League Position

Shearergol

If the transfer window closed now, how confident would you be that we can finish in a European qualifying spot?

It's a given that Chelsea, Man United, Liverpool and Arsenal will be above us. What about teams like Spurs, Everton, Bolton and Portsmouth who have all done well in the transfer market? What about Villa, bankrolled by a billionaire, with a top quality manager in charge? With all of those above us, that leaves us 10th. Then think about West Ham - not a great deal of activity in the transfer market, but I still fancy them to be better than us this season. If Boro get Woodgate fit all season, and see the potential of Huth (and even sign Nugent who they're linked with today) I can see them competing with us too.

Would 12th be good enough for people? Would it be good enough to keep Roeder in a job?

Spurs, Everton & Villa for definite I would think are in a much better position than us.

Pompey & Bolton are perhaps on a par. Disgraceful when you consider how shite (on a par with Sunderland) how shit Pompey were a little over 6 months ago!

Harry has shown that it doesn't necessarily need time, it simply needs action...

Deffo Top Half.

Maybe we could set off to win the LC and then maybe the Uefa as a priority....

Keep the cups important cause were never gonna win the league or get top 6 this season, maybe top 6 next year

Also get this feeling we might get QF stage of the UEFA.

187288[/snapback]

Given the standard of opposition in the UEFA these days, I'd hope we'd get that far TBH...

187288[/snapback]

Given the standard of opposition in the UEFA these days, I'd hope we'd get that far TBH...

187298[/snapback]

Given the standard of our defenders, and our lack of strikers, we'll be lucky.

187288[/snapback]

187298[/snapback]

187300[/snapback]

Well, beforee pre-season I thought that with the right signings we would have a good chance for top six. Now with teams like Villa and Pompey bolstering their squads while we fall behind I don't hold higher hopes than a place somewhere between 8th and 12th.

187288[/snapback]

187298[/snapback]

187300[/snapback]

:lol:

the problem is our wafer think squad and our appaling record with injuries.

our first team squad isn't that bad and if we're lucky enough to keep the majority of them free of serious injury we might manage a top 6 spot.

if we pick up the usual number of injuries and dyer and owen remain crocked for most of the season i think we'll struggle to finish in the top half.

we basically need at least 3 more players that can challenge for a starting place. i can't believe that with the end of the window looming we haven't signed at least two defenders and another striker. actually i can believe it. it was all too predictable.