Real Madrid agree to let Woodgate go out on loan.

Jimbo

£35k pw would be a good deal.

However I have my doubts whether Real would even let us have him on loan given his and our clubs injury record and the way we dealt with him before. The last thing they want is their player getting crocked and out for another year.

185066[/snapback]

Not if he's always injured and why would he accept about a thrid of what he is reported to be on? Better spent elsewhere.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Big gamble even on loan...!

You'd like to think his luck would change at some point in his career. It would be great if it did with us, but I'm really not too sure on whether it's going to be worth the risk in wages....  :blush:

.............AMEOBI.....MARTINS

ZOGGY GRAVESEN....PARKER.... DUFF

BRIDGE WOODGATE BRAMBLE...CARR

........................GIVEN

SUBS:

HARPER

TAYLOR

DYER

BUTT

NUGENT

.........Would be nice  :blush: ....but  :razz:

185045[/snapback]

No Emre? :blink:

185050[/snapback]

I'm not really sure we need Graveson? Emre, Parker, Dyer (when fit), Butt, the Zog can all play central midfield. 5 players for 2 positions, not including academy & reserve. I'd rather we bought another centre back instead of a Centre Mid

185058[/snapback]

We only have Emre, Butt & Parker in central midfield.

Zoggy might be able to play there, but he's a lot more effective on the wing so there’s not real reason for him to be there. I'm not going to include Dyer for the same reason that he's lot more effective in a free role behind the front two or even on the right-wing, but never as a central midfielder.

I do like Emre, he grafts well and creates in attack, but I just feel Gravesen can offer more as a central midfielder with his composer and strength on the ball especially for when we come up against tougher opposition.

I would rather we bought another centre-back instead as it's more of a priority, but again I'd say the same towards bringing in another striker too.

185067[/snapback]

I let you off the first time but it's composure :lol:

However I have my doubts whether Real would even let us have him on loan given his and our clubs injury record and the way we dealt with him before. The last thing they want is their player getting crocked and out for another year.

185066[/snapback]

Not if he's always injured and why would he accept about a thrid of what he is reported to be on? Better spent elsewhere.

185069[/snapback]

Well if we engineered the deal right we could return him to them once he breaks down. And it wouldn't be Woodgate missing out on the money, I thought the story was Real were prepared to pay a fair whack of his wages?

185066[/snapback]

185069[/snapback]

Well if we engineered the deal right we could return him to them once he breaks down. And it wouldn't be Woodgate missing out on the money, I thought the story was Real were prepared to pay a fair whack of his wages?

185074[/snapback]

yeah but thats a fair whack of his current wages ( 90K) i imagine, still would cost us too much tbh

You'd like to think his luck would change at some point in his career. It would be great if it did with us, but I'm really not too sure on whether it's going to be worth the risk in wages....  :razz:

SUBS:

HARPER

TAYLOR

DYER

BUTT

NUGENT

.........Would be nice  :blush: ....but  :nufc:

185045[/snapback]

No Emre? :lol:

185050[/snapback]

I'm not really sure we need Graveson? Emre, Parker, Dyer (when fit), Butt, the Zog can all play central midfield. 5 players for 2 positions, not including academy & reserve. I'd rather we bought another centre back instead of a Centre Mid

185058[/snapback]

Zoggy might be able to play there, but he's a lot more effective on the wing so there’s not real reason for him to be there. I'm not going to include Dyer for the same reason that he's lot more effective in a free role behind the front two or even on the right-wing, but never as a central midfielder.

I do like Emre, he grafts well and creates in attack, but I just feel Gravesen can offer more as a central midfielder with his composer and strength on the ball especially for when we come up against tougher opposition.

I would rather we bought another centre-back instead as it's more of a priority, but again I'd say the same towards bringing in another striker too.

185067[/snapback]

I let you off the first time but it's composure :blush:

185071[/snapback]

Composer man! :nufc:

I think I need to slow down a little while typing away, I keep missing words out too...! :blink::blush:

185066[/snapback]

185069[/snapback]

185074[/snapback]

Maybe they are, sorry. The rest of your suggestion sounds a bit too good to be true so I still would be against getting him. I think getting him back would be a case of hearts ruling heads. He was class when he was here but he was only fit for about 1/3 of the time.

185066[/snapback]

185069[/snapback]

185074[/snapback]

Real are not gonna accept a deal where they have to take him back if he breaks down, or they may as well just keep him and save themselves the hassle. £35k pw is £1.8m p.a. Not worth it for a player who doesn't play.

