Smokescreen

snakehips

Reading Roeder's comments regarding signing Martins, he says that Ob was his main target despite a few smokescreens.

I assume one of these 'smokescreens' was the tracking of Kyuiujt? I hope it was. And I really hope that Rafeal Benitez got spooked so much at the prospect of NUFC beating them to the signature of the Dutchman that they paid well over the odds for the Dirkster. I really REALLY hope this was the case <_< I'd laff me nads off if this was the case ;)

Just musing.

Reading Roeder's comments regarding signing Martins, he says that Ob was his main target despite a few smokescreens.

I assume one of these 'smokescreens' was the tracking of Kyuiujt? I hope it was. And I really hope that Rafeal Benitez got spooked so much at the prospect of NUFC beating them to the signature of the Dutchman that they paid well over the odds for the Dirkster. I really REALLY hope this was the case <_<  I'd laff me nads off if this was the case ;)

Just musing.

185700[/snapback]

Sounds good, but I don't buy that for a minute.

It wouldn't be the first contradiction this week, didn't Roeder say on the Radio interview earlier this that it was important to find the correct age of Martins for the sake of future transfer fees ?

He then says yesterday that any rumours about Oba's age was insulting.

I assume one of these 'smokescreens' was the tracking of Kyuiujt? I hope it was. And I really hope that Rafeal Benitez got spooked so much at the prospect of NUFC beating them to the signature of the Dutchman that they paid well over the odds for the Dirkster. I really REALLY hope this was the case <_<  I'd laff me nads off if this was the case ;)

Just musing.

185700[/snapback]

It wouldn't be the first contradiction this week, didn't Roeder say on the Radio interview earlier this that it was important to find the correct age of Martins for the sake of future transfer fees ?

185701[/snapback]

I thoght Roeder just said that it is important we make all checks on the player as we would with any player we were looking to bring in?

Just musing.

185700[/snapback]

185701[/snapback]

I thoght Roeder just said that it is important we make all checks on the player as we would with any player we were looking to bring in?

185710[/snapback]

I'm not 100% sure of his exact words but he didn't dismiss the theory like he did after we had signed the lad.

I think it was a smokescreen, when Dirk was quizzed about potential suitors, he denied any interest from Newcastle.

We didnt make a bid, or have any contact with Feyenoord throughout the summer, although we did scout him on a number of occasions, that just doesnt add up.