Mido

Scottish Mag

Newcastle United and Tottenham Hotspur are reportedly fighting it out for Egyptian striker Hossam Mido's services.

The 23-year-old performed impressively in his 18-month loan spell at White Hart Lane from January 2005.

But he has since returned to parent club Roma, turning down the opportunity to join Blackburn Rovers in favour of resurrecting his career at the Stadio Olimpico.

Despite his apparent desire to remain in Serie A the links with English sides refuse to die down.

Rumours of a rift with coach Luciano Spalletti have fuelled the speculation, and the Italians have refused to rule out the possibility that he may return to England.

With the transfer deadline looming large on Thursday, Glenn Roeder and Martin Jol's men could yet make loan move for the Giallorossi striker.

Will Roma be willing to let him go on loan again? How much longer has he got on his contract? Anyone know why Spurs cooled their interest at the end of the season and suddenly want him again?

According to NO's Martin Jol, Mido was a bit of bother on the training ground. Spurs did well to keep it out of the press, butwhen told he wasn't starting the next game, and being asked to play on the subs team in a training exercise, he fucked the toys out of the pram.

I think Spurs had agreed a £3.5m sum for a permanent transfer, but despite playing really well, his attitude seemed to be the problem.

According to NO's Martin Jol, Mido was a bit of bother on the training ground. Spurs did well to keep it out of the press, butwhen told he wasn't starting the next game, and being asked to play on the subs team in a training exercise, he fucked the toys out of the pram.

I think Spurs had agreed a £3.5m sum for a permanent transfer, but despite playing really well, his attitude seemed to be the problem.

186292[/snapback]

He should be first choice starter with Martins, so that wouldn't be much of an issue. A certain odious dwarf would have been the same about starting on the bench, and if that episode taught me anything, it's that we might have to put up with the odd shitty character.

Isn't he (the NO flavour) supposed to be connected to Spurs in some way? They've kept it out of the press and he's blabbing about it on a football forum...genius.

Isn't he (the NO flavour) supposed to be connected to Spurs in some way?  They've kept it out of the press and he's blabbing about it on a football forum...genius.

186298[/snapback]

If by connected you mean he reads Spurs message boards and then repeats what he hears there on N-O then yes, he is very much connected.

Edited by ewerk

If by connected you mean he reads Spurs message boards and then repeats what he hears there on N-O then yes, he is very much connected.

186300[/snapback]

He has at least tried to give the impression that it's more than that.

EDIT: For what it's worth I think Spurs leaked that story to satisfy their fans when they decided not to take him, it was certainly bandied about a bit at the time.

I get the distinct impression that Spurs are only outstripped by Chelsea in their underhanded approach to business in the Premiership.

Edited by ObaGol

186300[/snapback]

He has at least tried to give the impression that it's more than that.

EDIT: For what it's worth I think Spurs leaked that story to satisfy their fans when they decided not to take him, it was certainly bandied about a bit at the time.

I get the distinct impression that Spurs are only outstripped by Chelsea in their underhanded approach to business in the Premiership.

186304[/snapback]

Oh aye he tries to come across as ITK, but then again so do an awful lot of posters on the Spurs boards when they aren't.

So why are Spurs interested in him now if they didn't want him in June? I thought Berbatov was Mido's replacement?

Mido, Keane, Defoe, Keane would make for 2 big, 2 little. The only other striker I can see on their books in Barnard (unless I've missed one?); although how Jol would expect to keep those 4 happy I don't know, sheer fucking arrogance, I'd imagine.

Edited by ObaGol

According to that Martin Jol on NO, when Spurs had a look at him earlier this summer, he turned up for his medical weighing 17 stone. :lol: So if we're looking for the big man small man partnership, he can certainly fill the big man side of things.

Yes i heard Spurs didn't sign him due to self discipline and they wanted to write into the contract he needs to lose a few pounds.

Wasn't he the one that threw the scissors at someone in the Ajax dressing room?

Good player just needs his attitude sorting out i thnk he would be a good signing for your lot.

According to that Martin Jol on NO, when Spurs had a look at him earlier this summer, he turned up for his medical weighing 17 stone. :lol:  So if we're looking for the big man small man partnership, he can certainly fill the big man side of things.

