Immigration

Kevin Carr's Gloves

What do you mean "properly"

set up a large Govt dept, loads of civil servants, thousands of forms and call it the Home Office?

186713[/snapback]

Is having a department that's meant to deal with things not doing it's job very well how you'd define controlling something properly then?

• 4 years later...
Cam: I will cap Immigration

Cameron_Jon-Gaunt_6_851834a.jpg

Talking tough ... David Cameron tells Jon Gaunt he will tackle uncontrolled immigration

DAVID Cameron vowed to cap "damaging" uncontrolled immigration today.

Mr Cameron's hard-line stance came as a poll said more than 8 out of 10 Britons want an immigration cap with the UK population predicted to hit 70million.

July 2009 - http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/...mmigration.html

I love Gaunty!

David Cameron today sought to reassure Britain's business leaders that the coalition will not block them from recruiting highly skilled staff from around the world when a permanent cap on non-EU immigration is introduced next year.

Amid fears among leading British businesses that the cap will put them at a competitive disadvantage, the prime minister told the Confederation of British Industry that he would adopt a flexible approach.

Today - http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/oc...immigration-cap

So he's assured the The Sun readers there'll be a cap and assured the FT readers there won't be.

you can please all of the people, just not all of the time.

What do you mean "properly"

set up a large Govt dept, loads of civil servants, thousands of forms and call it the Home Office?

you're envious of civil servants aren't you Rob ?

Cam: I will cap Immigration

Cameron_Jon-Gaunt_6_851834a.jpg

Talking tough ... David Cameron tells Jon Gaunt he will tackle uncontrolled immigration

DAVID Cameron vowed to cap "damaging" uncontrolled immigration today.

Mr Cameron's hard-line stance came as a poll said more than 8 out of 10 Britons want an immigration cap with the UK population predicted to hit 70million.

July 2009 - http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/...mmigration.html

I love Gaunty!

David Cameron today sought to reassure Britain's business leaders that the coalition will not block them from recruiting highly skilled staff from around the world when a permanent cap on non-EU immigration is introduced next year.

Amid fears among leading British businesses that the cap will put them at a competitive disadvantage, the prime minister told the Confederation of British Industry that he would adopt a flexible approach.

Today - http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/oc...immigration-cap

So he's assured the The Sun readers there'll be a cap and assured the FT readers there won't be.

you can please all of the people, just not all of the time.

That Dave the Chameleon party political broadcast looks strangely prophetic.

well the ones I've met are hardworking folk who only want to do well for themselves and to give their kids a better chance

I'd take a street full of immigrants anytime over a random selection from the Meadowell Estate

LM in 5....4....3....2...1....

obsessed....

Was that countdown in years?

Sima disappears for ages then pops up again in a thread about immigration...

Check the dates man.

I meant it's the only time he responds to me