Anyone on here..............

bobbyshinton

AS9 on NO used to have some quotes in his sig from members there which amounted to them admitting they were gay.

On another note, i see stonewall and Man city have teamed up to rid football of homophobia.

Do Man city have a pink away strip or something? The original Juventus colours apparently.

AS9 on NO used to have some quotes in his sig from members there which amounted to them admitting they were gay.

On another note, i see stonewall and Man city have teamed up to rid football of homophobia.

Do Man city have a pink away strip or something? The original Juventus colours apparently.

186844[/snapback]

That's right re: Juve I think. The black and white one was due to some mix up with Notts County iirc.

Gay Gordons were they called that cos they wore skirts?

Batchelor Gay that could change with same-sex marriage!

Gay Blade that's wot they used to call womenizers fer gawds sake.

Gay Old Time best not say that nowadays, it may raise eyebrows.

Why did the word GAY come to mean something other than it was designed for?

186924[/snapback]

It's evolution of the language and it happens all the time. It's fairly common for words to end up meaning completely the opposite of what they have before.

In this case the tag was originally to do with their general sexual promiscuity, to put it bluntly.

186924[/snapback]

It's evolution of the language and it happens all the time. It's fairly common for words to end up meaning completely the opposite of what they have before.

186931[/snapback]

My Webster's dictionary is circa 1970.

Queer:(origin unknown) 1a; differing in some odd way from what is usual or normal. b; Eccentric, unconventional. c; Obsessed. d; sexually deviate, homosexual.

2a; worthless, counterfeit. b; questionable, suspicious.

3, not quite well.

Perhaps a new innovative word other than 'gay' should have been used or just left it the way it was.

Male and female homosexuals are known as 'Gays' and it doesn't differentiate between gender, so why are they referred to as 'gays & lesbians' in print and in the media?? I've often wondered about that.

True, it's a strange evolution, but I don't know of any lesbians who'd choose the word "gay" to describe themselves. I suppose it's become more aligned with male homosexuals as an adjective/noun and they like being all butch about it. :lol:

Because 'Gay' tends to refer to homosexual men in common usage? In the UK it does anyway.

187164[/snapback]

That maybe true but here in California when referring to someone's sexual orientation in a conversation it's quite common to say; "She's gay or He's gay", it's less common to say "She's a lesbian"