Let's wash our hands of Woodgate and let him go and collect his sick pay off someone else.

With someone as good as Woody its just the thought that he might, just might play 40 odd great games for Liverpool and we'd all be sick as parrots. Still thats about 1000-1 chance of happening.

With someone as good as Woody its just the thought that he might, just might play 40 odd great games for Liverpool and we'd all be sick as parrots. Still thats about 1000-1 chance of happening.

185088[/snapback]

if he signs for him you should check the odds the bookies will give, might help soften the blow like

You'd like to think his luck would change at some point in his career. It would be great if it did with us, but I'm really not too sure on whether it's going to be worth the risk in wages....  :blush:

SUBS:

HARPER

TAYLOR

DYER

BUTT

NUGENT

.........Would be nice  :lol: ....but  :blush:

185045[/snapback]

No Emre? :blink:

185050[/snapback]

185058[/snapback]

185067[/snapback]

A fair point. If we'd already secured Bridge plus another def I'd maybe view this slightly different. Right now, I just see it as a luxury.

The bloke is arguably the best centreback in football, he transforms your entire defence by his presence. It would be a big gamble but on loan i just couldn't turn down the chance of getting somebody that good who in addition is already proven and at home in the prem.

Obviously there's the chance he ends up injured alot of the time, but i'd still take the risk.

185066[/snapback]

185069[/snapback]

well the story is Real are prepared to pay 'a large slice' of his 70K a week. Doesnt that make it worth it then even if he would only play 15 games? A large slice says to me a fair bit more than half. So say 20K a week? If he plays half the games is it value for money? I think so

185066[/snapback]

185069[/snapback]

well the story is Real are prepared to pay 'a large slice' of his 70K a week. Doesnt that make it worth it then even if he would only play 15 games? A large slice says to me a fair bit more than half. So say 20K a week? If he plays half the games is it value for money? I think so

185110[/snapback]

I need to know how much we'd be paying to make a proper judgement. I would have preferred Sol Campbell though. Are we even being linked with Woodgate btw?

185066[/snapback]

185069[/snapback]

185110[/snapback]

Aye but at the same time our backline would have no consistency, its not gonna help changing our CB partnership every few games to accomodate his injury habit.

185066[/snapback]

185069[/snapback]

185110[/snapback]

If I offered you a large slice of pie, are you seriously suggesting you would expect to get more than half of it, you greedy pig?

185066[/snapback]

185069[/snapback]

185110[/snapback]

Aye but at the same time our backline would have no consistency, its not gonna help changing our CB partnership every few games to accomodate his injury habit.

185118[/snapback]

Do you want him here or not?

I'm not sure either in truth :blink:

185066[/snapback]

185069[/snapback]

185110[/snapback]

185118[/snapback]

Do you want him here or not?

I'm not sure either in truth :blink:

185126[/snapback]

I'll moan about it either way, its what I do best.

185066[/snapback]

185069[/snapback]

185110[/snapback]

I need to know how much we'd be paying to make a proper judgement. I would have preferred Sol Campbell though. Are we even being linked with Woodgate btw?

185117[/snapback]

me too. Actually reading it back fuck knows what large slice means... in Rentons house its probably more than half but who knows I think the interesting thing is Freddies only interested in pay as you play. Although that would be perfect what value would you put on Woodgate even if you know he's going to miss half your games?

The story also says its to prove his fitness rather than a loan towards a definite move

LISTEN DICKHEADS! :blink:

He is shite man! He never plays! Real are letting him go on loan because they know he's a crock but they know they can't sell him because everyone else knows he's a crock.

Some of you are as bad as Shepherd with your Woodgate obsession. :lol:

He never plays, therefore he's utterly useless.

185066[/snapback]

185069[/snapback]

185110[/snapback]

If I offered you a large slice of pie, are you seriously suggesting you would expect to get more than half of it, you greedy pig?

185121[/snapback]

if the other slice was for you? hell no :blink:

Edited by luckypierre

LISTEN DICKHEADS! :blink:

He is shite man!  He never plays!  Real are letting him go on loan because they know he's a crock but they know they can't sell him because everyone else knows he's a crock.

Some of you are as bad as Shepherd with your Woodgate obsession. :blush:

He never plays, therefore he's utterly useless.

185131[/snapback]

Best ever defender to play for us though :lol:

185117[/snapback]

Looked a bit ropey mid-week after doing well in the opening game.