Best excuse you have ever used to be off work

bobbyshinton

Once rang in and said I was locked in the house :D

boring compared to yours?

186826[/snapback]

Where I used to work someone rang in for a half-day's sick once :lol:

One of my mates who is not only a chess master, member of MENSA and once got through to the grand final of 15 to 1 rang in work and said he had bird flu.

Apparently he does a shitty night job and they cant get anyone else so they put up with the numbskull.

I once woke up on a monday and lay in bed for a couple of hours until i remembered it was monday and had to ring in sheepishly at 10 saying i was ill and couldnt possibly come to work.

Miscarriage

186970[/snapback]

eh? what did you miscarry - a turd?

186973[/snapback]

Aye, right into my trunks :lol:

186976[/snapback]

Thank christ for that!

after i typed it i thought 'shit - what if he means his lass' :D

I need an excuse considering I want to go to the Toon v Reading match at SJP, which would mean I miss a day or two (or week) of school.  :lol:

186982[/snapback]

He said WORK Brock.

I need an excuse considering I want to go to the Toon v Reading match at SJP, which would mean I miss a day or two (or week) of school.  :lol:

186982[/snapback]

He said WORK Brock.

187046[/snapback]

Pffft. Condescending git.

I once slept in when I lived at my parents and claimed British Gas were digging up the road outside the driveway, thus I couldn't get my car out.

We used to have a rather strange boss here, bit of a loner and geeky, my office is basically lasses and they used to ring in sick with 'women's troubles' all the time knowing he really didn't want to know about it. They used to go home early with the same thing, as he'd be too embarrassed to question it.

I've never used anything particularly strange. I've claimed the house was flooded and that I had to get an emergency plumber out. This was a good one, because a few days later when I didn't fancy going in again, I claimed the problem had come back.