39 hours and 19 minutes

Gemmill

Of the transfer window remain. Are we allowed to be worried yet, Dotbum? :lol:

It's pretty clear to see that we've messed this one up lads. For the second season in a row.

It started with:

"We won't be buying anyone until after the World Cup."

which was followed by:

"The transfer window is open til August, I'm confident we can have people in by then."

closely followed by:

"We're in pole position on a number of player"

and has culminated with:

"Well.......with only a couple of days to go, anyone with any sense has their squads finalised and isn't keen on selling their players which is making things difficult........but really, who could have known that this would happen???"

In the meantime, clubs have snapped up players left, right and centre - Anelka, Trabelsi, Hasselbaink, Campbell, etc. etc. I hate having to be Mr. Miserable about this, but what a complete and utter mess we've made of this transfer window.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We've only seriously been linked to Woodgate, Huth, and Gravesen in the last couple of days, and all of them seem certain to sign for someone else. On SSN this morning we were linked with no-one, not even a rumour. It's looking GREAT.

I'll be more than a little surprised if we sign anyone before the window closes, certainly looks like another cock-up by the powers that be.

I think anything or anyone now would be a panic buy and we'd probably end up with another dud like Luque & Boumsong.

Aye, I'd actually rather we just leave it now rather than panic buy someone shite for over the odds and on big wages.

Ifffffffffffffffffffffffffffff...you're happy and you know it clap your hands...all together now...

Aye funnily enough I reckon Southgate will be unwilling to sell one of his strikers with one day of the window to go. I HATE IT when managers get all possessive about their players on the last day of the transfer window. What are they thinking?!

Anyone work out why we actually sold Boumsong? I know he's shit an' all, but surely he's better cover than nobody?

I thought we sold him because we had a replacement lined up....

187144[/snapback]

Selling players with a plan up your sleeves. How dare you.

Liverpool seem to be in for Lucas Neill, I'm ashamed to say that I would actually be interested in getting him here.

187206[/snapback]

Canny player (thought that before the world cup too :lol: ), can do a job at RB and CB. Bit of a thug like. We were linked with him earlier in the summer weren't we?

Liverpool seem to be in for Lucas Neill, I'm ashamed to say that I would actually be interested in getting him here.

187206[/snapback]

Canny player (thought that before the world cup too :lol: ), can do a job at RB and CB. Bit of a thug like. We were linked with him earlier in the summer weren't we?

187209[/snapback]

Would play across the back, plays that aggresive thug role anywhere you want. I remember being linked last summer but not this time though I could well be wrong.

Our main problem IMO is that the club think they're a bigger player than they actually are. They're overlooking good players, for the exceptional ones who, in a delusional sort of way, the people running NUFC seem to think will jump at the chance of joining us...

I have no doubt that we'll make some stupid bid for a big name player and if it comes off, they'll think they've won us over and 'showed us their ambition'...

We need to improve the squad, not paper over the cracks with one big name signing who, lets face it, will either become crocked or will look less effective than they actually are because the rest of the team doesn't have the talent to support them.

We need a fucking chairman who sticks to simply being the chairman too :lol:

When the season ended, I was quite confident Roeder and Shepherd would make the most of this transfer window. What a shambles.

187217[/snapback]

Were you? My major fear over Roeder taking over was the fact that we'd struggle in the transfer market. I was under the impression that Shearer was to be involved in getting players to sign, yet no mention of him at all this summer. Wonder why?

I've got absolutely no faith in either Roeder or the fat man when it comes to things like this.

I think its been a case of Shepherd not wanting to be ripped off with expensive flops like he was with Souness and Roeder being over-cautious in deciding who he wants. Either way its a fucking mockery and both should be hung, drawn and quartered.

When the season ended, I was quite confident Roeder and Shepherd would make the most of this transfer window. What a shambles.

187217[/snapback]

Were you? My major fear over Roeder taking over was the fact that we'd struggle in the transfer market. I was under the impression that Shearer was to be involved in getting players to sign, yet no mention of him at all this summer. Wonder why?

I've got absolutely no faith in either Roeder or the fat man when it comes to things like this.

187218[/snapback]

Precisely...

After all the good work he did last summer in getting the likes of Owen, Parker and Solano on board, plus the announcement of his postion of :lol: Sporting Ambassador :D , I thought that was a given...

Are we paying him a wage? :rolleyes:

I think its been a case of Shepherd not wanting to be ripped off with expensive flops like he was with Souness and Roeder being over-cautious in deciding who he wants. Either way its a fucking mockery and both should be hung, drawn and quartered.

187222[/snapback]

This is firmly and squarely on FFS as far as I am concerned. The roots of it lie in his Robson sacking (timing), Souness appointment and associated transfer dealings, we are now reaping the "benefits" of that.

Roeder will have given FFS his shopping list and FFS has not delivered for whatever reason.

I am not going to hang another manager (who has done very well so far BTW) out to dry. This situation and this season will be, for me, squarely on the common denominator of the piece :lol:

Edited by Toonpack