Bob Dylan New album

bobbyshinton

Happy Face will have it.  He's probably taken today off work to listen to it tbh. :lol:

186709[/snapback]

N-O "New Albums" thread already has 3 pages of posts from me on Dylan.

I'll limit myself to this...

It's good, but not as good as the critics would have you think with their spunking all over the shop, not in the least bit semenal or indeed seminal, just very good. I particularly loved the rhyme 'Gonna raise me an army, some tough sons of bitches, I'll recruit my army from the orphanages'.

• 7 months later...

Anyone going tonight? The Arena is terrible, but his recent set lists have got me very excited all of a sudden.

http://my.execpc.com/~billp61/dates.html#cur

Cat's In The Well

John Brown

Lonesome Death of Hattie Carrol

If he does any of those 3 and I'll be leaving a happy man. Odd's on for the first, fingers crossed for either of the others.

Guest Patrokles
Happy Face will have it. He's probably taken today off work to listen to it tbh. :lol:

186709[/snapback]

N-O "New Albums" thread already has 3 pages of posts from me on Dylan.

I'll limit myself to this...

It's good, but not as good as the critics would have you think with their spunking all over the shop, not in the least bit semenal or indeed seminal, just very good. I particularly loved the rhyme 'Gonna raise me an army, some tough sons of bitches, I'll recruit my army from the orphanages'.

You've just described every single Dylan album. :D:D

I went to see him last night and im still smiling... he was awesome!!!

Did all along the watch tower, a really good version of desolation row and even did masters of war..

im made up for life!

:D:lol:

Did all along the watch tower, a really good version of desolation row and even did masters of war..

im made up for life!

It's alright ma was astoundingly good, but the highlight was Nettie Moore, I've never seen an audience in such rapt attention. Best he's been in his last 4 visits to the toon.

im made up for life!

It's alright ma was astoundingly good, but the highlight was Nettie Moore, I've never seen an audience in such rapt attention. Best he's been in his last 4 visits to the toon.

knickers creamed...get over it :D

im made up for life!

I've just seen the greatest singer/songwriter of the last 4 generations play the best gig I've seen from him.

It'll take more than a day to scrub the cream from my knickers.

im made up for life!

I've just seen the greatest singer/songwriter of the last 4 generations play the best gig I've seen from him.

am really happy for you HP, but have always heard he was shit live . hence the creamed comment :)

im made up for life!

am really happy for you HP, but have always heard he was shit live . hence the creamed comment :)

That's the misconception.

I've always enjoyed his shows. He REALLY mixes up the delivery of songs so that the casual observer hasn't got a clue that he's doing one of his greatest hits. The last few times I've seen him the crowd hasn't gone along with it and as much as I've liked it, the atomsphere wasn't there. But this time people seeemed happy to listen rather than insisting on a singalong, and the gig was all the better for it.

I can't imagine anyone who only has his greatest hits having a good time, but for the Dylan aficionado it's superb to hear a totally new rendition of classic tracks.

im made up for life!

That's the misconception.

I've always enjoyed his shows. He REALLY mixes up the delivery of songs so that the casual observer hasn't got a clue that he's doing one of his greatest hits. The last few times I've seen him the crowd hasn't gone along with it and as much as I've liked it, the atomsphere wasn't there. But this time people seeemed happy to listen rather than insisting on a singalong, and the gig was all the better for it.

I can't imagine anyone who only has his greatest hits having a good time, but for the Dylan aficionado it's superb to hear a totally new rendition of classic tracks.

:( happy you enjoyed the gig....maaate of mine was there and was on the same plane as you by all accounts ....

• 11 months later...
Dylan wins special Pulitzer Prize

Dylan is the first rock musician to be receive a Pulitzer Prize

Singer-songwriter Bob Dylan has received an honorary Pulitzer Prize for his "profound impact on popular music and American culture".

The special music award recognised the 66-year-old's "lyrical compositions of extraordinary poetic power".

Prize administrator Sig Gissler said the honour "reflects the efforts of the Pulitzer board to broaden the scope of the music prize".

Other recipients included US playwright Tracy Letts and novelist Junot Diaz.

The awards, named after newspaper publisher Joseph Pulitzer, carry a prize of $10,000 (£5,053).

Previous recipients of the special musical Pulitzer include jazz icon John Coltrane, composer George Gershwin and science-fiction author Ray Bradbury.

Dylan's award marks the first time the panel has recognised a rock musician.

The prize, said Mr Gissler, signalled the award body's intention to "encompass the full range of excellence in American music".

According to publisher Simon & Schuster, Dylan is currently working on a second volume of memoirs

:lol:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Dear Friends,

We at Columbia Records are happy to announce the October 13 release of Bob Dylan's brand new album of holiday songs, Christmas In The Heart.

christmas_cover.jpg

Christmas In The Heart will be the 47th album from Bob Dylan, and follows his worldwide chart-topping Together Through Life, released earlier this year. Songs performed by Dylan on this new album include, "Here Comes Santa Claus," "Winter Wonderland," "Little Drummer Boy" and "Must Be Santa."

All of Bob Dylan's U.S. royalties from sales of these recordings will be donated to Feeding America, guaranteeing that more than four million meals will be provided to more than 1.4 million people in need in this country during this year's holiday season. Bob Dylan is also donating all of his future U.S. royalties from this album to Feeding America in perpetuity.

Additionally, Bob Dylan is partnering with two international charities to provide meals during the holidays for millions in need in the United Kingdom and the developing world, and will be donating all of his future international royalties from Christmas In The Heart to those organizations in perpetuity. Details regarding the international partnerships will be announced next week.

Bob Dylan commented, "It's a tragedy that more than 35 million people in this country alone -- 12 million of those children -- often go to bed hungry and wake up each morning unsure of where their next meal is coming from. I join the good people of Feeding America in the hope that our efforts can bring some food security to people in need during this holiday season."

http://www.amazon.com/Bob-Dylan/e/B000AP7N...ntt_mus_gen_pel

Legend.