Does anyone know....

Radgina

Stock Car racing is a bit like the rush to get a parking space in Building 3 car park at 7 in the morning.

186148[/snapback]

aaahhh right...dodgem city then ????

It's me turning into a road even though it has the give way arrow painted on it.

It's pointing away from me, so I thought "ah this must be a one-way street if it wants me to go down this lane" cue me instructor grabbing the wheel. <_<

It's me turning into a road even though it has the give way arrow painted on it.

It's pointing away from me, so I thought "ah this must be a one-way street if it wants me to go down this lane" cue me instructor grabbing the wheel.  ;)

186151[/snapback]

aaah bless.... <_< see I can't help myself.... ;)

anything about stock car racing ??? i am being "taken" to the world championship stock car finals in Coventry on saturday !!!!

186145[/snapback]

Gina, i spend half my life at stock car racing tracks <_< Im not sure if you mean the F1 or F2 stocks. But anyhow, you'll either love it or be very bored! , its full contact racing, if its F2's they are very fast, look out for Billy Batten, he's a local driver from down here, (167) i think he's currently world champion....he's great to watch coming through the field from the back. If its the F1's, plug your ears up cos man are they loud!!! ;) If you're standing close to the fence you can feel the vibration right through your body as they go past...it actually hurts your ears. We race national hot rods, which are caled the elite of oval track racing, very fast and (supposedly) non contact. But nationals dont race at coventry as i think its a shail track. Have a good time!

Edited by Toonraider

anything about stock car racing ??? i am being "taken" to the world championship stock car finals in Coventry on saturday !!!!

186145[/snapback]

Gina, i spend half my life at stock car racing tracks <_< Im not sure if you mean the F1 or F2 stocks. But anyhow, you'll either love it or be very bored! , its full contact racing, if its F2's they are very fast, look out for Billy Batten, he's a local driver from down here, (167) i think he's currently world champion....he's great to watch coming through the field from the back. If its the F1's, plug your ears up cos man are they loud!!! ;) If you're standing close to the fence you can feel the vibration right through your body as they go past...it actually hurts your ears. We race national hot rods, which are caled the elite of oval track racing, very fast and (supposedly) non contact. But nationals dont race at coventry as i think its a shail track. Have a good time!

186212[/snapback]

cheers for the info...it's F1 so i best sort out the ear plugs then !! ;)

186145[/snapback]

186212[/snapback]

cheers for the info...it's F1 so i best sort out the ear plugs then !! :o

186214[/snapback]

:icon_lol:

I last watched them at Foxhall, Ipswich and i stupidly stood right next to the track, my ears honestly hurt as they went past ;)

Cole Trickle = Legend tbh np

186226[/snapback]

Dale Trickle = real life legend! ;)

Used to love watching NASCAR when he was racing. Whenever they used to go 'full course yellows' it'd snap to an on-board camera angle and you'd see Trickle extract a tab and a lighter from a specially constructed dispenser in his dash!

Wondered why they wore open-faced helmets <_<

mallory_3.jpg

heres a piccy of our race car Gina, much prettier than F2's  :rolleyes:

186216[/snapback]

now thats a little beast... :D

186232[/snapback]

Brock? or the car? :lol:

186264[/snapback]

Nothing little about my beast I'll have you know. :D

Gina just to add. It will be packed as its the World Final, so it would be best to have tickets rather than rely on paying on the gate. Also if you stand near to the track, wear shades or be careful as flying gravel and bits of tyre in the eye bloody hurts :lol:

186145[/snapback]

They're holding the world championship in Coventry. What else do you need to know?

186145[/snapback]

They're holding the world championship in Coventry. What else do you need to know?

186684[/snapback]

:lol:

Its held in Coventry because its one of the best shale tracks in the country, which is great for the F1's which are far more exciting and competitive to watch on a quick shale track rather than tarmac.

Edited by Toonraider

186145[/snapback]

186684[/snapback]

:D

Its held in Coventry because its one of the best shale tracks in the country, which is great for the F1's which are far more exciting and competitive to watch on a quick shale track rather than tarmac.

186757[/snapback]

I was joking pet :rolleyes:

:lol: