Tallinn

WubbleUC

Anyone ever been?

Going over for our game in a few weeks. Most people have said it's a beautiful place like, but that's about it.

187485[/snapback]

how are you getting there? Toon to berlin to Tallin?

Anyone ever been?

Going over for our game in a few weeks. Most people have said it's a beautiful place like, but that's about it.

187485[/snapback]

how are you getting there? Toon to berlin to Tallin?

187495[/snapback]

Driving to Stanstead, flying to Helsinki, getting the ferry-hovercrafty thing accross to Tallinn.

I went there for a day in 1994 while in Helsinki for the European Athletics. My friend over there insists that things have changed rather substantially since then (it was all quaint-but-quiet old squares and wizened ladies selling cheap tabs from roadside shacks), and I have no reason not to believe her, though I intend to remain sceptical purely because it winds her up. :lol:

Happy to ask her for information if anyone's got anything specific they need to know, anyway...

I have been speaking to a few Irish lads who went out there when they played Estonia a few years ago, said the place was top class and the woman amazing! The only bar they can remember was called 'Molly Malones' and said it was very good and the Irish national side ended up on the piss in there with them after the match!

Can't wait, should be a good trip.

No offence meant at all Luke, cos I think it's admirable that you're going, but I honestly don't know how you can be arsed to drive to Stansted, fly to Helsinki, get the hovercraft to Estonia, all for 90 minutes of what will probably be awful football. :lol:

No offence meant at all Luke, cos I think it's admirable that you're going, but I honestly don't know how you can be arsed to drive to Stansted, fly to Helsinki, get the hovercraft to Estonia, all for 90 minutes of what will probably be awful football. :lol:

187640[/snapback]

It's more than just 90 minutes of football, two nights in Tallinn and it will be a good laugh, two nights on the piss. I'm sure Luke, me and whoever else is making the trip over will have a great time.

187640[/snapback]

No offence taken whatsoever, mate.

It's got a lot to do with how cheap it was mind, it's not a very expensive trip. I very nearly didn't bother. I'm still paying for the last time we were in Europe.

As Greg says though, it's a mini holiday in a way, to somewhere I probably wouldnt go if we werent playing there.

I've not been myself, but my brother has and he loved it.

The medieval style restaurants which do banquets with bear and boar he reckons are cracking, and he bought some class Apple Vodka back with him. Much nicer than the shite we get here. It's really cheap as well.

Watch you don't drink the water though. My brother made that mistake when he came in after a night out, and ended up with a rather nasty infection (no, it wasn't an STD) which landed him in the Freeman Hospital, a lot of pain and an urgent operation.