Woodgate to spend year in England

Craig

Another we can expect to be bringing up how much he loved playing for us in a couple of year to get on radio/tv.

Class player, but also thick as fuck. As Alex said his lifestyle was to blame, shame really as he could have had a really amazing career. 

• Like 1

Lets be straight.  On his day, he literally was close to world class.  One of the best CB in Europe without a doubt.  But he enjoyed too much of the devils dandruff (allegedly).

• Like 1

Not allegedly. He went to my secondary school in boro, Nunthorpe.

He loved the Dickens inn in boro and was there with big time coke heads most weekends. He was a class defender on his day mind.

I think he was only available for about 1/3 of the games during his time here. Absolute brilliant defender when he was fit though 

• Like 1

On 12/06/2022 at 22:46, strawb said:

Not allegedly. He went to my secondary school in boro, Nunthorpe.

He loved the Dickens inn in boro and was there with big time coke heads most weekends. He was a class defender on his day mind.

Used to see him in the Rudd's as well. I think it was common knowledge he was into Disco dust. There was some suggestion that Gibbo had to step in and move him and Downing away as they'd got themselves into some bother with a handy drug dealer.  Not sure whether Stu Downing was on the white stuff though. 

1 hour ago, Alex said:

I think he was only available for about 1/3 of the games during his time here. Absolute brilliant defender when he was fit though 

Not dissimilar to VVD in that his positioning was so good he rarely had to leave his feet for a tackle  

Edited by Kid Dynamite
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Not dissimilar to VVD in that his positioning was so good he rarely had to leave his feet for a tackle  

Yes. He was also pretty rapid. He wasn’t quite the same player when he came back from Madrid and seemed to have lost a yard of pace. He could play a bit too

Irrespective of his social choices, he's by some distance the best central defender I've seen in a black & white shirt. Imagine if we'd had someone of his calibre in the 1995/96 season.

• Like 3