Glenn eyes loan ranger

Scottish Mag

Glenn Roeder is looking for a loan ranger to boost Newcastle's attacking options ahead of Thursday's transfer deadline.

Despite the £10 million capture of Obafemi Martins, Roeder feels the United squad is still a striker short.

And so while he pursues defenders Wayne Bridge and Robert Huth and midfielder Thomas Gravesen, another forward is also on Roeder's radar.

"We have Oba, Shola Ameobi and Albert Luque. Ideally, we'd want a fourth striker - someone as back up," said the United boss.

"It's not comfortable going into a season with just three strikers.

"So if there's a possibility to find a fourth striker, maybe on a year's loan, I would look at that seriously."

Meanwhile, crocked Newcastle striker Michael Owen will be boosted during his rehabilitation from injury by an invite to every England get-together from new national coach Steve McClaren.

The former Middlesbrough boss is aiming to build a "club England", in which the national side will boast the same team spirit as a Premiership outfit.

And Owen, although guaranteed to be sidelined for most, if not all, of the coming season, will be invited to be a part of it.

Glenn Roeder is looking for a loan ranger to boost Newcastle's attacking options ahead of Thursday's transfer deadline.

Despite the £10 million capture of Obafemi Martins, Roeder feels the United squad is still a striker short.

And so while he pursues defenders Wayne Bridge and Robert Huth and midfielder Thomas Gravesen, another forward is also on Roeder's radar.

"We have Oba, Shola Ameobi and Albert Luque. Ideally, we'd want a fourth striker - someone as back up," said the United boss.

"So if there's a possibility to find a fourth striker, maybe on a year's loan, I would look at that seriously."

Meanwhile, crocked Newcastle striker Michael Owen will be boosted during his rehabilitation from injury by an invite to every England get-together from new national coach Steve McClaren.

The former Middlesbrough boss is aiming to build a "club England", in which the national side will boast the same team spirit as a Premiership outfit.

And Owen, although guaranteed to be sidelined for most, if not all, of the coming season, will be invited to be a part of it.

185822[/snapback]

Yes Glenn...which is why Jimmy FH would have been a sound bet <_<

185822[/snapback]

2* <_<

185822[/snapback]

2* <_<

186019[/snapback]

Sounds like it will be 2 seeing as Martins has only got a dead leg. (Had you forgotten Shola's done his hip then Brock?)

We should sign Gravesen, he's desperate to leave Madrid and would give Emre a kick up the arse. (not literally!)

186032[/snapback]

Literally or not, knowing Emre he probably would retaliate and end up in prison.

We need at least strengthening on every defensive position. I don't Huth will help us at the moment, but after having seen todays shambles I am more than willing to resign Woodgate, even if he is only playing a handful of games. We also need two fullbacks. Carr is thick as fuck and has absolutely no tactical awareness. It's the second game in a row where I see Moore is furiously pointing out to him where he should stand. Today he was starring at Moore while he left the right flank deserted - except of the Villa play. Babayaro is just shit.

If Zog isn't getting a game in midfield (and he should be), I'd start him at left back ahead of Babayaro. It's both an indictment of Baba and an indication of how good Zog is that he's better out of his natural position than Babayaro is in his.

If Zog isn't getting a game in midfield (and he should be), I'd start him at left back ahead of Babayaro.  It's both an indictment of Baba and an indication of how good Zog is that he's better out of his natural position than Babayaro is in his.

186112[/snapback]

Agreed and I would play Steven Taylor at right back before Stevie Carr.

I know most think it will effect his progression at centre half but he isnt getting a game as it is and there is talk of a new centre half coming in.

If Zog isn't getting a game in midfield (and he should be), I'd start him at left back ahead of Babayaro.  It's both an indictment of Baba and an indication of how good Zog is that he's better out of his natural position than Babayaro is in his.

186112[/snapback]

Listening to Roeder's post match comments today, he was pissed off with at least 3 performances today, Babayaro's MUST be one of them, he was bellow shocking today, its time that charlatan was dragged by his pubes out of the club.