Anyone recycle

bobbyshinton

We used to until the box was left and there was paper in the street, up trees, wrapped round lamposts. :lol:

I think it is a good idea, but the method of collection is wrong

186537[/snapback]

Everyone does it over here, but it's something of a farce, they were getting people to separate the recyclables and then dumping them all in together, pissed some people off. Where we are now, no one seems to know where the bin for the plastics is, so we're just throwing it out at the moment, must look into that.

Getting better, though.

The first week we got the shitty little boxes we all did it and the street had never looked so untidy, litter blew everywhere and then some people lost their boxes all together as they blew away. Need to give us a proper recycling wheely bin.

All mine goes in other people's bins so I'm not too bothered about getting fined for having the wrong rubbish in my bin. I've had to ring the council and order a new wheelie bin a few times - every time I get one, I have it for a few days and then some dick nicks it (WHY?!) so I just use whoever's bin is closer.

And nope, I don't recycle. If I had a proper bin for it (and it didn't get nicked), I would, but those boxes are useless. Which council retard came up with that idea?

North Tyneside Council is shit though. Anyway, people won't recycle unless it's made easier - FACT! Those boxes are too small for one thing - mine is full by the end of the fortnight and there is only me and my lass. And they come on a Monday so if it's a Bank Holiday they don't come for a month. And fining people for putting the wrong rubbish in bins will just lead to fly tipping (or putting stuff in your neighbour's bin :lol: ) imo.

I did it years ago when I lived in Austria but then they were a bit more organised. Bins with different comaprtments and different coloured bags for plastics, paper etc. It was a piece of piss to follow.

Never got to use my South Tyneside council supplied plaggy crate.... it blew away before I got the chance

We've just got new bins for recycling. Still a bit shit though. Each bin gets emptied on alternate weeks. It's not the greatest idea especially when they weather has been hot and the "normal" bin get a bit smelly after 2 weeks. Plus we're going through shit loads of plastic bags as they want all the different things kept together i.e. all cardboard together, all the tins together.

On top of that they say they want the glass put out in the little green box we had before but the fuckers haven't emptied ours since we got the bins.

In Reading they are changing the collection so that recycling/normal rubbish rotate week to week.

We got big recycling wheelie bins to make sure there was enough room.

Seems like a good idea, however I have good intentions but am a bit lazy when it comes to seperating the rubbish. Sure I'll adapt though..

We've got a garden waste bin, a normal bin and a small black box for bottles, papers and cans. Bit crap really. We're justing getting around the idea of taking the lables off the cans and sticking them in the dishwasher before putting them in that bin.

Does my head in though, piles of paper growing until put them in the bin.

I don't have any fancy bins, bags or crates to put my recycling in; I just have to take it to the supermarket with me. It's very silly, though, there's no place to recycle plastic bags (I remember shopping with my mum and there used to be such a thing) so the normal bin is packed full of them.

I do, but the boxes aren't that great. We've managed to acquire an extra one, and we still fill them both by the time recycling day comes around. And we usually have to stick newspapers beside them separately. The boxes are a pain in the arse. The recycling wagon comes down the front, because it's too big to go down the back lane. But the only place we have to store the boxes is in our back yard. That means bring the boxes through the house to put out the front on recycling, which isn't great if it's been raining.

Other areas have an extra wheelie bin, which means a normal bin wagon can be used and it gets sorted out at the recycling plant rather than in the wagon on the street. It would also mean the wagon could come down the back lane like the normal bin wagon does.

Edited by Tom_NUFC