Woodgate to spend year in England

Craig

Just been on SSN that he's close to signing for Boro. Seen shaking hands with Southgate. Story coming up in a mo.

186880[/snapback]

Never wanted him anyway :lol:

Just been on SSN that he's close to signing for Boro. Seen shaking hands with Southgate. Story coming up in a mo.

186880[/snapback]

186882[/snapback]

I dont think Roeder waned him as well.

186884[/snapback]

Does he even know who he wants?

Duff became available, we went for him.

Martins became available, we went for him.

Is that our policy?

186880[/snapback]

186882[/snapback]

186884[/snapback]

Is that our policy?

186886[/snapback]

Yes and I've said that before. Milner, Parker, Emre, Carr, Butt, Faye, etc. (without going into the pros and cons of them as players) all fit into that category and that's just off the top of my head.

186880[/snapback]

186882[/snapback]

186884[/snapback]

Is that our policy?

186886[/snapback]

Yes and I've said that before. Milner, Parker, Emre, Carr, Butt, Faye, etc. (without going into the pros and cons of them as players) all fit into that category and that's just off the top of my head.

186888[/snapback]

Yeah, you cant really sign players who are unavailable for transfer.... :D

Skysports.com understand Middlesbrough have won the race to sign Jonathan Woodgate.

It is believed that the Real Madrid defender is currently undergoing a medical at Middlesbrough after opting to make the move to Teesside.

Real are willing to loan out the former Leeds and Newcastle defender so that he can get valuable first team action under his belt.

Woodgate held talks with Middlesbrough boss Gareth Southgate on Monday about a possible move to The Riverside.

Newcastle, Valencia, Villarreal and Portsmouth all expressed an interest in his services, but Woodgate is believed to have decided to make the move to Middlesbrough.

Middlesbrough have agreed a season-long loan deal with Real for Woodgate with the possible option of a permanent move.

Should Woodgate successfully come through his medical the move should be tied up in the next few days before the close of the transfer window.

Woodgate's arrival at Middlesbrough would come as a massive boost to Southgate as he has been chasing a new defender all summer and the England international would ably fill the void left by Southgate's move into the manager's seat at The Riverside.

Interesting point made on .COM....

Jonathan Woodgate:

The Smoggies look to have reached agreement to take the defender on a season-long loan, subject him passing a medical on Tuesday evening.

Ourselves, Pompey and Valencia had also been mentioned in the same breath - but if we really wanted him, we'd have been able to call on a first refusal clause that we surely inserted in the deal that took the player from Tyneside to Madrid?

:lol:

186880[/snapback]

186882[/snapback]

186884[/snapback]

Is that our policy?

186886[/snapback]

186888[/snapback]

Owen and Luque too.

186880[/snapback]

186882[/snapback]

186884[/snapback]

When are you guys going to get a life, have we sank that low that we want to sign some fucking tosser that only stays fit for a couple of games, weve already got at least one prick milking the club dry in Dyer, i'm fucking disgusted we are even linked with Woodgate, were the fucking laughing stock of the premiership, and as for being linked with a teenager on loan, what sort of message does that give out to our opponents.

186880[/snapback]

186882[/snapback]

186884[/snapback]

Is that our policy?

186886[/snapback]

186888[/snapback]

186889[/snapback]

And you can't grasp the obvious point being made here presumably :rolleyes:

186880[/snapback]

186882[/snapback]

186884[/snapback]

When are you guys going to get a life, have we sank that low that we want to sign some fucking tosser that only stays fit for a couple of games, weve already got at least one prick milking the club dry in Dyer, i'm fucking disgusted we are even linked with Woodgate, were the fucking laughing stock of the premiership, and as for being linked with a teenager on loan, what sort of message does that give out to our opponents.

186893[/snapback]

Yes.

186880[/snapback]

186882[/snapback]

186884[/snapback]

186893[/snapback]

Easy tiger.

Since Woodgate first time around, how many players have we actually targetted and brought in, as opposed to picked up because their club was quite willing to sell?

186880[/snapback]

186882[/snapback]

186884[/snapback]

Is that our policy?

186886[/snapback]

186888[/snapback]

186889[/snapback]

And you can't grasp the obvious point being made here presumably :rolleyes:

186894[/snapback]

:D:lol:

2 out of the ''said'' 3 targets lost already.

Keep it up Roeder.

186862[/snapback]

How is it Roeders fault? He cant kidnap then force them to sign.....

186866[/snapback]

It's Roeder's fault that he's left it this bloody late!

186876[/snapback]

Exactly.

2 players of the said 5-6.

:lol:

186893[/snapback]

How about that Martins?

Where is Patrokles telling us that everything still goes to plan. We still have two days left and there is no reason to panic...

186910[/snapback]

He's on holidays; I'm his stand-in.

Wait until the window closes to make the final judgement. :lol:

Ramage, Carr, Babayaro, Moore, Taylor, Bramble - a championship defence.

Pole position to sign 3 players (Woodgate, Huth and Graveson). Oops.

186912[/snapback]

Really?

I agree if we don't get a defender & striker in we're fucked.

Ramage, Carr, Babayaro, Moore, Taylor, Bramble - a championship defence.

Pole position to sign 3 players (Woodgate, Huth and Graveson). Oops.

186912[/snapback]

The best thing about missing out on Gravesen is that I don't have to cope with the all mongs who write it Graveson all the time...