39 hours and 19 minutes

Gemmill

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

When the season ended, I was quite confident Roeder and Shepherd would make the most of this transfer window. What a shambles.

187217[/snapback]

Were you? My major fear over Roeder taking over was the fact that we'd struggle in the transfer market. I was under the impression that Shearer was to be involved in getting players to sign, yet no mention of him at all this summer. Wonder why?

I've got absolutely no faith in either Roeder or the fat man when it comes to things like this.

187218[/snapback]

Precisely...

After all the good work he did last summer in getting the likes of Owen, Parker and Solano on board, plus the announcement of his postion of :lol: Sporting Ambassador :D , I thought that was a given...

Are we paying him a wage? :rolleyes:

187224[/snapback]

I think Shearer can be as involved at the club as he wants to be and at the present he doesn't want to be too involved. I've got no proof or owt, just how I see it.

Roeder will have given FFS his shopping list and FFS has not delivered for whatever reason.

187225[/snapback]

Roeder clearly hadn't made out a definitive shopping list, he wanted PL experience and we got Martins and the fact that he was still scouting Kuyt the day before he signed for Liverpool are two examples of why he clearly hasn't been prepared for this transfer window.

When the season ended, I was quite confident Roeder and Shepherd would make the most of this transfer window. What a shambles.

187217[/snapback]

Were you? My major fear over Roeder taking over was the fact that we'd struggle in the transfer market. I was under the impression that Shearer was to be involved in getting players to sign, yet no mention of him at all this summer. Wonder why?

I've got absolutely no faith in either Roeder or the fat man when it comes to things like this.

187218[/snapback]

Precisely...

After all the good work he did last summer in getting the likes of Owen, Parker and Solano on board, plus the announcement of his postion of :lol: Sporting Ambassador :D , I thought that was a given...

187224[/snapback]

I think Shearer can be as involved at the club as he wants to be and at the present he doesn't want to be too involved. I've got no proof or owt, just how I see it.

187229[/snapback]

I'm with you on that one, I just wonder if Fred was hoping to use him for that purpose.

187217[/snapback]

187218[/snapback]

Precisely...

187224[/snapback]

187229[/snapback]

Not just you, the fact that Roeder has said he's allowed to "drop in" to training whenever he feels like shows that he pretty much has the run of the place and can come and go as he sees fit. Not exactly ideal for stability.

Roeder will have given FFS his shopping list and FFS has not delivered for whatever reason.

187225[/snapback]

Roeder clearly hadn't made out a definitive shopping list, he wanted PL experience and we got Martins and the fact that he was still scouting Kuyt the day before he signed for Liverpool are two examples of why he clearly hasn't been prepared for this transfer window.

187230[/snapback]

So FFS gets a free pass once again. Perhaps, just perhaps, Roeder's strategy (or lack of it) were down to "instructions from above" - like hang on Glenn we're skint (and how did that happen??). Owen getting crocked threw a total spanner in the works and absolutely would have altered the strategy (I use the term loosely) if not blown it completely out of the water.

Give it a month and we'll (metaphoric "we"- I won't) be baying for Roeders blood :lol:

Roeder out :D

By the way, we've not bought any England Internationals this year. Slipping Freddie!

187236[/snapback]

The Ashley Cole 'mega-bid' will be announced in a short while! :lol:

187225[/snapback]

187230[/snapback]

So FFS gets a free pass once again. Perhaps, just perhaps, Roeder's strategy (or lack of it) were down to "instructions from above" - like hang on Glenn we're skint (and how did that happen??). Owen getting crocked threw a total spanner in the works and absolutely would have altered the strategy (I use the term loosely) if not blown it completely out of the water.

Give it a month and we'll (metaphoric "we"- I won't) be baying for Roeders blood :lol:

187246[/snapback]

I really hoped we'd appoint a manager who had the balls to do things his own way. Sadly not.

187225[/snapback]

187230[/snapback]

187246[/snapback]

I'm not saying FS is blameless but Roeder hasn't appeared to be in any hurry over the summer to sign anyone. The majority of our shopping should have been done prior to pre-season starting, the WC was irrelevant IMO as a way of judging players' ability so Roeder should have had his list of top targets before the season even finished.

187225[/snapback]

187230[/snapback]

187246[/snapback]

I'm not saying FS is blameless but Roeder hasn't appeared to be in any hurry over the summer to sign anyone. The majority of our shopping should have been done prior to pre-season starting, the WC was irrelevant IMO as a way of judging players' ability so Roeder should have had his list of top targets before the season even finished.

187263[/snapback]

Probably didn't think he'd need bother because he didn't think he'd have the job.

187225[/snapback]

187230[/snapback]

187246[/snapback]

I really hoped we'd appoint a manager who had the balls to do things his own way. Sadly not.

