So I'm off to Japan in the morning

Woodgate27

Any tips on where to go in Kyoto, Hiroshima and Tokyo?

Being my first overseas trip, the fact that I hate flying and having just seen Snakes on a Plane today, I'm feeling a little bit edgy.

Oh, and I can't speak Japanese. This is gonna be fun!

Here's a tip. Fill up your mobile phone with images of everyday objects (a burger, pint of beer, hotel sign, toilet etc). Then when you can't find something, stop someone on the street and point to the image. Hopefully they'll point you the right way. :lol:

Thanks, you're not just a pretty face.

Speaking of mobiles, my carrier told me my phone wouldn't work in Japan, but just looking at the website it is clear it will. Bastards! Now I have to sort that out in the morning.

Speaking of mobiles, my carrier told me my phone wouldn't work in Japan, but just looking at the website it is clear it will. Bastards! Now I have to sort that out in the morning.

187593[/snapback]

Where are you flying from?

Have a good one anyway :lol:

Some more advice - take 10 million Australian dollars worth of yen because you'll need it to buy a square water melon. :lol:

Seriously, I'd love to go to Japan but the cost and language do put me off a bit. Well, more than a bit. Will be interested to hear how it goes.

I've been to Japan a couple of times. Once with my Father and the other time with friends. I enjoyed it so much more with my Father - I think it's such a fabulous place for a family holiday!

Kyoto has heapssssss of temples (like 2000ish I think), so you're bound to be cheking out a temple. Check out the Golden Pavillion, Silver Pavillion and the former Imperial Palace.

You have to go to Ueno Zoo to check out the pandas, so cute - and of course Disneyland in Tokyo. If you want to head out, 'Ropppngi' is the area with all the bars/clubs etc (I think thats what it is called..). You can bathe in the Onsens (hotsprings) if you like, but everyone goes butt naked, so it can be a little bit daunting! But yeh, if you want to do that check out Ooedo Onsen Monogatari in Odaiba its basically a hotspring theme park kind of setup. You MUST MUST MUST try and find mr donuts, seriously awesome donuts. Makes me want them just typing about them. You may want to get hold of a katakana chart, will make ordering food over there so much easier, otherwise jus tpoint to what you want!

Theres nothing much in Hiroshima apart from the Memorial Park, and thats a must..

Anddddddd, theres things called 'love hotels' where you can go to, ummmm, have sex ;)

Enjoy it and I hope whoever you are going with doesnt drive you nuts, cause Japan in itself drives me nuts!!!!

If I can remember anything else ill update my jumbled post for you. :lol:

Some more advice - take 10 million Australian dollars worth of yen because you'll need it to buy a square water melon. :lol:

187675[/snapback]

What a great idea! then it wont roll around in the fridge. ;)

187703[/snapback]

Available from Tesco's shortly allegedly:

From the Mail. Ahem.

187593[/snapback]

Where are you flying from?

Have a good one anyway :lol:

187643[/snapback]

Melbourne to Osaka.

I'll be on here a few times during the next few weeks. Off to the airport now. Hai!

Well I`m sitting here in the hotel lobby in Kyoto, fuckin hot and humid. The locals are real polite. Plus it`s so clean. I`ll try and post some photos in a few days.

And why was Sibieski our only fucking signing? Fucks sake. Shit tbh.

Well I`m sitting here in the hotel lobby in Kyoto, fuckin hot and humid. The locals are real polite. Plus it`s so clean. I`ll try and post some photos in a few days.

And why was Sibieski our only fucking signing? Fucks sake. Shit tbh.

190342[/snapback]

Piss off and enjoy yourself. :nufc:

Any chance of some Gheshia (sp) photos

Some more advice - take 10 million Australian dollars worth of yen because you'll need it to buy a square water melon. :nufc:

187675[/snapback]

What a great idea! then it wont roll around in the fridge. <_<

187703[/snapback]

Easy to cut 'n aall

devilish cunning , the little yellow men

No wonder Swan Hunter's & British Leyland went bust

• 2 weeks later...

I`m now in Tokyo. Big, smelly place. Although...

I found this season`s third strip in a `soccer` store. I`m assuming i hasn`t been released in England yet? And it`s fairly cheap. So I`m wondering if it`s genuine, though it does have the adidas holograph thing that`s on the other shirts. Anyway I`m amazed I found it amongst all the Man Utd crap.