Guitar Pro 5

Lazarus

Ive never used powertab.

185591[/snapback]

It's shit. Good fun to start with but will only play midi which sounds like a computer in pain.

I'm on the lookout for some simple software to record my own backing tracks as MP3's.

Will this Guitar Pro 5 do it?

Ive never used powertab.

185591[/snapback]

It's shit. Good fun to start with but will only play midi which sounds like a computer in pain.

I'm on the lookout for some simple software to record my own backing tracks as MP3's.

185592[/snapback]

I'm not sure tbh - i'm still fiddling with it.

Ive never used powertab.

185591[/snapback]

185592[/snapback]

If you just want to record to mp3 use the standard recorder built into windows to record to .wav then use you're software of choice to convert to mp3.

For editting sound theres plenty of free software to do that some will even record direct to mp3 aswell. I've used this one before and found it to be effective. Audacity

Ive never used powertab.

185591[/snapback]

185592[/snapback]

If you just want to record to mp3 use the standard recorder built into windows to record to .wav then use you're software of choice to convert to mp3.

For editting sound theres plenty of free software to do that some will even record direct to mp3 aswell. I've used this one before and found it to be effective. Audacity

185607[/snapback]

Cheers. I'm looking to get a bit more polished. I had Audacity on an old PC. Only used it a couple of times. Canny basic as I remember and a bit fiddly. I've been using windows recorder but can only get 60 seconds out of it.

I've plumped for Cakewalk Music Creator.

Sounds canny.