Official Match Thread : Aston Villa v Newcastle

Craig

Aston Villa v Newcastle United

villa_home.png v newcastle_home.png

Sunday, 27th August, 2006

Kick Off 14:00hrs

Aston Villa from : Sorensen, Hughes, Mellberg, Ridgewell, Samuel, Whittingham, Davis, Barry, McCann, Agbonlahor, Moore, Angel, Taylor, Laursen, Hendrie, Delaney, Djemba-Djemba.

Jlloyd Samuel is Aston Villa's major injury doubt, with a thigh injury, so Peter Whittingham stands by.

Wilfred Bouma and Gary Cahill are still out but Villa are hopeful Mark Delaney will shake off a virus to play.

Newcastle from : Given, Harper, Carr, Babayaro, Taylor, Bramble, Moore, Ramage, Parker, Emre, Solano, Duff, N'Zogbia, Butt, Milner, O'Brien, Pattison, Martins, Ameobi, Luque.

New Newcastle signing Obafemi Martins could feature - if his international clearance arrives in time.

Shola Ameobi is doubtful with hip and ham,string problems and Craig Moore (knee) is also a doubt but keeper Shay Given will return after a back injury.

Referee :

Howard Webb (Yorkshire)

TV :

UK - No live coverage.

Overseas - ART Sports 1

Canal+ Sport (D/F/N/S)

Sport 2 (Hun)

Supersport 3 SA

Supersport 6 SA

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really looking forward to seeing what Martins can do. I'll bet he was itching to get on the pitch when he was watching us against Ventspils the other night. Even Shearer could've scored a hatful with the service they were getting up front. I hope he (Martins, not Shearer!) has a cracking game.

Anyone who knows any pubs in town that'll be definitely showing it on dodgy telly, please PM me. Thank yoooo.

Really looking forward to seeing what Martins can do.  I'll bet he was itching to get on the pitch when he was watching us against Ventspils the other night.  Even Shearer could've scored a hatful with the service they were getting up front. I hope he (Martins, not Shearer!) has a cracking game.

Anyone who knows any pubs in town that'll be definitely showing it on dodgy telly, please PM me.  Thank yoooo.

185760[/snapback]

Idols I know have it on.

Anybody know which dodgy channel this will be on ? Am really wanting to watch martins debut.

Its on ESPN here in Asia (i THINK...i'm pretty sure they said that yesterday)

....so many streams will be able to run it i'd imagine...

Can't wait to see Femi in action...and to hopefully watch the bastard Villa get beat at home by us again....

Edited by Shido

Given

Carr

Moore

Titus

Baba

Nobby

Parker

Emre

Duff

Milner

Martins