Roeder eyeing Pyramid formation?

Scottish Mag

From .com

The website of Cairo-based side Al-Ahly claimed on Tuesday that central defender Wael Gomaa (pictured in red) was currently training with Newcastle.

31 year-old Gomaa travelled to the UK over the weekend for a planned trial with Blackburn  - Bolton and Charlton also having expressed an interest in the Egyptian international.

However, the recent arrival of defender Andre Ooijer at Ewood Park looks to have seen interest in Gomaa from Rovers weaken and his European-based agent seek pastures new for his client.

The player told an Arab news station on Tuesday evening:   

"I trained with Newcastle's first team and put on a good show.

Al-Ahly claim that Gomaa will train with United again before heading back to Cairo, where he will link up with the Egyptian national side ahead of Saturday's fixture against Burundi.

However they have sought to down play the chances of any move at this stage, speculating that it could happen next January, if at all.

Newcastle have made no comment at all.

Gomaa moved to the Egyptian side known as the Red Devils from Ghazl El-Mahala 2001 and was part of the side who won the African Cup of Nations earlier this year.

His participation in the final was limited to the opening 20 minutes before injury saw him withdrawn though, watching from the sidelines as the host nation eventually beat the Ivory Coast on penalties.

Utter joke, never heard of him and old. We would of been better off signing Sol Campbell, I'm starting to become very worried with the close of the transfer window so close.

187099[/snapback]

You're only starting to become very worried? :lol:

And Campbell (along with Hasselbaink) should have been a definite purchase this summer :D

Apparently this camel-jockey is 31 years old, surely we should be looking at people with a longer shelf-life :lol:

187113[/snapback]

Erm, he's only on fucking trial fella's, and he probably won't be signing.

Don't lower yourselves to N-O levels.

Apparently this camel-jockey is 31 years old, surely we should be looking at people with a longer shelf-life :lol:

187113[/snapback]

187120[/snapback]

Rocker man, judging by the story, the bloke has just turned up in England, discovered he's no longer wanted at Blackburn, and has all but just tipped up at our training ground and said "Any chance of a game lads?". I think people are entitled to be a bit sceptcial about how much we know about the bloke, about his age, and about whether he's any good.

187113[/snapback]

187120[/snapback]

Rocker man, judging by the story, the bloke has just turned up in England, discovered he's no longer wanted at Blackburn, and has all but just tipped up at our training ground and said "Any chance of a game lads?". I think people are entitled to be a bit sceptcial about how much we know about the bloke, about his age, and about whether he's any good.

187123[/snapback]

Aye, but its a trial, I bet we have loads of players on trial all the time, like the notorious couple at the open day. If he's not good enough for dogshit like Blackburn and Bolton or whatever, then why would Roeder think he was good enought for us?

A trial is exactly what it says on the tin, he's back in the sands now, and I doubt very much he'll be back in the toon.

From,

Johan Lachor...

Edited by NewcastleRocker