North East top dogs

Sima

1999/2000

Sunderland = 7th

Newcastle = 11th

2000/2001

Sunderland = 7th

Newcastle = 11th

He obviously means in terms of buying England internationals and filling the ground :lol:

186955[/snapback]

yep, you're right I forgot about monkey heeds few years.....

Didn't last though ;)

Actually, I forgot about those few years when I was thinking of their best players too - obviously - as Sewperkev should have played for better clubs when they went downwards again - like us !!!!!

186995[/snapback]

Ive got a couple on board but surely that is just gibberish

187078[/snapback]

I haven't got a clue what your on about mate.....

but if you are saying the Kevin Phillips wasn't a good striker who should have moved on from the mackems, I disagree, I think he was one of the best in the country at that time.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1999/2000

Sunderland = 7th

Newcastle = 11th

2000/2001

Sunderland = 7th

Newcastle = 11th

He obviously means in terms of buying England internationals and filling the ground :lol:

186955[/snapback]

Didn't last though ;)

Actually, I forgot about those few years when I was thinking of their best players too - obviously - as Sewperkev should have played for better clubs when they went downwards again - like us !!!!!

186995[/snapback]

187078[/snapback]

but if you are saying the Kevin Phillips wasn't a good striker who should have moved on from the mackems, I disagree, I think he was one of the best in the country at that time.

187891[/snapback]

Best example of a one season wonder though isn't he.

1999/2000

Sunderland = 7th

Newcastle = 11th

2000/2001

Sunderland = 7th

Newcastle = 11th

186955[/snapback]

Didn't last though ;)

186995[/snapback]

187078[/snapback]

187891[/snapback]

187904[/snapback]

2, plus a couple in the 1st division.

I just think he should have moved on, rather than stay at the mackems while they went downwards. If we had signed him, he would have done well as cover for Bellamy and Shearer as 3rd striker, and with other clubs would have played more.

I liked him, I thought he was sharp, strong, determined and good in the box [although his missus might have said something about that if you believe the rumours .... ]

Edited by LeazesMag

1999/2000

Sunderland = 7th

Newcastle = 11th

2000/2001

Sunderland = 7th

Newcastle = 11th

186955[/snapback]

Didn't last though ;)

186995[/snapback]

187078[/snapback]

187891[/snapback]

187904[/snapback]

2, plus a couple in the 1st division.

I just think he should have moved on, rather than stay at the mackems while they went downwards. If we had signed him, he would have done well as cover for Bellamy and Shearer as 3rd striker, and with other clubs would have played more.

I liked him, I thought he was sharp, strong, determined and good in the box [although his missus might have said something about that if you believe the rumours .... ]

187917[/snapback]

I agree about Phillips. Much better than alot of toon fans give him credit for because he played for the Mackems and had he moved at the right time when he was at his best and played for a good side he'd have had another 3 or so seasons of prolific goal scoring i imagine.