Brits Hurt in Marmaris Bombing

Kid Dynamite

I've never understood why the nationality mattered.

186260[/snapback]

Because its more relevant, people could have friends or relatives on holiday there and news of deaths is both apt and valid.

Because its more relevant, people could have friends or relatives on holiday there and news of deaths is both apt and valid.

186276[/snapback]

You think that's all there is to it? I don't. Is that why they also will mention number of Americans dead, for example, because we're more likely to have relatives there.

186276[/snapback]

You think that's all there is to it? I don't. Is that why they also will mention number of Americans dead, for example, because we're more likely to have relatives there.

186282[/snapback]

Is that you Renton ?

:lol:

Is that you Renton ?

186285[/snapback]

Point conceded then. :D

I thought I was supposed to be the new Leazes anyway. Now he's back I've swung hard left?

Is that you Renton ?

186285[/snapback]

Point conceded then. :D

I thought I was supposed to be the new Leazes anyway. Now he's back I've swung hard left?

186286[/snapback]

What point would that be ?

:rolleyes:

That you saying that it was to do with potential friends and relatives was not the whole truth. Think about the focus on Australian losses in the Bali bombing.

I want to know why the focus, and your answer doesn't quite fit, for me.

That you saying that it was to do with potential friends and relatives was not the whole truth.  Think about the focus on Australian losses in the Bali bombing.

I want to know why the focus, and your answer doesn't quite fit, for me.

186295[/snapback]

So correct me if I am wrong, you are wondering why a British news service is reporting of British deaths in a foreign country ?

So correct me if I am wrong, you are wondering why a British news service is reporting of British deaths in a foreign country ?

186297[/snapback]

Yes.

186297[/snapback]

Yes.

186299[/snapback]

OK, perhaps its best I leave you to think that one over for yourself then.

You can get smart if you like, Jimbo. You're the one who's decided to over simplify the issue.

I am interested in why J69, and we generally, are keen to focus on the British casualties, and why the news not only focuses on "its own" but also the deaths of Americans, Australians, Irish etc. I haven't heard an answer that satisfies me, although you seem to think that my query is somehow moronic. :lol:

You can get smart if you like, Jimbo.  You're the one who's decided to over simplify the issue.

I am interested in why J69, and we generally, are keen to focus on the British casualties, and why the news not only focuses on "its own" but also the deaths of Americans, Australians, Irish etc.  I haven't heard an answer that satisfies me, although you seem to think that my query is somehow moronic. :lol:

186303[/snapback]

You have completely hijacked the point of this thread. Why not create a seperate thread about why it is unjust to point out the death of those who are the same nationality as us?

Then leave the rest of the boards users to think / discuss the original topic.

Rather than listening to you lot bickering, I'm more grateful for the fact that my dad and brother tried to get a holiday for this week and would have been in Marmaris last night if it wasn't for certain circumstances. They're still booked to go there next Saturday and have yet to be told by the Foreign Office that they shouldn't travel.

That would explain why I personally would be interested in hearing of British casualties.

''I'm more grateful for the fact that my dad and brother tried to get a holiday for this week and would have been in Marmaris last night if it wasn't for certain circumstances. They're still booked to go there next Saturday and have yet to be told by the Foreign Office that they shouldn't travel''

Exactly the reason why! Its closer to home, people may have friends or relatives there. I

m guessing you champion the cause of the millions of people lost to civil war in africa every year? That dont get a mention on the news cos its got nowt to do with the middle east.

I was trying to understand something I couldn't really get my head around, sorry to have offended anyone, like.

Except Linz.

186352[/snapback]

No worries, bud. I don't see your lacklustre drivvel as being offensive in the slightest.

:lol: Some spectacular assumptions made here, well done!

I was merely saying we seemed to focus more on "our own" in these situations and the focus seems to dampen the further away we get, culturally/geographically. It was an observation, perhaps for discussion (on a discussion forum :rolleyes:), not pointing any fingers.

I wan't trying to insinuate anything or "champion" any "causes", Jesus wept! :D