Wednesday's gossip column

Scottish Mag

TRANSFER RUMOURS

Manchester United have emerged as favourites to sign Corinthians' £25m-rated Argentine World Cup star Carlos Tevez. (Daily Star)

Sir Alex Ferguson is also in the hunt for Tevez's Corinthians and Argentina team-mate Javier Mascherano, a combative midfielder. (The Sun)

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill is preparing a £9m bid for Tottenham striker Jermain Defoe. (Daily Mirror)

Newcastle boss Glenn Roeder wants to sign Middlesbrough's Mark Viduka to bolster his forward options. (The Times)

Watford could be set to make a shock £1m bid for Sheffield United striker Ade Akinbiyi. (Daily Mirror)

OTHER GOSSIP

Sunderland boss Roy Keane launched his managerial career with an apology to Man Utd boss Sir Alex Ferguson. (Various)

Man Utd winger Cristiano Ronaldo claims he wants to emulate the success of Old Trafford legend George Best. (Daily Mirror)

Incidentally, Villa have supposedly made a bid for Saviola and are considering making a move for Tevez. Now who knows if they have a chance of getting either of them, but what I do know is that I don't want fat cat millionaires like that at MY club.

Is there anyone that still doesn't want us to become a Sheik's plaything?

Incidentally, Villa have supposedly made a bid for Saviola and are considering making a move for Tevez.  Now who knows if they have a chance of getting either of them, but what I do know is that I don't want fat cat millionaires like that at MY club.

Is there anyone that still doesn't want us to become a Sheik's plaything?

187108[/snapback]

Only the sooooooperfans tbh

They are a greasy americans plaything though!

Id have Viduka tbh. Hes had a good coupkle of seasons and seems to be less injury prone at the minute.

187143[/snapback]

As opposed to a greasy scrap metal dealer's plaything?

When Hasselbaink was going cheap, Roeder didn't even know who Martins was. :lol:

187153[/snapback]

He was always our number one target though, and he fits the bill of having Premiership experience and so on :D

Edited by alex

He certainly knows where the goal is, but his attitude is, to say the least, dodgy.  Needs to lose a stone but still seems to have a hellish quick turn and shot on him for being the size of a bull elephant

187214[/snapback]

Have seen little of him since the World Cup, but he was in great shape during the summer..