Woodgate to spend year in England

Craig

The best thing about missing out on Gravesen is that I don't have to cope with the all mongs who write it Graveson all the time...

186914[/snapback]

It's been bothering me, but that's a bit harsh. :lol:

Ramage, Carr, Babayaro, Moore, Taylor, Bramble - a championship defence.

Pole position to sign 3 players (Woodgate, Huth and Graveson). Oops.

186912[/snapback]

The best thing about missing out on Gravesen is that I don't have to cope with the all mongs who write it Graveson all the time...

186914[/snapback]

:lol:

It's a fair point. I've had to correct myself a few times, but forgot this time :D

186912[/snapback]

186914[/snapback]

Graverson :lol: has left Celtic without agreement - acording to BBC

186912[/snapback]

186914[/snapback]

186917[/snapback]

Gravasan can't sign for them until Petrov goes to Villa. It's still on though.

186921[/snapback]

Please tell me your sig's not players we've been linked with vs players we've signed this summer? :lol:

186912[/snapback]

186914[/snapback]

186917[/snapback]

186921[/snapback]

Very possible

BBC say

Real Madrid midfielder Thomas Graveriosonio has left Celtic Park without a contract being agreed with the Scottish champions, BBC Sport understands.

186921[/snapback]

Please tell me your sig's not players we've been linked with vs players we've signed this summer? :lol:

186922[/snapback]

And there are still the likes of Defoe and Wright-Phillips and about 50 others missing...

186921[/snapback]

186922[/snapback]

:D

Missed a couple off though. Gonna keep it till the end of the season to compare which players have performed the best :rolleyes:

Huth and Woodgate both going to Boro.

Tick tick tick.....

186907[/snapback]

We could have allowed Woodgate to Boro to happen to increase our chances of getting Huth.

Woody is a crock. We know it. He has also got a gak problem.

Huth had a bad ankle which has been fixed and is a young un. Seems the better option to me.

If we end up with Huth and they have Woody i think thats good business.

Tick tick tick.....

186907[/snapback]

We could have allowed Woodgate to Boro to happen to increase our chances of getting Huth.

Huth had a bad ankle which has been fixed and is a young un. Seems the better option to me.

186930[/snapback]

Did you miss the part where I mentioned that they're both going to Boro?

Missed a couple off though. Gonna keep it till the end of the season to compare which players have performed the best  :D

186927[/snapback]

We should have a fantasy football team of players we should have signed, and a newcastle one, see who wins.

Tick tick tick.....

186907[/snapback]

186930[/snapback]

Did you miss the part where I mentioned that they're both going to Boro?

186932[/snapback]

Nah.

Missed a couple off though. Gonna keep it till the end of the season to compare which players have performed the best  :D

186927[/snapback]

We should have a fantasy football team of players we should have signed, and a newcastle one, see who wins.

186933[/snapback]

I did think about that :rolleyes:

186912[/snapback]

186914[/snapback]

186917[/snapback]

186921[/snapback]

According to reports up here its to do with his medical, as there are still slight problems with his knee. They are still in talks etc though and Gravesen was "Hopeful" a deal will go through.

Southgate gagged Woodgate and tied him to a chair. Whilst Gibson stood infront of Woody fully naked wearing nothing but his leather cock sock and dangled his penis in front of Woodgate's eyes and said, "keep your eyes on my penis, dont focus on anything but my penis.. soon you will go into a deep sleep, and when I click my fingers you'll wake up and sign for Boro ahead of Newcastle."

Southgate gagged Woodgate and tied him to a chair. Whilst Gibson stood infront of Woody fully naked wearing nothing but his leather cock sock and dangled his penis in front of Woodgate's eyes and said, "keep your eyes on my penis, dont focus on anything but my penis.. soon you will go into a deep sleep, and when I click my fingers you'll wake up and sign for Boro ahead of Newcastle."

187067[/snapback]

Why must your attempts at humorous posts fail so badly on their arse? :lol:

The carry on at N-O in the Woodgate thread is hilarious.

Suddenly JW is a mercenary bastard who isn't fit to wear the black and white shirt anyway and there's a few hanging their hopes of the fact that the SkySports transfer page has changed the Woody story from Orange (probable) to Yellow (possible)...

Jesus fucking wept! :lol:

Jonathan Woodgate has turned down the chance to return to Newcastle United after electing to move to his home-town club Middlesbrough last night.

But, while Boro believe they are also on the verge of adding German international Robert Huth to their squad before the close of the transfer window, Newcastle are still attempting to hijack the deal.

Woodgate held talks with Newcastle chairman Freddie Shepherd and Middlesbrough manager Gareth Southgate over the weekend and the injury-plagued England international has admitted he was tempted by a return to St James's Park after being told he could leave Real Madrid on a season's loan.

While Woodgate may have liked the opportunity to return to United after two seasons ravaged by injuries in Spain he has told friends he felt more wanted by Southgate and Boro, the team he supported as a boy on Teesside.

Source: http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcast...-name_page.html

The bit in bold speaks volumes to me. Roeder was definitely not interested IMO, all the doing of, ironically, the man who sold him under the nose of Bobby... :lol:

Ashley Cole's available.... :lol:

186887[/snapback]

When I was in Spain the Daily Mirror over there said Arsenal had failed to sell Cole to Real madrid and NUFC. Don't know if it was said over here :D

187165[/snapback]

In one of the papers last week there was story that he had been offered to us for £25million.

• 15 years later...

Woodgate:

"I didn’t want to go to Newcastle. But Bobby Robson was manager, Alan Shearer was a legend, Gary Speed as well.

"They had a young team so I thought let’s do it even though I didn’t want to leave Leeds.”

“It was tough as you want to be successful in your career and want to play with the best players.

"But they all started leaving [Leeds]. Robbie Fowler went, Robbie Keane went and I knew they were going to get relegated, and they’re only back up [to the Premier League] two years ago.

“We saw the downfall from being in a Champions League semi-final – I’m over the moon they didn’t get relegated this season.”

“When you have injuries, there’s nothing worse as a footballer as you just want to play,” he continued.

"It seemed to be a snowball effect for me, as I’d get one injury and that would lead to another one, but it all came down to my back as I had an unstable segment in my back.

"Even though I didn’t get a massive amount of pain in my back, it was making me pull my hamstrings, my quads, groin injuries. But it was tough to take, especially as you know you could give a lot more, and had a more successful career without the injuries.”