Monday's gossip column

Scottish Mag

TRANSFER RUMOURS

Manchester United are confident Bayern Munich will accept their £17m offer Owen Hargreaves. (Times)

Tottenham will turn their attention to Fulham's Steed Malbranque after giving up on signing Middlesbrough's Stewart Downing. (Times)

But Tottenham face competition from West Ham, who are poised to seal a £2m deal for Malbranque. (Sun)

William Gallas says Chelsea's threat to freeze him out of the team will not stop him wanting to leave. (Sun)

Jonathan Woodgate arrives at Teeside Airport on Monday, with Middlesbrough and Newcastle battling to sign him on loan from Real Madrid. (Sun)

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has targeted Juve striker David Trezeguet. (Guardian)

Tottenham still have not given up hope of signing unhappy Wigan defender Pascal Chimbonda. (Mirror)

Manchester City defender Sylvain Distin will see out the final year of his contract at Eastlands. (Mirror)

Manchester United, Blackburn, Bolton, West Ham and Leeds are all tracking £3m-rated IK Start midfielder Kristoffer Haestad. (Mirror)

Kilmarnock boss Jim Jefferies insists he's under no pressure to sell Steven Naismith - now on trial at Arsenal. (Record)

Thomas Gravesen will tell Celtic on Monday afternoon whether he will join them from Real Madrid. (Record)

Nacho Novo will find out on Monday if he has a future at Rangers. (Record)

OTHER GOSSIP

Roy Keane will become the best paid manager outside the Premiership when he takes over at Sunderland on a three-year deal worth £6m. (Star)

And Keane will get £15m to spend on new players at the Stadium of Light. (Sun)

Manchester City defender Ben Thatcher is to undergo a course of anger management. (Mail)

England boss Steve McClaren could upset Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson if he risks the fitness of Rio Ferdinand. (Mail)

FUNNIES

Researchers have revealed that the size and shape of a person's lips determines their personality. Ashley Cole's large mouth and full lips suggest he is an expressive and emotional man with expensive tastes. Wayne Rooney's small mouth and thin lips show independence and a strong will. (Star)

TRANSFER RUMOURS

Manchester United are confident Bayern Munich will accept their £17m offer Owen Hargreaves. (Times)

Tottenham will turn their attention to Fulham's Steed Malbranque after giving up on signing Middlesbrough's Stewart Downing. (Times)

But Tottenham face competition from West Ham, who are poised to seal a £2m deal for Malbranque. (Sun)

William Gallas says Chelsea's threat to freeze him out of the team will not stop him wanting to leave. (Sun)

Jonathan Woodgate arrives at Teeside Airport on Monday, with Middlesbrough and Newcastle battling to sign him on loan from Real Madrid. (Sun)

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has targeted Juve striker David Trezeguet. (Guardian)

Tottenham still have not given up hope of signing unhappy Wigan defender Pascal Chimbonda. (Mirror)

Manchester City defender Sylvain Distin will see out the final year of his contract at Eastlands. (Mirror)

Manchester United, Blackburn, Bolton, West Ham and Leeds are all tracking £3m-rated IK Start midfielder Kristoffer Haestad. (Mirror)

Kilmarnock boss Jim Jefferies insists he's under no pressure to sell Steven Naismith - now on trial at Arsenal. (Record)

Thomas Gravesen will tell Celtic on Monday afternoon whether he will join them from Real Madrid. (Record)

Nacho Novo will find out on Monday if he has a future at Rangers. (Record)

OTHER GOSSIP

Roy Keane will become the best paid manager outside the Premiership when he takes over at Sunderland on a three-year deal worth £6m. (Star)

And Keane will get £15m to spend on new players at the Stadium of Light. (Sun)

Manchester City defender Ben Thatcher is to undergo a course of anger management. (Mail)

England boss Steve McClaren could upset Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson if he risks the fitness of Rio Ferdinand. (Mail)

FUNNIES

Researchers have revealed that the size and shape of a person's lips determines their personality. Ashley Cole's large mouth and full lips suggest he is an expressive and emotional man with expensive tastes. Wayne Rooney's small mouth and thin lips show independence and a strong will. (Star)

186200[/snapback]

Last year I faxed our head scout about him. I know the family.

Why oh why can't we pay the 3 million for Nugent?  <_<

186220[/snapback]

Nugent may be a good player, but from what I've seen he hasn't got the physical presence we should be looking for. What we need is a big man up front.

Why oh why can't we pay the 3 million for Nugent?  <_<

186220[/snapback]

Nugent may be a good player, but from what I've seen he hasn't got the physical presence we should be looking for. What we need is a big man up front.

186224[/snapback]

You've been watching a different David Nugent.

He reminds me of Dave Kitson whenever I see him, which is a good thing.

Won't be prolific, but better than we have available.

Why oh why can't we pay the 3 million for Nugent?  ;)

186220[/snapback]

186224[/snapback]

<_<

He's got shitloads of physical presence.

Anyone else hoping to hell that Woodgate chooses us over Boro for his loan season? :lol:

186231[/snapback]

I am, I'm also hoping we get another midfielder in, even if it's not Gravesen.

SSN has just reported that Woodgate's expected loan move to Boro is up in the air as it's been confirmed he'll be coming to talk to Newcastle after he's been to the Riverside...

:lol:

SSN has just reported that Woodgate's expected loan move to Boro is up in the air as it's been confirmed he'll be coming to talk to Newcastle after he's been to the Riverside...

186269[/snapback]

Seem to remember another Real player coming in similar circumstances, let's hope it doesn't end the same.

186269[/snapback]

I'm dreading him choosing Boro over us.

Why oh why can't we pay the 3 million for Nugent?  :D

186220[/snapback]

186224[/snapback]

He's got shitloads of physical presence.

186233[/snapback]

You're right, I've just checked and he's actually 5'11''. :rolleyes:

Why oh why can't we pay the 3 million for Nugent?  :lol:

186220[/snapback]

Your not the only one who wishes this :D I still have faint hope that we (Watford) will sign him but i highly doubt we will tbh.

Why oh why can't we pay the 3 million for Nugent?  :rolleyes:

186220[/snapback]

Your not the only one who wishes this :D I still have faint hope that we (Watford) will sign him but i highly doubt we will tbh.

186314[/snapback]

Think Newcaslte's need is far greater tbh. :lol:

Prem's a bit tricky aint it? Not used to seeing Reading get beat. :D

Why oh why can't we pay the 3 million for Nugent?  :lol:

186220[/snapback]

Your not the only one who wishes this ;) I still have faint hope that we (Watford) will sign him but i highly doubt we will tbh.

186314[/snapback]

Think Newcaslte's need is far greater tbh. :D

Prem's a bit tricky aint it? Not used to seeing Reading get beat. :lol:

186378[/snapback]

Yes it is :(:rolleyes: and shit refereeing :lol::D