187252[/snapback]

The inverse of the job description I reckon. Roeder's done well so far and I like the bloke but I see him as a 'Yes' man.

What a complete farce this is...!

The chairman has delivered in the past. It's his job to get the players the manager wants, but manger has to be 100% sure while making it very clear to the chairman he wants that player. Keeping Luque and giving him the number 7 says it all about Glenn, IMO. All the talk from Roeder suggests he's lacking ambition and confidence in himself as a manger to attract high profile players.

He needs to give himself a slap and wake up because he's manager of Newcastle United where expectations are always high and we're losing out because we've left it till last minute. The pressure is on the chairman more than anything now so doesn’t be surprised if we bid stupid money for one high profile signing.

The pressure is on the chairman more than anything now so doesn’t be surprised if we bid stupid money for one high profile signing.

187276[/snapback]

;)

I have the "What a surprise!" post ready and waiting.... :lol:

What a complete farce this is...!

The chairman has delivered in the past. It's his job to get the players the manager wants, but manger has to be 100% sure while making it very clear to the chairman he wants that player. Keeping Luque and giving him the number 7 says it all about Glenn, IMO. All the talk from Roeder suggests he's lacking ambition and confidence in himself as a manger to attract high profile players.

He needs to give himself a slap and wake up because he's manager of Newcastle United where expectations are always high and we're losing out because we've left it till last minute. The pressure is on the chairman more than anything now so doesn’t be surprised if we bid stupid money for one high profile signing.

187276[/snapback]

In fairness to Roeder, I think he would have been more than happy to offload Luque if any wanted to pay a half decent price for him.

I don't blame Roeder in all of this, I get the impression we're run a lot like some of the continental teams, the chairman buys the players anf not the manager. Employing Roeder has made it easier for Freddie to do it. Although, I think am man who's got away with no stick in this is Kenneth Shepherd, who supposedly bought Luque and has been involved in most of ourt recent transfers. KS playing Champ Man, but he's shit at it.

I don't blame Roeder in all of this, I get the impression we're run a lot like some of the continental teams, the chairman buys the players anf not the manager. Employing Roeder has made it easier for Freddie to do it. Although, I think am man who's got away with no stick in this is Kenneth Shepherd, who supposedly bought Luque and has been involved in most of ourt recent transfers. KS playing Champ Man, but he's shit at it.

187286[/snapback]

Definitely. Lined up as future chairman too if Daddy gets his way.

Ex Public schoolboy.. should have stuck to rugger

Edited by luckypierre

187286[/snapback]

Don't agree at all. The manager knows best when it comes down to his team so it's got nothing to do with who the chairman wants...! I find it very far fetched to say it's the chairman making those decisions and Roeder just agreeing to who the chairman wants. Even if it is true it sounds ridiculous as it's Roeder's job on the line at the end of the day. Sure, the chairman might talk up how ambitious we are and to not lack that ambition I bringing high profile players as that would obviously be part & parcel of his job, but it's down to the manager to speak up or else rightly yes I can see chairman doing a bit more than what he should, especially at this moment in time if that has been the case.

I'm not against Roeder as a manager as he's brought the right results in the past after Souness, but I do think he lacks ambition and confidence to be determined to get the kind of players we need.

187286[/snapback]

Don't agree at all. The manager knows best when it comes down to his team so it's got nothing to do with who the chairman wants...! I find it very far fetched to say it's the chairman making those decisions and Roeder just agreeing to who the chairman wants. Even if it is true it sounds ridiculous as it's Roeder's job on the line at the end of the day. Sure, the chairman might talk up how ambitious we are and to not lack that ambition I bringing high profile players as that would obviously be part & parcel of his job, but it's down to the manager to speak up or else rightly yes I can see chairman doing a bit more than what he should, especially at this moment in time if that has been the case.

I'm not against Roeder as a manager as he's brought the right results in the past after Souness, but I do think he lacks ambition and confidence to be determined to get the kind of players we need.

187302[/snapback]

Roeder won't want to rock the boat as he'll be after his Academy role back when Shearer takes over. Maybe :lol:

Panic on the streets of Jesmond....Fenham, Wallsend, Pon-tel-and....

187226[/snapback]

Hang the massive chairman

Hang the chairman, hang the chairman, hang the chairman...

Haven't seen this elsewhere :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...ool/5298080.stm

Lucas Neill off to Liverpool for £2m. Had a great World Cup alongside Moore for Australia. Can play full-back or central defence, and has come on a lot as a player in the last couple of years. Half the price of Boumsong too at that price.

I have a feeling though that Liverpool let him know they wanted him well in advance.

Panic on the streets of Jesmond....Fenham, Wallsend, Pon-tel-and....

187226[/snapback]

Hang the massive chairman

Hang the chairman, hang the chairman, hang the chairman...

187325[/snapback]

Burn down St James! Hang...the massive chairman....