access from Newcastle. ALLEGEDLY.

Woody and Bellamy in Liverpool shirts would be quite hard to stomach.

184998[/snapback]

Better get used to it. Pretty certain that's where he's going.

185000[/snapback]

Who, oor Craigy? Source?

story in the Sun this morning is that although Real are prepared to pay some of Woodgates wages (says a large slice of 70K) Shepherd only wants Woodgate on a pay as you play deal. Woodgate on loan for say less than 35K a week would be a great deal imo.

Edited by luckypierre

story in the Sun this morning is that although Real are prepared to pay some of Woodgates wages (says a large slice of 70K) Shepherd only wants Woodgate on a pay as you play deal. Woodgate on loan for say less than 35K a week would be a great deal imo.

185007[/snapback]

Woodgate is on 90k allegedly

Big gamble even on loan...!

You'd like to think his luck would change at some point in his career. It would be great if it did with us, but I'm really not too sure on whether it's going to be worth the risk in wages.... :lol:

.............AMEOBI.....MARTINS

ZOGGY GRAVESEN....PARKER.... DUFF

BRIDGE WOODGATE BRAMBLE...CARR

........................GIVEN

SUBS:

HARPER

TAYLOR

DYER

BUTT

NUGENT

.........Would be nice :blink: ....but :blush:

You'd like to think his luck would change at some point in his career. It would be great if it did with us, but I'm really not too sure on whether it's going to be worth the risk in wages....  :blush:

SUBS:

HARPER

TAYLOR

DYER

BUTT

NUGENT

.........Would be nice  :lol: ....but  :blush:

185045[/snapback]

No Emre? :blink:

With his record, only if we are also buying another CB, a season of Taylor & Bramble scares the shit out of me.

Even that's probably letting my heart rule my head, but the notion of a fit Woody at the centre of our defence is worth a big gamble.

You'd like to think his luck would change at some point in his career. It would be great if it did with us, but I'm really not too sure on whether it's going to be worth the risk in wages....  :blush:

SUBS:

HARPER

TAYLOR

DYER

BUTT

NUGENT

185045[/snapback]

185050[/snapback]

I'm not really sure we need Graveson? Emre, Parker, Dyer (when fit), Butt, the Zog can all play central midfield. 5 players for 2 positions, not including academy & reserve. I'd rather we bought another centre back instead of a Centre Mid

SUBS:

HARPER

TAYLOR

DYER

BUTT

NUGENT

185045[/snapback]

185050[/snapback]

I'm not really sure we need Graveson? Emre, Parker, Dyer (when fit), Butt, the Zog can all play central midfield. 5 players for 2 positions, not including academy & reserve. I'd rather we bought another centre back instead of a Centre Mid

185058[/snapback]

me too. i don't really see centre mid as a position we're short on.

if we're going to spend more money, i'd go for another striker and a couple of defenders.

£35k pw would be a good deal.

However I have my doubts whether Real would even let us have him on loan given his and our clubs injury record and the way we dealt with him before. The last thing they want is their player getting crocked and out for another year.

SUBS:

HARPER

TAYLOR

DYER

BUTT

NUGENT

185045[/snapback]

185050[/snapback]

185058[/snapback]

We only have Emre, Butt & Parker in central midfield.

Zoggy might be able to play there, but he's a lot more effective on the wing so there’s not real reason for him to be there. I'm not going to include Dyer for the same reason that he's lot more effective in a free role behind the front two or even on the right-wing, but never as a central midfielder.

I do like Emre, he grafts well and creates in attack, but I just feel Gravesen can offer more as a central midfielder with his composer and strength on the ball especially for when we come up against tougher opposition.

I would rather we bought another centre-back instead as it's more of a priority, but again I'd say the same towards bringing in another striker too.