Help Setting Up Me Wireless Network

Tooj

Now i've been a USB user for many years, and tried to change over to ethernet to set up a wireless network in me home, and last night all appeared fine i could connect to the internet using Ethernet and what not, but now when i try today before setting up the network i can't connect at all when i plug in the ethernet adapters and it just trys to find a signal to connect to some LAN that doesn't exist basically and doesn't recognise my standard connection.

If that makes sense. <_<

What sort of setup have you got? Modem and wireless access point/router or all in one modem/router?

Could be that your broadcast ID is off and for some reason your PC has decided to forget the connection details. You'd need to re-enable the broadcast to re-connect.

Have you tried right clicking on the network symbol in the system tray (as you've shown above) and selecting 'view available networks' (or words to that effect)? See what networks are listed and hopefully yours should be one of them.

What sort of setup have you got? Modem and wireless access point/router or all in one modem/router?

Could be that your broadcast ID is off and for some reason your PC has decided to forget the connection details. You'd need to re-enable the broadcast to re-connect.

Have you tried right clicking on the network symbol in the system tray (as you've shown above) and selecting 'view available networks' (or words to that effect)? See what networks are listed and hopefully yours should be one of them.

186313[/snapback]

It's a modem and wireless access point/router setup i have Matt, and i've been too busy the last couple of days to even contemplate faffing on with it.

If that broadcast ID is the case mate how would i go about sorting that out?