Martins

Holden McGroin

Oh yeah, I've heard that explanation from the club, but it's just sounds like more PR spin tbh.

186531[/snapback]

Aye, but we might want to at least consider the possibility that Newcastle are not Machiavellian schemers of epic proportions, hell bent on world domination.

We're not Spurs FFS.

There's no way Martins was Roeder's top target IMO. I doubt he was even on the list until 2-3 weeks ago. Roeder spent half the transfer window explaining how important it was to get someone in with Premiership experience and how the club couldn't afford to take another expensive gamble à la Luque. He only changed his tune a few weeks ago when he admitted that he'd have to gamble anyway.

The whole thing reminds me of the Luque deal last year. Let's just hope Martins will turn out to be better suited to English football than Luque. And let's hope Shola's injury isn't too bad, because if we end up playing Martins up front alongside Milner or Luque, I can see him having trouble to adapt.

Edited by Bombadil

I also don't buy the story that Martins was top of our list. Either he was, but then we should have made a bid in June/July regardless of Inter's striker list, or he wasn't.

But I tend to believe his injury.

To be fair to the lad, it's not his fault that the club fucked up and didn't bother bidding for him till the season had started. Could have done with having a pre-season with us, now has to play catch up to get used to his team mates and the system. Shit, I forgot, he was always Glenn's number one choice, we just decided it was GREAT footballing sense to not bid for him during the summer (despite the fact he wasn't at the WC) and wait for the season to start. Another season, another farce.

186508[/snapback]

Roeder said he was always the number one target, but they didn't think he was available. Circumstances changed in the last couple of weeks (with the new strikers Inter signed).

186515[/snapback]

and inter wanted to get rid when it was obvious he was crocked :lol:

Dead Leg? 10-12 Days? I used to get dead legs all the time in the playground, was always back playing 5 minutes later. Soft foreign mercenary tbh.

186498[/snapback]

A 'proper' dead leg is a damned sight more painful than the one's yoyu get when someone punches your leg and arm in a certain place.

Dead Leg? 10-12 Days? I used to get dead legs all the time in the playground, was always back playing 5 minutes later. Soft foreign mercenary tbh.

186498[/snapback]

A 'proper' dead leg is a damned sight more painful than the one's yoyu get when someone punches your leg and arm in a certain place.

186623[/snapback]

You obviously never got a dead leg off someone as nails as me tbh. There were people walking down the corridor in my school dragging their leg behind them after a knuckle punch off the Gemmillator. :D:lol:

186498[/snapback]

186623[/snapback]

You obviously never got a dead leg off someone as nails as me tbh. There were people walking down the corridor in my school dragging their leg behind them after a knuckle punch off the Gemmillator. :D:lol:

186631[/snapback]

And just because they didn't want to give you their lunch paket voluntarily... :rolleyes:

I used to throw my lunch in the bin at school man.  I was like a rake. :lol:

186638[/snapback]

Did you fly up off the ground and smack people in the face when they stepped on you?

I used to throw my lunch in the bin at school man.  I was like a rake. :lol:

186638[/snapback]

Still cultivating that 'nails' image of yours :D