roeder 99% certain of bringing in two new players

Craig

If Alan Oliver of the Evening Chronicle is to be believed, Glenn Roeder reckons he is 99% certain of bringing in two more players before Thursday night's transfer window deadline.

Speaking in a post Villa match video on the Chronicle's website, Oliver said he had just spoken with Glenn Roeder who had told him he is "99% certain of bringing a defender and a striker in."

Whether this is true or not remains to be seen, but Roeder had previously said he was in "pole position with three signings" after the Villa game.

At present, no new players have followed Damien Duff and Obafemi Martins through the doors at St. James' Park, with not much longer to go.

The likes of Huth, Woodgate, Viduka, Nugent, Trezeguet, Mido, Gravesen have all been named as possible targets in recent days by the press, with the majority having since had their futures decided elsewhere.

Source: http://www.sportnetwork.net/main/s70/st103357.htm?fromrss=1

Personally I didn't think it needed to go beyond the first sentence tbh

roeder might have been 99 per cent sure over the weekend but we've seen most of the players we've been linked with move on to other clubs since then.

a panic buy beckons

roeder might have been 99 per cent sure over the weekend but we've seen most of the players we've been linked with move on to other clubs since then.

a panic buy beckons

187892[/snapback]

I hope that we are going to get someone who can strenghten the team and not just the usual last minute panic buy , but I have my doubts.

Huth and Graveson would have been good for us but we have dithered while Boro and Celtic were more decisive.

I hope this indiciseveness is not going to be typical of Roeder.

I'll be surpirsed if we sign half of one player let alone two after reading the latest from Roeder Land...!

....don't ask me how that works.....maybe he'll sign another midget to add to our ever growing bollock nudgers...!

We're after Ashley Cole on loan till January.

187931[/snapback]

That could almost, in a strange way makes sense if say Chelski and arse can't agree a deal and he refuses/wenger refues to play him for arsenal. :lol:

187948[/snapback]

It's what an Arsenal-supporting colleague of mine is saying. Reckons that Fred is putting pressure on Arsenal suggesting that it would put Chelsea's nose out of joint as they're convinced Arsenal will buckle...

187931[/snapback]

That could almost, in a strange way makes sense if say Chelski and arse can't agree a deal and he refuses/wenger refues to play him for arsenal. :lol:

187948[/snapback]

It's what an Arsenal-supporting colleague of mine is saying. Reckons that Fred is putting pressure on Arsenal suggesting that it would put Chelsea's nose out of joint as they're convinced Arsenal will buckle...

188024[/snapback]

Pretty certain the best leftback in the world would join us too.

187931[/snapback]

187948[/snapback]

188024[/snapback]

188026[/snapback]

Whose that cos it aint Ashley Cole.

187931[/snapback]

That could almost, in a strange way makes sense if say Chelski and arse can't agree a deal and he refuses/wenger refues to play him for arsenal. :unsure:

187948[/snapback]

188024[/snapback]

188026[/snapback]

188284[/snapback]

Not many I can think of who are in his class. Chelsea want him and I'm pretty sure the likes of AC Milan, Barcelona and Real Madrid would be very interested in signing him too.

187931[/snapback]

That could almost, in a strange way makes sense if say Chelski and arse can't agree a deal and he refuses/wenger refues to play him for arsenal. :unsure:

187948[/snapback]

188024[/snapback]

188026[/snapback]

188284[/snapback]

Don't talk shite.

187931[/snapback]

187948[/snapback]

188024[/snapback]

188026[/snapback]

188284[/snapback]

Don't talk shite.

188368[/snapback]

The world has gone mad. He is good yes but if he is best in the world then standards are dropping. Then again David Beckham was supposed to be one of the worlds best players and I never saw that either.

99%. Whether he signs someone else or not, does '99%' not suggest a virtual certainty, ie barring an act of God or summat? As opposed to the myriad of things that can go wrong in transfer negotiations involving sophisticated contracts, money grabbing agents and fickle players.