186310[/snapback]

Wonder what he weighs normally, looked pretty fit yesterday...

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/se...0%7c0&p=7&tag=1

NO's Martin Jol said his sister in law was assistant to Levy or someone like that. I always thought he was ok actually.

That's pretty funny that Mido turned up at that weight! He's a mouthy thing though. Had trouble at every club he's been at it seems. Didn't he have a go at his National coach on tv for subbing him in the African Nations or something last year?

I thought he was really good at Spurs last season though, scored a good few goals, won almost everything in the air, and set-up some goals too.

If he was available for a reasonable price(I'm not sure how much Blackburn bid for him), or on a season-long loan, he could be a good addition.

He's no JFH, however.

:lol:

Sorry, I've just had a search on NO to see what MJ, the official Spurs ITK, was saying. He's since changed his tune on the weight issue and claimed that Spurs were getting him for free for another season with Roma paying half his wages. It was pointed out that he'd claimed Mido was an Angel, then a trouble maker, then a fat good-for-nothing, then an angels again; this was also claimed to backup the point that they could not possibly have any interest in Oba, who didn't look very good anyway. :lol:

I also saw a recent post from him, happy that they were signing Duff for around 10m and that Carrick was staying. Poor bastard. :D

Barney, seriously man, open your eyes!

Sorry, I've just had a search on NO to see what MJ, the official Spurs ITK, was saying.  He's since changed his tune on the weight issue and claimed that Spurs were getting him for free for another season with Roma paying half his wages.  It was pointed out that he'd claimed Mido was an Angel, then a trouble maker, then a fat good-for-nothing, then an angels again; this was also claimed to backup the point that they could not possibly have any interest in Oba, who didn't look very good anyway. :lol:

I also saw a recent post from him, happy that they were signing Duff for around 10m and that Carrick was staying.  Poor bastard.  :D

186317[/snapback]

:rolleyes:

Sorry, I've just had a search on NO to see what MJ, the official Spurs ITK, was saying.  He's since changed his tune on the weight issue and claimed that Spurs were getting him for free for another season with Roma paying half his wages.  It was pointed out that he'd claimed Mido was an Angel, then a trouble maker, then a fat good-for-nothing, then an angels again; this was also claimed to backup the point that they could not possibly have any interest in Oba, who didn't look very good anyway. :lol:

I also saw a recent post from him, happy that they were signing Duff for around 10m and that Carrick was staying.  Poor bastard.  :D

186317[/snapback]

Ha!

I must have missed all of that obviously! The main things I had seen from him were bits of information about Zakora going to Spurs, and Carrick going to manyoo after the World Cup. I don't remember hearing anything concrete elsewhere at the time, so he seemed fairly well informed about some of the deals.

186317[/snapback]

Ha!

I must have missed all of that obviously! The main things I had seen from him were bits of information about Zakora going to Spurs, and Carrick going to manyoo after the World Cup. I don't remember hearing anything concrete elsewhere at the time, so he seemed fairly well informed about some of the deals.

186321[/snapback]

As well informed as wullie tbh

186317[/snapback]

Ha!

186321[/snapback]

As well informed as wullie tbh

186323[/snapback]

Extremely well?

ROLFlol11111

186317[/snapback]

He's posted on there pretending to be his son (hoping that he won't get any shit for Spurs awful performances lately no doubt) saying that Mido wants to go to Spurs over us even though we've offered double the wages! :rolleyes:

He's a fucking weirdo that bloke.

It seems like Mido is off to Spurs in a perminant deal with defender Lee going the other way.

186317[/snapback]

He's posted on there pretending to be his son (hoping that he won't get any shit for Spurs awful performances lately no doubt) saying that Mido wants to go to Spurs over us even though we've offered double the wages! :rolleyes:

He's a fucking weirdo that bloke.

It seems like Mido is off to Spurs in a perminant deal with defender Lee going the other way.

186458[/snapback]

:D He's ITK though :lol:

Yes i heard Spurs didn't sign him due to self discipline and they wanted to write into the contract he needs to lose a few pounds.

Wasn't he the one that threw the scissors at someone in the Ajax dressing room?

Good player just needs his attitude sorting out i thnk he would be a good signing for your lot.

186311[/snapback]

That was Ibrahimovic I think...